Fatal Error upon Zoning into Tranquil Sea

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ketu, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Druantia Member

Look not a single Dev reply on thread!!! WTG on the CS
    Charlice and santargria like this.
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

Disgusting isn't it!!!
    Charlice likes this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

What exactly did you do for this fix - force and update, roll back or what?

I have this file also and hoping it solves my problem as well
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

He uninstalled his microsoft installed graphic card drivers and reinstalled the newest ones from the Intel website is what I'm betting on.
    santargria likes this.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

The only work around I have found is to just leave my toons in Tranquil. Needless to say this is not really working out that well for me, if I actually want to do anything.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

At least you can get there - I crash going there and if I try to log in that toon it crashes immediately before the toon loads :(

Fortunately, I have 1 machine that can get there without crashing to take my toons out - unfortunately, it's not the machine I play on LOL
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

Yep, once I'm there I'm fine. Zoning there is still a guaranteed crash though, whether it's zoning from 'home' or zoning out of an instance.
    Got to admit I played less this weekend because I'm just so sick of it.

I have about a 50% success rate getting to Castle Greyskull which I find odd.
    santargria likes this.
  8. Naga New Member

3 weeks, no news.

not even a heads up.

Im waiting on buying the xpac for my other accounts, because why pay for a service i am not getting?

Anyway, since the issues were mentioned many times, during and after the beta. You would think it safe to assume, some fix would be done by now.

So im starting to think that after firing half the staff earlier this year. All your left with are incompetent or overworked ppl, that cant handle this. maybe its time you starting hiring techs back.
    Tenanye likes this.
  9. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that some of you are still encountering problems : / If the suggestions regarding the Vortex Shader Errors did not work and you are still crashing to desktop with no message, it could be a variety of problems.These are some of the additional steps you could take that might resolve some issues you are encountering:
    • Check your system to ensure it is compatible, you can do that here: System Requirements
    • Close all background programs.
    • No-message crash to desktop errors are often a result of out-of-memory errors, so it may help to increase your virtual memory:
    • Set your in-game performance settings to low:
      1. Launch the EverQuest2 patcher.
      2. Log in
      3. Click on the Advanced Tools button (down on the left side).
      4. Select "Game Configuration"
      5. Select the "Settings Tab"
      6. Set General Performance to "Extreme Performance"
      7. Set Environment to "Low"
      8. Set Character Textures to "Low"
      9. Click "X" to close the window and return to the client
      10. Click "Play" to start the game
    If you are still encountering problems, please contact Customer Service and open a support ticket so that a technician can try and assist you with resolving these issues.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm not setting my 2000+ dollar gaming PC to low to play your game.
    Please tell the graphic engine devs we are still waiting on a fix.
    Tenanye likes this.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Thats the error... and it has nothing to do with virtual memory.
  12. DAig Member

I don't really understand how this issue has been left unfixed for so long. It was pointed out in beta by MANY people, and still made it to LIVE server environments. There was a huge thread regarding this issue.

Yet here we are with people reporting the same issues which were supposed to be fixed in beta.

After all, thats what beta is for right? If not .. why have one at all?

What really annoys me about this is that the issue seems to be common enough to be reproduced, on a wide variety of hardware platforms, it even brings into question the quality of internal SoE testbeds if this slipped through their net, or they are unable to reproduce it in house.

To say I am highly annoyed about lack of action on this issue is an understatement.
    Charlice and Tenanye like this.
  13. DAig Member

Sorry to have to burst this particular bubble, but I saw your recommendations and tried this very thing. I uninstalled every instance of Visual C++ ... restarted PC... then reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

First couple of zonings to Tranquil Sea from Freeport on loading the game were successful. I assumed that it might have fixed the issue, but its always best to try and force a crash by repeating the cause, one success alone does not mean the issue is solved. I also zoned to Sinking Sands, then zoned to Tranquil Sea, and the Fatal Direct X error popped up.

So, sorry to say but no this does not appear to be a definitive fix.
    Tenanye likes this.
  14. Charlice Well-Known Member

After trying a number of the fixes listed in this thread, I not only still have a guaranteed crash when zoning to Tranquil, 9 times out of 10 I now crash when zoning to the Guild hall.

