Fatal Error upon Zoning into Tranquil Sea

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ketu, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Bardonio Active Member

UPDATE~~~~

I had a friend zone me into Bilge water bay solo instance. i logged in from my computer with no issues. Cleared the zone and tried to zone out into tranquil sea again with the same fatal error via G: streaming blah blah.
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Lets just say its not getting better... I had the pop-up 4 times in a row today at the same time, while zoning into my house :p
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

just got my update from support - to paraphrase.... "Buy a new machine" -

Shader 3.0 not supported by my 'puter

Um, I don't think I'll be buying a new computer just to play this game
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

What graphic card do you have? Mine does support Shader 3.0 and it still crashes like a Rock Star.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

It's the Intel HD graphics - and of course like most laptops, it's part of the motherboard so it's not able to be upgraded :(
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

santargria likes this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Yah, I think they outsource the gpu - but it is what it is - fortunately, I have another laptop and desktop that so far can at least get to AoM although I don't use either of them to play - guess I have to break down and try to use either of those machines :( too bad, can't play and watch TV anymore LOL
  8. Bardonio Active Member

Reward for years of loyalty: get a new machine. To be tossed aside like a bad piece of steak can make a person feel totally betrayed. Now I just want my money back and move forward. Sony, refund me via open ticket since last year, and be done with me already. Don't drag this out. You took my money as soon as i clicked purchase, now refund just as fast. It's a very miniscule amount to you I am sure, but the principal of the matter is more important. I can finally delete EQ2 completely! Why I came back is beyond my comprehension.......cough<addict>cough Never again.
    santargria likes this.
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

Ummm if you are trying to play a 3D game with an intel GPU, its really not SOE's fault.
  10. IddyBear New Member

bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560
    trying this for a guildie.
    also found bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072
    as a suggested solution
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

That suggestion was posted already in this thread. It might help, more than likely it won't.
  12. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Your laptop doesn't even have a real dedicated graphic card. Can hardly fault SoE for that. Its a 3D game, it requires a 3D card.
  13. Bardonio Active Member

not worth arguing about to be honest. no need to buy a new computer for a silly video game anyway. IMHO. All those free krono's are just sitting on the account now. such a waste of plat! LOL. would give someone almost a year of free gold access too. Bye EQ2. It was fun while it lasted.
    santargria likes this.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

There is nothing to argue about, games require gaming hardware and its been that way for a long time now. And the best thing is that the prices on laptops with dedicated graphic cards have dropped so low in the last few years that they don't even cost much more than a office laptop.
  15. Raisie Member

I have gotten this same error today a few times. I know its not my laptop. It's new and built or gaming. Hopefully this gets resolved.
  16. Antone New Member

Definitely agree with the last part of this post. Sept. 23rd patch is when I started getting booted a lot. Didn't make a difference wether it was to my house or any zone. Was just random. Devs had me running so many tests on my system and sending them so many reports I eventually got tired of that. They told me my systems was ok, but that my memory was double the game requirements, which was 4gigs of memory. They even suggested to me to change out my video card and I did with no fix. I've basically tried everything, but con't to still get booted with/without warning, multiple times everytime I play the game. I keep hoping for a fix from them, but at this point i'm just ready to quit this game.
  17. Keelinn Member

I myself have had no further problems with this issue since I changed OS.
    It is sad though that the issue rages on for others with apparently no fix incoming!
  18. Sambril Well-Known Member

Thank you DAig! :D :D

This worked for me (though since I have 4GB physical memory on Vista 32 bit I used 3072 rather than 2560. I remember reading about the /3GB switch years ago (an earlier method to achieve the same effect of allocating more memory to user mode) I had totally forgotten about it until I read your post. I can now zone to Tranquil and Phantom without crashing and around the revamped Freeport and Qeynos which have been giving me trouble for a long time now.

Now that I can play the game properly once more I have been observing its memory usage. It definitely does increase over time, indicating a leak, especially zoning to and from Tranquil. I was zoning back and forth to Tranquil and Greater Faydark several times and on each trip back to Tranquil the Peak Working Set had increased by roughly 30MB. I will try to test this particular issue some more.

As I played, going to various other zones (my guild hall, obol plains, hidden caldera, my craft house and probably a few more I am forgetting) it grew to over 2GB - which clearly would not have been possible without my increasing user mode space.

To those with problems on 64-bit windows, as far as I know Everquest 2 only comes as 32-bit which means it will still have some memory limitations despite you having more than 4GB on your systems (exactly what limitations depends on various settings and how the program was compiled - I don't have the necessary information, nor a 64-bit system to run tests).
  19. Sambril Well-Known Member

Further to my previous post I did some more testing of zoning from Greater Faydark to Tranquil Sea (just using the world bell, not even moving at either end)

Code:
                      Peak Working Set

G.Faydark           2099768
    Tranquil Sea        2109052
    G.Faydark           2109264
    Tranquil Sea        2113028
    G. Faydark          2115852
    Tranquil Sea        2140724
    G. Faydark          2140724
    Tranquil Sea        2165724
    So as you can see it does not increase by a fixed amount each time - but it does increase. If at some time during the zoning (or even moving around in a zone) the memory requirements exceed what you have available (even if they fall again once zoning is complete) then you will get an error. This error is not handled particularly gracefully by the game, sometimes displaying the texture load error that people have posted, sometimes just a silent crash to desktop.
  20. zadical New Member

so let me understand this situation..this appears to be a continued client server malfunction/change/needed fix..and nothing has been done about it and no discussion or advice from Daybreak and mums the word even tho this goes back months except the usual flip card answers that dont do anything to remedy the problem, and its up to the gamers out there (thank the powers) to create work-arounds to run a game we are paying for ? ok .. and no, im not sending them the dxdiag/msconfig files again or downloading ms files and reinstalling DX 9c that /G drive LIve is having a problem on as i dont have a G: drive or live.on my puter. I did do what the gaming Nerds are suggesting and so far it seems to work pretty good.. a heck of a lot better than the no concern fixes from Daybreak, but its only been a day so i dont wanna jump the gun.. just keep my fingers crossed which really makes it hard to play the game .. good luck everyone. try this it might help and make special notice of the REVERSE procedure if it doesnt above outlined.