Feedback Fun Game

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-SephiroQA, Nov 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jessyme Guest

Ok, so here are the rules I want feedback on the game; however here is the game part.
    First list Urgent/Important: these are things that you feel need immediate attention and are very important to you.

1. Tradeskill and workshop writs for Tier 6. Very frustrating to be level 56 and still receiving T5 writs which gain you almost no experience at all.
    2. Monk AoE combat arts: I am a level 41 fribbity monk. I have exactly two combat arts that affect a whole encounter, one is a AE taunt, and the other is a PBAOE that affects not only my encounter, but other creatures outside of my encounter. When I am the main tank and I have a large group of mobs it is next to impossible for me to keep agro on all the mobs in my encounter. I either need to keep switching targets which confuses the folks assisting off of me and often gains them agro since they stay with the one I started with, or I stay on my first target, keep spamming my AE taunt the second it refreshes, and end up having the critters I am not actively fighting attack the priests who are healing and the mages who are AE’ing. It would be wonderful to either have a combat art damage AoE that affects just my encounter, or another AE taunt on a different timer from the existing AE taunt. I have no problem holding single target agro. It is only when I have a group of targets that my ability to hold agro falls by the wayside.
    3. Ability to have a true guild hall where members could actually interact with the pets, use the house vault, etc. Mostly pets :smileywink: Would love to see visitors to my home be able to interact with my pets too.
    4. Enchanter issues: I will defer to other enchanters who posted on this issue as I do not play one, in particular Zifwick who is the chanter in my guild. I know there were issues before the patch as well, but the patch seems to have had a very negative effect on them and needs to be looked at.
    5. Priest issues: I will defer to others who play priests on the issues here, but I know from my guildies who play priests that it is horribly difficult for them to solo. Apparently it takes them ages to kill something. I will defer to Eethoon on this issue and concur with his statements.
    Second Not Urgent/Important: these are things which you feel are important but not urgent and you can live with.

1. Would love to see monks have fun fighting graphics with quarterstaffs and batons. They have fun fight effects with the bo staff and the fist weapons, but nothing special for dual stick wielding.
    2. Please make the reward from the Froglok world event quest sparkle again.
    3. High end raid content with prizes that are appropriate for high end players. I am not quite there yet, but I understand this is an area that needs to be addressed. A lot of EQ's longevity comes from the raiding aspect, so it is important to make this area very good.
    Third Not Urgent/Not Important: these are things that you feel are being worked on but don’t really matter to you.

1. Not sure if this is being worked on or not, but XPing in game seems to be really easy now. It is possible to gain several levels in a few hours at lower levels, and a level every 3-4 hours or so at the high end. Maybe this is intentional, but it is concerning to me in that if it is too easy folks will hit the high end really quickly and leave. It does not seem healthy for the longevity of the game. One of my guildies who supports the high XP gain explained that this was done to keep from frustrating the casual player who only plays a few hours a week. Not a huge issue for me, I benefit from leveling fast though I have XP off much of the time so I don’t get too far ahead. But it is a concern of mine.
    Finally list the changes you like/love and think are perfect.

