Faydark and Befallen hangout thread.

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-Cory S, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Pentamoon Guest

Yep, that be it. Down for an update after it pretty much just got back up. LOL *whine mode* But I wanna play! :smileyvery-happy:

I didn't have time to check my bank vaults... me fingers are crossed though.
  2. ARCHIVED-nismodr34 Guest

Is there an update going on along side with the server merge? or do all servers need to come down ? i figured that since faydark and befallen were merging...they'd be the only ones to come down.
  3. ARCHIVED-Azuresky Guest

I checked the network status page to see if it was just befallen and it's ALL of them. I love that Network Status page now that it really works. These guys just get better and better. :D (Really that is not sarcastic. Was really annoying the way it used to be.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Pentamoon Guest

It works now? :smileysurprised: Really? Way cool!
  5. ARCHIVED-nismodr34 Guest

Can someone direct me to locatoin of the Network Status page link plz? :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Azuresky Guest

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/network_status.vm
    There are some things they still need to fix about the page I think, but the Top and the Very bottom work really well most all the time. :D It's that middle 2 sections I'm not so sure about. :smileywink:
    Message Edited by Azuresky on 02-07-200602:32 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Pentamoon Guest

How did folks get their names in color above their icons? Been looking through the preferences and so far don't see any options for it. Hmmmmm....
  8. ARCHIVED-ryuen Guest

Not really our choice: clicky
    ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Yohun Guest

Blackguard wrote:
    Housing and Shared Bank: We are currently investigating possible housing and shared bank issues for certain characters. Please do not worry about permanently losing entire sets of items as a result of this transfer. Make sure to /petition if you notice problems.

Well now that is a problem is it not if the GM sends the following reply:

Does GM Ograty actually know what is going on? My wife who lost only one set of shared bank slots received the same canned reply from this GM, but he did not explain why her Freeport shared bank is untouched....
    So to re-cap:

Both Cory and Blackguard tells us to file petitions if shared bank slot items are missing. When we do, We are told that the system is working as intended and our stuff is deleted!!
    I'm a very patient person, but this is really starting to piss me off.
    To top it all, My 7 month old character lost his name to one less than 2 months old! Bloody @#$@#$@#$!!!
    Please get you communication lines sorted out ASAP. This is pretty shoddy for a supposedly professional outfit.

Grove.. a very pissed off Fury

edited for spelling
    Message Edited by Yohun on 02-07-200609:28 PM
    [ninja_edit] All of the conversations with support staff, both In-game, via telephone, Live chat, or e-mail, are confidential and should not be posted on the forums. I apologize the GM gave you the wrong information, and you are free to use the e-mail feedback system for specific complaints. We do not post conversations with players for the same confidentiality reasons. [/ninja_edit]
    Message Edited by TSR-Cory S on 02-07-200603:34 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

I'm in the same boat. Lost all my items and chest on Qeynos but retained the chests on Freeport but lost the items. I think its presumptuous of SOE to make a comment like that. It's also rude. I didn't move voluntarily I was forced to relocate and was only made aware of it a couple days ago and had no idea they were planning to delete my hard earned items. Hours of gameplay represent $$$ spent to play and it is completely inappropriate to assume that I would know what to do with a character move when I didn't request it. What would have been nice would have been an email to me by customer service telling me... move all your stuff into your character bank.

Of course I don't have enough room for that with trade skill items, quest items, and items I am trying to sell.
    Message Edited by TSR-Cory S on 02-07-200604:20 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Yohun Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Yohun Guest

I cannot agree more. An event such as a server merge is huge. I also had no idea that this is happening till yesterday.
    I've been doing a lot of work related interstate traveling recently and had no chance to read the forums or producer's notes where these mergers were mentioned. When I logged on yesterday I only found out by incident about the merger.
    What I did was to collect all the items that was in the houses of my various characters, never for one moment thinking that my shared bank will be in any danger of being wiped :smileymad:
    They indicated that this issue might be resolved with the daily update but such was not the case.
    And to get such an ignorant reply when I report it as suggested. Very poor in my opinion.
    Grove.. a very annoyed Fury
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-Cory S Guest

The shared bank items issue will be resolved. If the server reset has not reolved the issue, then your problem will need to be dealt with by a GM, by hand. This means the scripts that were run on the downtime did not address your problem- but they did address amny of the other problems that became apparent after the merge. The Faydark database has not been removed specifically to allow the GMs to compare server logs and move items properly.
    This will take some time to complete, as each ticket that WAS resolved with todays update must still be responded to, and each one that was NOT resolved has to be done in individual, time-consuming increments. However, your shared bank slots are not 'borked' forever- it is a temporary issue that will be resolved.
    You may need to re-petition, and mention that today's update did not resolve your specific issue. You should be as clear and precise as possible when petitioning the GMs. Give them character names, server names, and the most complete list of what was contained in your shared bank as possible. This will allow them to resolve the problem quicker.
  14. ARCHIVED-pantaleimona Guest

I share a house ingame and was a trustee before the merger. Today I am not listed as a trustee and all items that belonged to me are no longer in place in the house. How do I resolve this? I'm unable to access the Service Ticket function ingame to submit problem to GM.
  15. ARCHIVED-slaane Guest

why are all my chars. gone from my log in screen?
  16. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Launchpad screen or the true character load screen? If Launchpad you need to select "play" to get to the other screen and see if they are there. Also on the EULA screen verify that you are still on the correct region for your server - US or Europe
  17. ARCHIVED-slaane Guest

the launchpad lists my chars under the play button but not to the right where it lists all characters, and it also says faydark next to my names
  18. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Launchpad is still cacheing the old data, you should be able to update this by using the Play button then going into the game from the character select screen.
    I can't remember the manual way of clearing the login cache files:( don;t have my notes available at the moment
  19. ARCHIVED-Jennymcconnell Guest

Looks like my highest level character is gone for good. I tried to use the character transfer service on friday to move her from Faydark to another server (other than Befallen) and she has not been playable since. I petitioned yesterday about it and they told me that it was just because of the server merge and she would be selectable again after it was completed. My other character on Faydark transfered just fine but this morning the one I tried to transfer was still gone. Petitioned again and they said they couldn't restore the character since (according to their records) the character was deleted on friday and the character data from Faydark is long gone. Sure I have deleted characters before, but I would never delete my main, I spent too much time and energy on her. My petition is being forwarded to a supervisor, please tell me that's a good sign and something might come of this? I am hoping that I can at least have the character restored to Befallen.
  20. ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC Guest

I'm going to give this 24 hours (or until someone posts something inflamatory) and then I'm going to lock it and squirrel it away in the mounds of other posts for history's sake.

Amazing, a 1100 post thread in just 24 hours.