Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Talathionwins, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Talathionwins Active Member

This is feedback for years of playing berserker. I have had these abilities for quite some time and I know from the back of my hand how they work. The current changes pretty much destroy these three abilities.

I am sure this sounds like a bunch of whining, but I am terribly angry at the design decisions of games these days, taking away what makes classes and abilities unique.

Patch notes:
    Berserker
    Battle Frenzy may now only trigger once every .5 seconds.
    Blood Rage may now only trigger once every .2 seconds.
    The stoneskin portion of Perseverance may now only trigger once a second.

A berserker is a tank that gets significantly stronger the more things attacking him, and for years its always been this way. However these changes pretty much destroy and kill the opportunity cost of each of these spells and I will explain why.

Battle Frenzy:
    Remember in PvP when you added this to it and it completely ruined the spell? Let me explain why: The spell procs each time you get damaged by something - this includes double attacks, flurries, procs, autoattacks, everything that happens after something. A lot of creatures actually do stuff like this, by limiting it just once every 0.5 seconds you COMPLETELY ruin the opportunity cost and value of this skill.

Blood Rage:
    Same with here, your pretty much cutting the total healing of this ability by 75%. Even though it looks like a little nerf it is actually a huge nerf in disguise.

Perseverance:
    Seriously? Your not even going to improve the ability by making it only proc off things that do a significant amount of damage? One of the biggest issues with this ability is it can proc off almost anything, even stuff that does little damage when bigger things can or could one shot you.

I understand the need to nerf them since you feel they are too powerful. However you just completely destroyed them, you removed the opportunity cost. Opportunity is what made these spells special, tactical, magical and powerful. In a 1 on 1 fight these abilities were not very good, but when surrounded by mobs you could change the fight with them.

Which begs the question: Why are you being lazy with this? Why are you also not fixing the problems they have?

Suggested Battle Frenzy fixes:
    Your going to either have to remove that ICD, or change the ability to something else entirely. At the point in time it will be useless compared to what other classes have. Either that or your going to need to reduce its cool-down from 3 minutes to 2 minutes. Your going to need to do something not-lazy to fix this and make it unique like it was before.

Suggested Blood Rage fixes:
    Scale the ability down by its level: I admit, its way too powerful early game. It used to not be that way when you had Blood Rage I, II, III, IV, ect ect.

As for the internal cool-down being added. NO NO NO NO NO NO! Your completely destroying this ability, do you not understand that its an anti-melee ability and punishes people for having high melee? Even adding a 0.1 internal cool-down destroys the opportunity cost of this ability.

You need to make this ability proc off all types of damage, not just melee. Perhaps even increase its healing by 100%! That is if your keeping the internal cool-down on it.

Suggested Perseverance Fix:
    Change it from a stoneskin to damage reduction and remove its internal cool-down. However make it a stacking buff. This means the more enemies you have on you the more powerful it gets. This way you stick true to the class.

If this is about server stability, and not about the abilities themselves. I agree that they cause significant lag some times, however if your going to fix them: Change them to something else that is actually interesting and useful, not useless abilities that are merely shadows of their former selves.
    FriggaWitch and Healious like this.
  2. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Not enough people play zerker to even care about this nerf. such a shame
  3. Xakanis Active Member

The Berserker gets 200% AE auto attack because of their temporary buff; "Open Wounds", and Mythical buff; "Whirlwind", that is wasted. AE Auto attack maxes at 100% so it makes no sense to keep this as is. My proposal is to add a bleed type effect to; "Open Wounds" as the name implies. Can you guys take a deep look into this?
  4. xkrisx Well-Known Member

@Xakanis, you need to post this on Reddit as they arnt responding to feedback on here.
  5. Xakanis Active Member

I couldn't find a reddit link to berserker changes.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

just sounds to me like your complaining that you can't pull a whole zone, and out parse the healers heal parse and be virtually unkillable anymore.
  7. Pikku New Member

I do feel for the zerkers who have gotten used to be unkillable in raids/instances. But the nerf hits right on target.
    Some instance groups require the healer in group ONLY for rest of the group, the tank itself didn't need heals (because he was a zerker).