1. LOVE the live events! Free the Frogloks World Event (finally got my beloved Frog back), Plague World Event (I could infect griffons!!!!! That alone made it worthwhile. Teach them to drop me before getting to the next griffon tower- Bitter? Killed by Bloodtalon and his minions a few times? Me? Naw *grin*), Halloween Haunted House, Trick or Treating, Scarecrow Mask Quest, Building the GriffonTowers in Nek and TS. Marvelous!!!! And the prizes for the Halloween event and the GriffonTowers event were perfect!
    Also, Haunted House and Trick or Treating were doable by all levels. My little level 8 priest alt with all app 1’s was able to get all the masks (my fave is the goblin mask) by judicious use of sprint and was able to get her own “Scare”Crow. Very well done and lots of fun. Best stuff ever!
    2. House item rewards and new carpenter recipes: The Maj Dul recipes are very different from what we have seen in the past, and COLOR! So nice to have color. And a plant!!!! Also, stuffed tiger, arena champions in the home, “Scare”Crow (my personal favorite- that zombie that jumps out to scare you is perfect!), monkeys, baby dragons, holiday candles from last year (really looking forward to what is introduced for Christmas this year) new antonican defender, genie bottle and orb, fire demon dog house pet, dreadsnout pig house pet, dreadsnout boar head for wall, jack-o-lanterns, hanging bat, pumpkins- all very well done and very enjoyable. I’m sure I will think of lots more after I post this, but wonderful job!
    3. Positive changes to the priest classes. I don’t really play a priest much myself (as I said above, she is still level 8 and is probably going to remain a bank elf for a long time to come) but my guildies who are priests are much happier now, and that is good to hear. Not really sure of what all the changes you made were, but they are happy about lots of them.
    4. Conjuror spells: My mains are my monk and my conjuror, and I must say that I am pretty happy with my conjuror. Always have been :smileyvery-happy:
    5. Veteran rewards: Marvelous idea! Really like the rewards as well: House items and fireworks are my favorites.
    6. Guild bank: Thank you thank you thank you!
    7. In game mail: Another marvelous addition!
    8. Mentoring: Really nice not to have to turn off XP all the time so I don’t outpace my friends.
    9. Books that don’t count as an item towards room limit.
    10. The new expansions/adventure packs are great! Love Paw and Maj’Dul.
    11. Guild interface management tool- very nice.
    12. Ability to change appearance of existing characters. I was surprised to see this show up, but very happy about it. When I began playing EQ2 I had an old computer with an ancient video card. Could only play in windowed mode and rendering was awful. (Dogs/wolves had no eyes, etc. It was sad) In particular, tattoos looked like dirt smudges or blood smears, so I did not give my wood elf any (Could not figure out why folks wanted to look perpetually dirty or injured). Now I have a nice new system and can see how lovely the tattoos are and really wanted one. Now I have one *grin* Thanks!
    13. The flavor changes in the game landscape, such as flowers showing up in the Shire, barrels, bottles, ropes, pumpkins, undead guard dogs and horses, ghostly rats, NPC’s in masks, etc showing up and going away. Makes the world feel more alive and dynamic.
    14. In game GM’s have been really great about responding to my issues in the game (with the exception of one incident long ago, and maybe they really could not help with that one, though would have preferred if the GM had just said: “Sorry, I don’t have the power to put the “y” back on the end of your guild’s name.”). Actually have had really excellent experiences with the GM’s in EQ1 as well. LOVED the GM’s we had on Antonia Bayle in EQ1 (Had a minor problem with occasionally falling through the world and dying with my body irrecoverable by any means available to players. GM’s were great about responding quickly and digging my corpse out of wherever it had vanished too. Milk and cookies were appreciated too *grin*)
    15. Last, but not least, it is very evident that you folks at SOE are listening and trying, and that is really appreciated. It is impossible to make everyone happy, and some folks seem to actually get their joy out of life by being miserable about something no matter what. But it is great to see things like this post, and to see the changes each patch that address our concerns and give us goodies we did not even know we needed but now can’t live without (“Scare” Crow!!!!!) *smiles* Thank you!

Thanks for you input relax after patch 16 went live you all did a great job.
  2. ARCHIVED-Druzgotek Guest

First list Urgent/Important: these are things that you feel need immediate attention and are very important to you.
    1. Inquisitor is more similar to templar after these updates and revamps, than it was before. More differentiation
    was supposed to be the selling point of this mess. (before templar reactives had mitigation component, and inq ones
    a damage component, inquisotr direct heals had hastes and such, while templar ones had soemthign else, now
    it is all the same, and even worse, reactives overwrite each other)
    2. Most of the new raiding content makes me want to go shoot myself, fortunately it is healthier to just not log in.
    (I am referring to camping some junk for weeks just to enter some zone, then have to camp that junk again, if I
    want to go back in)

Second Not Urgent/Important: these are things which you feel are important but not urgent and you can live with.
    Loot is horrible, even though you claim to have improved it. Loot that offers too minor, if any, increase, over
    previous tier, is boring.

