Fan Art & Sig Makers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Afista, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Afista Well-Known Member

Where are they supposed to post now? Here in off-topic?

Mostly interested in who is an active sig-maker these days. My poor little attempt of cropping an image and adding paint text looks even worse now since these forums have an actual shadow box for sigs : /
  2. kela Member

have you tried using ****, it is like Photoshop but free. That is what I use to make my sigs, and it works well.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Afista likes this.
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! I've actually got **** downloaded, but I admit I've never learned enough about it to use it for anything besides cropping images for my site : p Hubby showed me how to set image sizes tonight to fill out the sig box and found a new image to fit better.

I do like looking at fan art when it's posted... so was still wondering where that would go. Looks like the movies and such are just going to be mixed here in off-topic now? : /
  5. Afista Well-Known Member

Thanks, I've actually got G imp downloaded but admit I've never learned enough about it to do anything besides crop images there hehe Hubby taught me how to set an image size tonight and I found a pic that will fill out required sig space a lot better than the one I had before.

I still like looking at fan art when it's posted and was still wondering where the movies, sketches and such were going to be. Looks like it is here in off-topic now? : /
  6. kela Member

The most powerful part of The GNU Image Manipulation Program, yes an inisalism inside an Acronym got to love techies. Is the ablity to do layers.

I don't know if you have ever seen a documentry or know how old cell animation was don't but it is basically the same thing.

First you lay down a "background" image. Then each bit you want to add you place on a seperate layer(think of them as transparanies with only one item on it), what you do on that layer does not effect the layer below, so if you mess something up, you remove the layer and the background is still preserved.

On a basic sig, you want atleast a Background Layer for the baise image, layer for your charactor(if your putting that on) and a layer for your text(I recomend multiple layers for this).

Make sure each layer's background is transparent, save for the Background Layer, then you can manipulate each layer indivisually.

Also the nice thing about programes like Photoshop and G I M P is that you can edit say your charactor image in one file, then copy/paste it as a new layer into your background file.

Also if you are doing a screenshot of your charactor that you want to be part of your sig the best way to do that is to take that shot against a background that is as close to flat as possable(meaning very little color veriation), baiscally something that works as a green screen. That way you can get the camera angle and pose you want and can more easily crop out around the outline of your charactor.
    Afista and Darkmoogle like this.
  7. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

Not sure I can get any assistance but I do have a question I have an old sig from eq that has my old druid name but it doesnt fit my new druid name in eq2 - is it fixable with this program not sure i still have the orginal picture or how to find it since it was soooo long ago... also is it possible to get someone to assist me in making it or even doing it since i am a idiot when it comes to art work like that? Please and Thank you!
  8. kela Member

If your image is "Flatened", JPGs and GIFs require this, then it could be a PITA to fix it. However, if the layers are still seperate in one of the images, mainly that means in the formate of the image editting program, then it would be a simple fix.

If you could post a copy of the sig it would be easier to determine how difficult it would be to fix.
  9. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

I am not a 100% sure that I loaded this correctly, but here is a link to it listed on photobucket as that is the only sight that I remember that hosts pictures - I am sooo not up to date with the current sites to use...

Attached Files:

10. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

11. kela Member

If you just want to chage the name up at the top in the black, it would not be that hard to do, the words at the bottom would be much harder to overlay.
  12. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

I just only need the name at the top and the old guild name on either end eremoved - the incoming druid kisses is something that will stick with me forever /smile - i would like it to say Cutye Pye of Butcherblock.... just dont have a clues to what i am doing and even where to begin let alone how to get to read as my signature on every post when done... I am clueless now days!! THANKS for all your response and help thus far Ke'la ((Hugs))
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cutye Pye, can you post the graphic for your existing sig? Even better, that same graphic minus any text. Tell me what you want it to say and I'll fix ya up.
  14. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

Sigrdrifia, I did post a link to it that i have on photo bucket atm but i can not find the orginal pick or size of it anymore since i have bought a few new computers since then :( so sorry
    wish I knew where I got this pic from I do not remember... but I can link it for you in a PM if you wish... Thanks so much sweetie ((Hugs))
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

16. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

ok Sig found the Orginal picture - only after 3hrs of searching hahahaha - but i found it - ummmm do you want me to PM you the links to them or how you want me to do it??
  17. kela Member

Here is a quick and dirty version I made from your earlier link Sig can make something MUCH better.

[IMG]

To link an image like above, you post it somewhere like photobucket. Then click on the "Direct Link" address such as:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/kela_012/HarmNew.jpg for your image.

You then come here click on the tree icon and past that link into the box that pops up.

If you do the same process...clicking on the tree icon, etc. to put it in the sig.
  18. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

amazing that is far better than i could have ever done Ke'la - total sweetness but if Sig wants the original i will send that too them with your verison as well :) thank so much sweetie!!! ((Hugs))
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm still fiddling with it, but here's my draft. I was able to use Tineye to locate the full sized original, then I got creative.

[IMG]
    Afista likes this.
  20. Cutye_Pye1123 New Member

I am totally speechless that is more than I could have ever imagined :)