Please keep posting suggestions. :(
  15. DAig Member

[IMG]

Memory usage and error codes for crash when zoning from Tranquil Sea to Phantom Sea.

Client just locks up when adding character to zone then crashes.
  16. GadZook New Member

Alright so...I took a break from EQ2 partly bc of life and bc of my beta experience. I started beta when it came out. I never was able to play the new zones bc of various reasons. Granted that's my fault for never bringing my issues forward but general assumption was it'd get fixed by the time it was live. So when I tried to play beta I had numerous problems with zoning into new zones and I figured by the time I played it would be worked out.

..I was wrong. I still can't get into the Tranquil Sea.

I recently had someone gift the xpac to me bc I missed the game and wanted to play and hang out and well..

The error message i get reads:

EverQuestII has detected an unrecoverable error and must be shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.ccp(229):
    rtexture->Texture!=NULL
    01afe1a0
    Given the discussion i read on beta and here my specs should be no issue. If tech would get with me privately for specs etc I would appreciate it...or any help at all. Just want to get this fixed asap to continue playing with friends.
  17. DAig Member

[IMG]

Here is the updated image I removed from the last post due to no editing facilities in this forum. This is task managers state on crash when zoning from Tranquil to Phantom.

Look particularly at memory usage, nothing out of the ordinary. This is using the fixed assets launcher.

Client is installed to E:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest II, so this shouldn't be a permissions issue. This is not the system root drive, it is a separate HDD I install games to.

Also let me add that I had dropped my texture settings down to Minimum, Minimum, Minimum for testing purposes when running around in Phantom Sea last night. Memory usage is still terribly high with all texture settings at minimum.

Lots of random client shutdowns in Phantom Sea when I was travelling around the Kithicor Woods area, and near Castle Highhold.

I was able to play OK in Tranquil once I was zoned in there and could quest for quite some time and had no random shutdowns in Tranquil.

Every one of my crash errors seem to be an exception c0000005.

Exception code c0000005 is the code for an access violation. That means that the program is accessing (either reading or writing) a memory address to which it does not have rights.
    Charlice and Tenanye like this.
  18. DAig Member

I just had a thought .. could it be possible that the client is trying to access assets either locally or remotely, but not being able to find them, or something is blocking access to them, and causing a c0000005?

If this is the case is there any way to find out what they could be?
  19. DAig Member

While testing more I zoned to Tranquil Sea from Freeport sucessfully (fresh client start), zoned back to Freeport successfully, then returned to Tranquil Sea and got the usual error.

Alertlog.txt states:

build="SOEBuild=11566L" version="SOEVersionString=2014/12/2 15:12:22" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp11_rgn_southseas" loc="920.74 11.91 1505.78" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp(227): Error while creating terrain texture. Error(E_OUTOFMEMORY)(2147942414). Texture info(2112)(2112)(5)(21)"

This is on a 32 bit Windows Vista machine which is running 3GB RAM and an 8GB paging file.

Client texture settings are all:

Texture resolution: Minimum
    Character Resolution: Minimum
    Character LOD Resolution: Minimum

Sitting in Tranquil Sea right now from a fresh client start with these minimum texture settings, the Everquest2.exe process is consuming 1,316,380K (Working Set Memory).

Anyway in my opinions, it is not just the new zones which have this problem either .. this is a typical memory footprint when starting the game. Something is clearly wrong with memory management in the client, 3 or 4 zonings seems to be enough to push the memory usage over the tipping point on low memory PCs.

I still maintain that the September 23rd Performance Update patch is somehow linked to the current problems we are now experiencing. Hoping for a fix tomorrow in the bugsplat patch, if it is not fixed I am even contemplating asking for refund on this "faulty" expansion.
    Antone and Charlice like this.
  20. Keelinn Member

I feel your frustration with this issue as I was having the exact same problems. Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit is what solved the problem for me. Game runs perfectly now, not one random crash or fatal error since I changed. Maybe worth a try?