Third Not Urgent/Not Important: these are things that you feel are being worked on but don’t really matter to you.
    Now that you made guild horses very cheap, make the status cheap too. 60 pp became 10 pp, so 750k status
    should have became 120k, but it is 375k instead. That is too much work to get each of my alts one of these.
    Also, provide a way to transfer status points from one character on same account to another.
    Lastly, provide a way to transfer no drop items between characters on same account. This way people will
    be able to abandon classes you will never fix more easily, and there will be much happiness.
    Make metal chests more common off solo mobs too.
    I like how 3 arrow mobs now drop rares in their wooden chests.
  3. ARCHIVED-StElNino Guest

1- Add some raid content T6 in the style of Zalak, Drayek, Oxxulius ... for the T5
    2- Improve the DSP of same class (the most big spell of my warlock lvl 38 is better that the big sort in master II of my dirge lvl 55)
    Second Not Urgent/Important: these are things which you feel are important but not urgent and you can live with.1- Implement Advanced Carpenter Books (T6)
    2- The possibility at all the scouts class to use the poisons (Yes It's my dream)

More gain of SP by furniture crafted.
    Message Edited by StElNino on 11-12-2005 08:30 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Niburr Guest

* Templars - less healing, less utility, less dps than any other healer and zero ability to solo. [Example: Fury - group invis, porcupine, dps, and healing]
    * Coercers - no niche what so ever
    * Raid content - implement T6 raid zones like T5 (CoD, CL, Antonica, LS etc.)
    * Solo additions - since the removal of Harclave more "solo friendly" instances need to be added. [I don't like having my LFG up for hours to find a 15 minute group.]

* Provisioner T6 product durations completely off.
    * DoF lag sometimes unbarable.

* Armor graphics. [Much more imporant GAME issues.]

* World graphics are outstanding.
    * Vitality is perfect now.
    * New guild structure.
  5. ARCHIVED-Matek Guest

1- Bugged/Unbalanced/Overtuned quests or events. Especially those related a large amount of players like Deception, Fountain of Life access or Restoring the Vessel (which almost everyone thinks is a bug).
    2- T6 Fabled Loot qualities. Only mark something fabled if they have really good stats or have procs unlike that wis+12 buckler that you can get from the roost. I don't think that should be marked "fabled."
    3- Weapons off all tier as well as Heavy Armor needs more color. Single colored armor every tier is boring. Hope to see Cobalt armor or fabled armors with silvery frames (like current Cobalt Chainmail) as graphic IS in fact, important nowadays. I remember ppl complained about how FFXI was lack in variety of armor appearences back in a year ago. Now the game has is filled with cool looking gears. I want EQII to beat em with your superb engines.

FYI: These are the current existing equipments in FFXI. Sorry for being in Japanese: http://graphipedia.squares.net/

Guardians seems having a hard time holding hate post LU#13. Maybe you guys should take a look at it?

1- Not in-game related but... GIMMI TEH CORRECT SERVER STATUS IN UPDATE NOTES!!!

2- Start server down at 6am PST and 7am PDT instead of both 7am PDT and PST would be great.

