favourite village?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Levatino, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

[p]Mine is Nettleville Hovel, cause in one building you will find the inn, the bank and a vendor.[/p][p] [/p][p]What's yours and why?[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Jerril Guest

[p]Greystone Yard[/p][p]First toon was a Barbarian Pally-so it's nostalgic.[/p][p]Access to QH and Oakmyst. No small corridors to find and go through. Any place with Dwarves and Barbarians is cool. [/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-IrishJen77 Guest

Oh gee *hmmm* I think my favorite is Beggar's Court. Nostalgic, just like the last poster. My first and favorite character began there and it feels "homely." Feel kinda like a stranger in all the others.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Stonestair Byway is my favorite. My first Inn room was there and conveniently located by the tradeskill instance, bank & mariner's bell. Sacrificed those conveniences for my 3 room home in N. Freeport. However, I still head over to Stonestair to do all my crafting.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Village of Shin. Mender, bank, vendor nice scenery shame you cant live there.
  6. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

For me, I think my favorite is Castleview Hamlet. It wasn't the 1st place I ever "lived" but eventually I made enough High Elves that I became really familiar with it -- to the point that my betrayed Ogre and my (deleted) Dwarf lived there also. All my High Elves live in Longshadow Alley now, though. And my Ogre lives in Kelethin. I don't actually have any Q characters anymore.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lunah Guest

Temple street for sure..my dirge started there way back when, my necro is from there and my assassin is from there. So it is home..I dont like tall races so temple street is more my style. ;-)
  8. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Big Bend - the shortest way to everything and the connection to SFP is helpful.
  9. ARCHIVED-Basthardus Guest

[p]Willow Wood. Besides the fact that the Inn, Tradeskill, Mender, and Bank are all centrally located, and the convenience of a bell, there is also the Elddar Grove next door. There I can find an arrow vendor, and treehugger writs.[/p][p]Plus, Willow Wood is simple to navigate end-to-end. And all the elves seem to appreciate my barbarian bigness...[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Legiax Guest

[p]not quite sure which i prefer.[/p][p] Although i really do like NFP.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

I agree with Jalek, the Village of Shin is a lovely place. And it is a shame that you cannot take up residence there.
  12. ARCHIVED-bongo1234 Guest

haha same with me over two years ago.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jairy Guest

Baubbleshire. Nice and small and all homey feeling. I still go there to craft normally with my Qeynos toon. On the Freeport side, I prefer the Scale Yard. And I echo the others in saying it's a shame we can't live in Shin. That's one of my favorite zones.
  14. ARCHIVED-Crw Guest

Willow Wood without a doubt. All the amenities are clustered together, and I love the rural feel. I tend to get lost in most of the other villages, and I'm always getting stuck under the boardwalks in Graystone :-?
  15. ARCHIVED-Slapfish Guest

It doesn't really count as a village, but I love being in Qeynos Harbor. I really need a bigger place, but I hate to leave because it's so convenient to everything. I love decorating and messing with my apartment and it's fun to zone out, jump the rail and be just a few steps from the dock and minutes from almost anywhere I want to go. It's full of people coming and going and it feels like I live right in the big middle of all the excitement and it just has a very real immersive feel to it. It has a hustle and bustle about it that a real harbor district might have.
  16. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

For Qeynos my favorite village is Willow Wood and for Freeport it is Longshadow lol but my favorite town is Kelethin :p
  17. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

Somborn. *cackle* Hehe, in all seriousness, though... all my alts still live in Stonestair Byway, which was my first (Kella is a Kerran) and one I like very much. Kella lives in a 5-room in South Freeport but all the others are in Stonestair still. I quite like it. (I also loved living in East Freeport but alas, the 2-room house just wasn't cutting it anymore.)
  18. ARCHIVED-Balic Guest

[p]Nettleville Hovel. Simply because, like most of you, it was my first home. [/p][p]Even today when in Qeynos most of my time is spent there. Although my house on my main is in SQ, my bind point is still Nettleville, I still do all my crafting, banking, repairing, brokering, etc. there.[/p][p] [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Mareth Guest

I like living tombs! Sure, it lacks a mender, and perhaps a vendor. Maybe it doesn't have a broker, bank or housing. Fine, it doesn't have anything really, but it looks really good! Another one for Village of Shin, and Somborn would be a nice place to live too. For the real villages, Willow Wood, the freeport ones reuse too much I think.
  20. ARCHIVED-Toredorf Guest

Another thread for the Zone and Polulation forum lol... to bad there isn't one in the new forums lol