Can the zerkers say why other tank classes are too "über" after this nerf?
  8. Koko Well-Known Member

I could have sworn I commented on this... in fact I distinctly recall commenting in this thread. I'm curious as to why that comment was removed. I'll summarize the previous comment.

tl;dr: This prevents berserkers from mobbing entire dungeons. This allows developers to make content that they previously couldn't, as bersekers would immediately trivialize it. It makes me sad that I can no longer do sweet stuff that fundamentally breaks the game, but I realize what I want and what are best for the game are frequently different things.

Be empowered that what you were doing was deemed too powerful to design around. When given the choice of designing around you or to nerf you they chose the nerf as they felt it was the only option available to them. You, as the player, can find someone else that is similarly powerful. You've already done it before, do it again! In the process of doing so, you will help make EQII a better game.
  9. Xakanis Active Member

As someone who plays both the Berserker, and the Guardian as well as my son who also plays both the Berserker and the Guardian, with my wife and other son playing the Shadow Knight, I can tell you that all tanks if geared right, and using the right clickable items like Gnostic Potion of Regeneration, and the 110% heal on hit charm that all tanks this expansion are GODS in Heroic content and do not need healers. We frequently trio raid trash too, without a healer. Tank + Coercor + DPS. Guardians and monks can actually SOLO some raid trash. So while they're actually killing the raid trash solo, and mitigating the damage, the Berserker will eventually kill it, much, much later.

But hey, the Berserker is the least played Tank in raids, and their only claim to fame is easy Heroic content, so lets take that away from them so even fewer people play and underplayed class. Sounds like a grand idea to me.

Why not fix all tank issues, instead of nerfing this one into the ground?
    FriggaWitch and Healious like this.
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

Least played? Take a look at this. Bezerkers are either number 1 or 2 raid tank depending on how you want to look at it. They are certainly not in the bottom half of the fighters.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/progression-by-the-classes.559028/
  11. Xakanis Active Member

The Data - Integrity is Awesome!
    First off, I did not divine these numbers via a ouija board, nor pull numbers out of a hat. This data was collected through the EQ2 Census API. EQ2's Census is opt-in only, as such any private profiles do not show up on the kill count, thus there absolutely is a margin of error. It also will not be updated in real time, because I have things to do! However, I will try to update it every 1-2 months or so if people find it interesting enough.
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

Unless there is a class conspiracy to opt out and skew the number the individuals choosing to opt out shouldn't in any way invalidate those graphs as a basis to talk about what classes are attending and succeeding in which raid targets and in what percentages. Even if there is a degree of inaccuracy, this is an unbiased poll of the population.
  13. Xakanis Active Member

Counting my household alone, my cousin, and several friends you have 9 Guardian, 2 Berserkers, 2 Shadow Knights, 3 Monks, and 1 Bruiser who are not in Opt-In status. Keep in mind PvP players are almost always; "private", along with many of the top end raid guilds who do not want to share their AA specs.

Also how many people take their alts in, to get updates? I know I do, even on classes I do not play. I have many updates on a yellow malice stone geared Berserker.

Also do not underestimate peoples desire to remain private after the NSA fiasco.

Q: What about player privacy? How do I "Opt Out" of the Data API?

A: Players have the ability to "Opt Out" their character from the Data API using an in-game setting in the Character/Persona window by unchecking the "Enable EQ2Players Updates" checkbox. Websites that use the Data API should respect this flag and, within a reasonable time, remove characters which are no longer available in the API.
  14. Xakanis Active Member

I have faith that whether or not I'm right or wrong that Daybreak will make the right choices here. :)
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  15. Talathionwins Active Member

Well.. I guess nobody plays the game anymore.
  16. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Not quite right. Its just that not a lot of zerker are around nowdays. WTG DBG!
  17. Glenn_Australia New Member

Sorry if I am necroing this thread, but I actually quit playing because I saw these changes coming to Beserker.

Does anyone know if they are actually coming into effect or have they abandoned this stupid idea?
  18. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

they made it in.
  19. Glenn_Australia New Member

Thank for for that information.

I still have 9 months left on my subscription, the money does not bother me at all, but this company really seems to have a big PR problem.
  20. knine Well-Known Member

welcome to the DG nerf fest lol.. everything that had unlimited procs are slowly being changed over.. supposed to fix lag lmfao.