Finally list the things you like/love and think are perfect.
    Rare component harvest rate increment.
    Message Edited by Matek on 11-15-2005 12:52 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-btennison Guest

7. ARCHIVED-timbdotus Guest

--First list Urgent/Important: these are things that you feel need immediate attention and are very important to you.
    Though I don't play an enchanter, they need to be looked at. Their utility seems to fall in between a rock and nothing.
    Templars + Inquisitors need to have more to differentiate them.
    Conjurers "Shattered" line needs to have its recast time seriously reduced, you halved the duration, but left the recast the same, this crimps a bit of our group utility. I seem to remember a certain dev saying that people needed to rely more on stuns and mezzes and less on heals, after LU13... Sort of hard to do that, when you keep nerfing the two best Stun + Mez classes in the game (Enchanter + Summoner).
    Armor Dyes... When can we change the color of our armor? If I wanted to look the same as everyone else, I'd still be playing WoW... Maybe I'm spoiled from years of NwN though...
    Cloaks! Why can't we have cloaks?!? Every other fantasy RPG has them... PLEASE OH PLEEEEEASE give us cloaks!

More spontaneous, 1 on 1 events with GMs. If you don't have enough staff, how about player guides?

--Second Not Urgent/Important: these are things which you feel are important but not urgent and you can live with.
    Name Changes; When can we change our Given Name? Maybe have a quest for it... Allow it once per character, or month to prevent abuse.
    More Non-Combat Fun Pets... Why can't I take my Halasian Mauler out for a walk?
    More scripting flexibility when making UIs... See; World of Warcraft and LUA.
    Ability to craft multiple components at once... It's annoying to have to sit there and keep clicking the "Repeat" button when I'm churning out 20 Wheat Malts...

--Third Not Urgent/Not Important: these are things that you feel are being worked on but don’t really matter to you.
    Guardians... I see nothing wrong with the class, but I guess, some people do....
    Developer / CSR Hex Dolls... How about Hex Dolls that, when used, spawn in-game dopplergangers of the Devlopers and CSRs, which we can kill.... This way, after they nerf (Insert Random Class Here), we can beat them up? Might reduce support tickets a bit... (Kidding, of course... ^_^)

--Finally list the things you like/love and think are perfect.
    LU16 added some nice stuff... I'm happy with crafting for the most part. The ability to customize your characters appearance is nice... All around I really like the game...

-timb
    Message Edited by timbdotus on 11-14-2005 07:41 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

--First list Urgent/Important: these are things that you feel need immediate attention and are very important to you.

A better LFG mechanism to get in groups that are working on particular quests. For a game that is called EverQUEST! the in-gmae mechanism for completing quests suxs.

--Second Not Urgent/Important: these are things which you feel are important but not urgent and you can live with.

New armor and weapon looks.

--Third Not Urgent/Not Important: these are things that you feel are being worked on but don’t really matter to you.

Loot drop tables for Epics. I know they are important for people that raid but I am not there yet.
  9. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

Message Edited by Morie on 11-14-2005 11:42 AM
    Message Edited by Morie on 11-22-2005 08:27 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-DovianWarCall Guest

Raid Loot and Abilities
    * The metal drops in DoF need to be more frequent/better and more potential targets/instances. In regards to legendary and a chance for fabled being more commonly dropped off of hard to kill heroics (Epicx1's is what they should be called as someone else had pointed out). These would be auto locking encounters with minor AE effects. Tough to kill and worth a single groups time and effort. Still you can have your Epic x2, x3, and x4. Epic x1 targets could then be for aquiring master spells and a small chance for fabled armor with a higher chance for legendary.
    *Trust me on this topic, guilds will not hold when there is no prize to be sought after. This seems to be a hot topic among me and my guildies.

Class Problems

Subclass:Wizard (not much to complain about after CU changes)

*the mana pumps/harvests are now ineffective. They should not require extreme amounts of life for such a menial return.

-In the case of "Intromission" the spell is completely useless. Pumping around 180 max mana into a someone with a pool of 4,000 + is an insult, especially considering the reuse timer and the damage taken to cast it. Please fix it to be a much shorter reuse timer and a little more mana pumped, say something in the range of 200 - 250, you can still have the damage so that there is a draw back but otherwise this spell is never used and should be deleted for something more useful.
    -"Vital Flood" is good but the ratio of hp to mana needs to be closer...430 hp on a wiz is alot. But, I know if I recieved 250 mana for 300 dmg I wouldn't mind.
    -"Vitalic Reaping", remove the dmg all together here. I should think being stunned for 15 seconds punishment enough for gathering mana. The mana reclaimed here is appropriate.

