Feature Request - Remove the 9999 plat cap

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Atan, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

You got it.
    suka likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

cool. i like the thought that it is still there. makes the other values still relevant.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

How do you make 40k in plat per week!?

o_O
    suka likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

that's really a good question. i wish people who know how to legitimately make money in this game would share it with the rest of us and not try to keep it a secret. i say that if you are willing to brag about it, then you should be willing to share the how to.
  5. Milliebii Well-Known Member

Selling Looting Rights? still sounds way to high but that might be it.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

My thought was selling that or krono, but to me selling a krono doesn't 'count' as it's just swapping real world money for in game currency. I don't see too many ways (that don't involve never seeing outdoors or ones family) to make 40k plat per month, much less in a week.
  7. Milliebii Well-Known Member

Even if you are correct about the current practice, that is that there is a raw number in the Database that is displayed with a format (copper,silver, gold,plat) you are still probably wrong about the consequences of the change. The likely way such a change would be implemented is to divide existing raw numbers by 100 and store the new raw number back in the database. The change in the display format would then show the correct values (silver,gold,plat,mithral).
    suka likes this.
  8. Milliebii Well-Known Member

On reflection you are also probably wrong about the internal representation of data as a raw number.
    10,0000 plat is 10,000,000,000 copper which is about 5 times larger than an unsigned 32 bit integer. Given the age of EQ2 it is unlikely that they are using the data type 'long long' (64 bit unsigned integer).
    Loredena likes this.
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Hmmm Suka just to go back,40 alts 25 houses each (I think that is the limit) would be 1,000 houses each with 100,000 (ok 99,999 but the 100k makes it less cumbersome to do the math) of each basic fuel so 600k or 600,000,000 fuel across all those houses would run you roughly 3600 pp, Heh I do not want to think of the real life expenditure of time it would take to actually accommodate turning 1,000,000 pp (have a friend with 600k so this is not unrealistic) into basic fuels let alone all the alts and houses it would require (approximately 11,000 alts each with 25 houses). Heck I would not even call that an exploit as it sounds like a whole bum load of work to me.
  10. Milliebii Well-Known Member

Or you could corner the market on fish!!!!
    'plump haddock' & 'cutthroat trout' are listed on the broker at 1cp each, after the change they would be listed at a whole silver, that is a 100 fold profit!!!!
    On paper at least.:oops:

But as no one buys them at 1cp I don't suppose you would get a lot of sales at 1 silver.:p
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

If you have a lot of platin, you are not thinking about buying things in Broker für 9999 Platin, but I would never sell a thing like
    Scythe of the Sun http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2080978117 for this.

I know a guy who offered 100k Platin for an artefact

Deleting copper will solve the broker problem only for a limited time, but in my opinion it seems to be a good way :)
  12. Ahupu Well-Known Member

LOL Milliebii. I feel like I have already cornered the market on fish as I have given various guilds about half a million of the things. But for my math we are talking vendor bought items (fuel) that cost less than 1 silver (6 copper to be exact)and should (if they eliminated copper) go up in resale value to the merchant to 1 silver.

Of course the math gets uglier and the idea of anyone doing it is completely unfeasible. To elaborate each character has 6-48 slot bags (288 inventory slots) which would equate to 57600 fuel max capacity or roughly two trips per fuel, with the actual time it takes to buy the fuel plus zoning you are probably looking at 20-30 minutes of time for each house meaning each character would take 8 1/3- 12 1/2 hours to buy that much fuel (call it 10 hours per toon for convenience sake). 110,000 hours in other words to convert 1,000,000 pp into basic fuels and then roughly the same to convert it back ( longer actually as putting it in the depot is one click, taking it out is 288). Each direction would be 4583 days (12 1/2 years). If they gave us that much lead time on the conversion I still would not call that an exploit as I think a 16x profit is a decent reward for 25 years of 24/7 work:p:D.

This ignores harvesting the 1,375,000 rares needed to make all those fuel depots and the time to craft the 275,000 depots in question. All told probably another 10 years. This of course assumes no sleep for the entire time do it 8 hours at a time and you are looking at roughly 105 years for all that. Again do all that (not to mention the $109,930 you would spend buying character slots) and I think Sony would be happy to let you have your exploit (heck just offer smeds that $109K and he would probably let you have the 16x increase in personal in game wealth without all the work).
  13. Estal Well-Known Member

I never said anything about people having exploited in the past or not.

I said SoE should clamp down very hard on those who will no doubt attempt to exploit the upcoming (upcoming means in the future, not in the past) currency change.

And if you read this very thread you'll see that I'm in favour of the change, not against it.
  14. konofo Active Member

It's more speculation than exploitation, because you're speculating that they won't just flag every existing sub-silver vendor item as no-value.

kono
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Currently there are 2 ways.
    1) Farm Ethereal drop zones by completing all missions every day on each of the level 95s you have and selling the rewards
    2) Buy valuable items on servers where the prices are low and sell them on servers where they are high

To be honest, I just don't care about plat that much, but that is what I can easily make in one week when I choose to focus on it. I personally only focus on this maybe one week every month or two, as I simply see no 'need' for more coin. Others though enjoy that game and have already earned 100s of thousands and just keep doing it cause that is the part of the game they enjoy.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  16. Avianna Well-Known Member

You see no "need" for more coin cause you have more than you'll use. people with little to no plat see a lot of "need"
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

So you buy item x on one server, pay to transfer to another server and sell said item there?

Er, I would think using real money to transfer toons might deter a lot of folks from this avenue, plat generating as it may be.
  18. Princeofpaladins Active Member

The Queen and the Overlord need to start taxing people with that much plat, lol. Someone's gotta pay for all those free gryphon rides. :)
    Livejazz and Avahlynn like this.
  19. Princeofpaladins Active Member

Actually, I think more things in the game should cost money. Maybe sailing on ships (using the mariner's bells) and riding on gryphons shouldn't be free? And no back rent if we haven't paid for a house or inn room in awhile? Why is that? Cities upkeep and maintaining armies is very expensive. Qeynos and Freeport don't have bottomless treasuries, no kingdom or empire does. Also, why is using wizard spires free? I don't think most mages or erudites are that generous. Druids may not outright charge for using their rings, but they may ask for a small donation :)
    Livejazz likes this.
  20. Princeofpaladins Active Member

That should be city upkeep, but I can't edit right now for some reason.