Extra Advantage Bar after patch?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Idaho Iksar, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Logged onto my beastlord after today's patch, and right away noticed what looks to be a Channeler bar floating in the middle of the Default UI. This new bar contains two of the 5th & 6th Advantages that were not picked in the common Advantages bar. It is like an Overflow Advantage Bar.

[IMG]

Flipped over to Spiritual, and saw extra Advantages pop up there too. Seems to be an overflow bar per each pet choice

Another bug I noticed is when summoning or canceling a warder, the cool-down window animation briefly halts at 75% to 80% and the game seems to stop about the same time, for a second or two.
    Have validated game files and defragmented the hard drive, no change. Again, this is using the Default UI.
  2. Spakka New Member

Same problem, and i can't delete it either
  3. Akaera New Member

Same problem here.

It occurs when-ever you use a pet that is specced into any of the bottom primal aa's. Summoning, dismissing, or pet dying causes the game to freeze for 3 seconds. I don't particularly wish to have my game freeze in the middle of a raid because my pet died. Please fix asap.

The only solution atm is to spec your pets out of the bottom aa's or use another pet that doesn't have them until they fix it.
  4. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Also noticed the 5th & 6th Advantages on the overflow bar take presidence over what we already had picked out on the main Savagery bar. The Overflow bar advantages pop up for use, and the ones I had used before are still greyed out.
  5. Caith Developer

We're looking into it. Until we get a fix in, you can go into your ui settings file and change visible="true" line to visible="false", as in bold below.

I recommend making a backup of your UI file before you make any changes.

In your root EQ directory, the file is servername_charactername_eq2_uisettings

<Window Name="CustomHotkey" alignment="8" alignment_offset="-64,100" backdrop_mo_o="0" backdrop_n_o="0" frame_mo_o="0" frame_n_o="0" locked="true" size="287,52" visible="false" window_style="1">
    <Properties icon_padding="1" icon_size="42" show_graphics="true" version="1" />
    </Window>
  6. Caith Developer

That would be an entirely different issue then I expected when I typed out the previous work around, I'll add this into our report to QA.
  7. Akaera New Member

I couldn't cast my 5th slot SPIRITUAL primal because the little extra bar thing was displaying the FERAL 5th slot primal instead of what I had loaded on my bar.
  8. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Have edited it five times now. Every time I zone the XML resets, and that channeler/overflow bar is back.

9. Rarrum Active Member

I see this also today. Maybe related, but summoning a new warder new seems to freeze the game for a few seconds.
  10. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Well, not only does the game lock-up (freeze) when the Summon Warder recycles at 80%, the game also locks-up when the warder dies, upwards of 10 seconds - followed by 1 or 2 more smaller lock-ups after summoning a replacement. This really kills the DPS in a group.

On the good side, the extra Channeler/Overflow Bar does give us two more attacks with a near filled savagery bar. Can Savagery Freeze and go hog wild there.
  11. Jaelissa New Member

Im getting the same things. The bar is just an agrevation and does not cause trouble but that severe lag when the pet dies or when you cast him is really bad. It can really mess up a fight.
  12. Akaera New Member

Dying with a pet active and getting resurrected also causes the pause.

Please fix this asap. This is a crippling bug for raiding beastlords.
  13. Idaho Iksar Active Member

When Den Mother's Intervention triggers, there is also a smaller freeze/lock-up. At times Call Warder will freeze the game on a freshly cast warder.

This makes grouping in Vulak'Aerr's Dominion very hard of us beastlords. Did not see any mention of a fix in tomorrow's patch. Surely of this was a tank, healer, or mage issue there would of been a quicker fix.
  14. Azomonas Active Member

I'm experiencing the freezing issue as well with call warder, Den mother's trigger, and pet summoning/dying. It hasn't caused a crash yet, but it certainly affects game play.
  15. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

As of todays patch (7/10) rogue advantage bar for the Beastlord is still there
  16. Akaera New Member

Not fixed in today's patch. This worries me that I'll have to raid like this for weeks. None of these workaround "change this file" stuff actually works. The window always comes back.
  17. Bunji Developer

We're in the process of pushing out an updated client exe to fix this issue.
    Idaho Iksar likes this.
  18. Bunji Developer

The updated exe is now live on US servers (still pushing on international servers). Repatch to get the new exe.
    Idaho Iksar and Azomonas like this.
  19. Akaera New Member

Woot! Thank you. The bug is fixed!
  20. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Thank you for fixing that HORRID warder freeze issue.

Will miss having the extra bar though, as it gave two extra attacks. Guess no way to code that back in? /toothy grin