Archetype:Mage (all casters)

*Shorter cast times would be very appropriate. A large concern in the caster community is that dps is lacking because of this fact. Keeping the reuse timers the way they are is perfectly acceptable. This would also help with the interrupts.

*Please help my friends in the enchanter class out there. I know they are getting very frustrated. I cannot say how but I saw good suggestions on other posts as to how to fix.

Archetype:priests

*Lots of issues addressed by other posts. From what I can tell watching raids and such they need to have shorter reuse timers and increased potentcy in their heals.
    *Their solo dps is lacking.

Archetype:Fighter

*Mitigation and evasion for them is to low. (Personal opinion)

Archetype:Scout

*This utility and dmg archetype cant even use most of their abilities in a raid setting.

Raid Usefulness

*Please for the love of god reintroduce the utilities of many classes to work on Epics once again.
    -I am a wizard in game, so I cannot speak on this issue very well but it is a huge concern when I look at raids excluding utility classes. If you are worried about possible easiness of killing the Epics, simply scale back the potentcy. Perhaps having stuns only last a matter of a second. Stifles the same thing. I know what it is to feel useless on a raid (eq1 pally) and this is more than likely causing people to reroll or quit ( lost revenue and less players ).

Tradeskills

*Advanced Carpentry Volume 51-60
    -I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you left out an entire class from rare abilities and put in SOGA models. Even though manipulating character look is a neat idea, get the core of the game polished then work on the extra's.
    *Higher returns on provisioner combines.

*Laggy zones.
    *Uncompletable/broken quests.
    *Tier 6 writs.
    *More unique looks. Armor, furniture, weapons, etc...
    *Being able to be in a guild hall for meetings or living in a guild house without massive amounts of lag.
    *This was suggested by a friend...guild colored capes with an emblem on it. This would add a very interesting look.
    *Being able to sit down at a chair or on a bed. More interaction in the houses. Less lag due to pets.

*SOGA models (even though they are done)

Finally list the things you like/love and think are perfect.

Carpet rides.
    Guild Bank and guild systems.
    Griffon towers in Nek and TS.
    Post 45 vitality (trade and .
    Caster dps amounts.
    Spell increases from apprentice to master.
    Ingame mail.
    Prismatics.
    Instances.
    Fireworks ;)

Message Edited by DovianWarCall on 11-15-2005 09:24 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Message Edited by Luhai on 11-15-2005 04:55 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Aevarr Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

Message Edited by Tanith_ on 11-16-2005 05:13 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

Oops !
    Message Edited by Tanith_ on 11-16-2005 05:13 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Sutava Guest

16. ARCHIVED-judged_one Guest

Most Important:

1.)Class inequity:
    Please take the time to read the post in the Assassin, Warden, Guardian, Enchanter...
    Forum. As an assassin, we were promised that post LU#13 we will be tier one DPS, instead we were Tier 3 (Supported with parse and number in assassin forum) We
    waited 3 months (LU16) and we saw some minor changes to our class, that only boost our DPS to Tier2. It is quite frustrating!

Make sure certain class is not overpowered, just becuase certain Dev plays them.(Brawler) It is rather obvious, and it should not be happening to an organization as big as Sony. It is rather unprofessional. Whever is responsible for LU 13 and combat revamp needs to be fired, or relocated to another department. They blew thier 1 chance to fix the game.

Make sure every class is needed in raid. Give each class an ability to contribute to a raid. i.e. Assassin is irrelvent for the sucess of a raid, while a brigand can archieve similar DPS and a lot more de-buffs etc

2.)Itemization:
    How can a treasure item be better then my fable? Please look at the itemization process.
    Devise a formula to ensure that Fable>legendary>Treasure.
    i,e Tatician Hoops +12Str +12 Agi is rather powerful for a reasure earring.

Second Important:
    Interaction: There are lack of P2P interactions. When I return to Freeport I hardly seee anyone, and when I am at SS I just rush to my destination. There are no incentive or purpose for me to interact P2P anymore. It will be really neat if we can have a player build city.(Similar to the building of the grif towers.) Think of the possiblities:Guild city, rival city, quest to improve city, buying item for city, special power for city deweller, Politics in the city, writ for the city, invasion of the city, faction relation of the city....)

Why do you think people buy a carpet for 50 plat? (To show how elite a player is)
    In the same way you will see alot more interaction between guild and players to get the best city, or house in the city possible.
  17. ARCHIVED-zorbdan Guest

Kendricke
    Lord
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Reply 1 of 51
    [IMG]
    Viewed 452 times
    [IMG]
    The Holy Books of Templar

Compiled issues/bugs/feedback about Templar class

I. The Wrath of Templars
    Bugs: Templar(BUGS - Issues and obvious problems with current Templar class abilities or spells which prevent them from working as apparantly intended).

1. Mitigation does not appear to be working correctly.Due to this, many Templars are interrupted far more than leather or even chain wearing priestly counterparts, leading to a further degradation of our already low damage output.

2. There does not appear to be a point for upgrading skill level on Sign of Weakness lineSign of Weakness duration seems to be based entirely on character level. For example, there appears to be no variation between an Adept I and and Adept III version of the spells.
    3. Wisdom does not seem to be affecting heals.
      It was widely believed prior to the revamp that wisdom would be affecting heals. Though it's apparantly that Intelligence affects spell damage, there is no apparant effect for having more wisdom. Wisdom has long been a primary attribute of all healing classes - including even Paladins.

4. Atoning Fate does not always work
      Does not proc the group heal upon mobs death if the mob is killed by a proc of any kind, on a weapon from the weapon or a buff etc.

5. Salvation is not upgrading properlyAdept I and Adept III are identical spells. Suggestion would be to make the Adept III better by giving it a longer duration or quicker recast time.

6. Unyielding Benediction does not upgrade properly to Vigilant Benediction
      Lower tier spell Identical to upper tier version.

7. Combat resurrections require additional attention
      A Templar can cast a combat resurrection on a target, but has to stay in range (1 meter) till the target actually clicks yes. During a group or raiding situation, this can be incredibly frustrating when the Templar's also trying to assist with healing.

8. Weakness
      Even though the effect is no longer the same, the recast timer remains linked between Weakness and "Sign" line.

9. Undead Situational Damage
      More undead quests would help clerics to take advantage of our Strike line more. In addition, having more access to ways to damage undead ...or even increasing the undead damage we already produce seems to be a willing compromise many Templars would be willing to accept in place of an outright overall DPS boost.

II. The Journey of TemplarsClass Issues: Templar(ISSUES - Items that Templar community thinks SOE should looked. These are not bugs, but rather issues more related to game balance. [IMG]

1. Templar (and really all other priests') DPS is significantly lower than that of Furies. Though Furies are now much more powerful than previously in handling healing in most situations, Templars are not more powerful relatively speaking in regards to damage output. Though normally this would not be as great an issue due to our typically greater defense, the fact remains that due to changes to experience debt and now even shard collections, death is no longer as great a detriment as it once was...leaving Furies able to gain significantly more experience than Templars in soloing situations. In addition, this leads to a perception that Furies are more desirable in grouping situations.

2. Reverence is not considered useful by many Templars
      Many Templars do not use Reverence for various reasons cited, including: not effective enough even at higher quality (Adept III only gives back 140%); duration is not long enough (15 seconds isn't even long enough for most pulls); or just confusion over what the point/purpose of the spell is supposed to be. Perhaps an explanation from Lockeye or another developer letting us know what the envisioned point of the spell is could help Templars figure out how the spell is supposed to be used, and we can work to come up with better solution toward its effectiveness.

3. Soothe line needs workMany Templars feel Soothe is not very useful in its current form. At the very least, it needs a decrease in casting time, an increase in range, or both. Oftentimes it's used to pacify a wandering add. By the time the target is in range of Soothe, it's often too late to cast the spell before the target is engaged in battle. Additionally, effectiveness could be increased by allowing it to be used in an AE or Group form, soothing multiple targets at once.

4. Combat is too quick and DPS intensive post-revamp
      The perception seems to be that prior to the revamp, "pure" healers (as most Templars felt we our role was) held a more solid role in Norrath. This seems to be based on the fact that post-revamp, combat goes so quickly that healing is almost trivial in most group situations. This is related to the issue that Templars have far too little DPS in comparison to some priests (notably Furies), and thus our significant healing abilities are largely wasted in most typical situations, whereas our DPS contributions feel insignificant compared to other priest classes who can both heal and supply damage. Perhaps having longer or more dangerous combat would assist in bringing Templars back in-line.

5. Group instant heal range is too short
      Group reactive is normally 25m. Our group instant heals only range for 10m.

6. Combat Resurrection range is too short. Currently at 1m, this is a very very small range. While in a raid or group its difficult and distracting to be looking around on the ground for a corpse to stand on while trying to heal. A 5-10m heal at least would be better.

7. Divine Arbitration
      The spell doesnt work well for saving classes other than Mages, it plunges many people into orange when you use it to save a fighter, it should evenly balance out the % hp of the group so after casting you would all end up at equal health, even if its all orange, make it so everyone would be an even % afterwards rather than random bars all over. The spell needs a quicker recast, its not the most insane spell ever that it needs a 15 minute recast! In addition, there's no change in penalty from Adept I to Adept III.

8. More "effects"
      A general recurring theme among Templar requests is to return some flavor to individual spells. Whether this includes a small mitigation boost with Amelioration line or other bonus effects, these extra effects were widely enjoyed and appreciated.

9. Resolve Issues
      Resolve and Ardent Resolve seem to take too long to cast, too long for recast, and too much power.

III. The Prayers of TemplarsFeedback/Wishlists: Templar(SUGGESTIONS - What Templars would like to see)
    1. More shield types
      Templars could be able to use round shields instead of just bucklers. As it currently stands, all priests may use bucklers, though priests may use heavier armors.

2. Any ideas that we allowed to melee a little better?Perhaps a Yaulp or other effect to increase our melee damage.

3. Holy Acolyte to do something?
      When soloing, perhaps the Holy Acolyte could assist the Templar in some fashion...assisting with damage spells or by increasing the ability of the Templar to melee. When grouping, perhaps the Templar could assist with random group cures or small buffs.

4. Shorter Cast Time
      Most spells generally have long casting or recast times. Perhaps allowing Templars to use their damage spells more quickly would be a consideration.

Credits:Everyone on the Templar boards. Please continue posting bugs, issues, feedback and wishlists. Regardless of personal issues or politics, I'll attempt to faithfully gather the information as best I can.
    Reasoning:Our class has issues an will always have issues. More to the point, I've been accused by so many recently of attempting to be a class spokesperson that I've finally decided to put on the mantle. If I'm going to earn the title, I may as well put in the work.
    Version Updates:[11.15.05] Created New Volume in same format Xrande used for the original. Original Volume can be found HERE.
    [11.16.05] Clarified some language. Added Sign of Weakness bug. Added Reverence and Soothe issues. Added Quick Combat issue. Added Wisdom Heal bug.
    [11.16.05] Added several suggestions from AzraelAzgard
    [11.17.05] Added several suggestions from Meribor, Adaman, and one more from AzraelAzgard.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Message Edited by Caerwyn on 11-17-2005 09:26 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Moria15 Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Geekyone Guest

Message Edited by Geekyone on 11-17-2005 11:02 AM