Expirmentation Problems

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Naychan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Soardfinn New Member

when i refine a rare i might get one after every 5 rares i try, when i experiment i can do it right the first time 70% of the time 2ed time maybe 30% 3ed,4th, 5th i usly lose it. i only ben able to make 1 thing on 5th experiment and i was lucky to sale it for 70plat, i spent 300plat on rares to make stuff and lost all of them (in rares or trying to experiment) i thought this change would make we want to craft more, and help the crafters get back in the game of making good stuff you dont have to join a raid group and hope you get some thing. insted i find my self with little heart attacks every time it gets in red. and so pissed off at the game for loss in stuff in experimenting. i want to be able to craft good stuff that can sale and see people happy. but i am getting so mad i made 1 5th experiment and lost over 55. if this keeps up i don't think i will craft any more and probably stop paying soe 30$ for my and my g/f account and try guild wars 2. up to them if they want to lose crafting people.
    ps. i dont know why it shows im a new member when i been playing for 6y
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I dunno about you but I harvest my own rare, refine it (if im lucky) and get a Visionary item out of it. Sell it for 100-200p profit. Experimentation is quite good right now a good risk vs reward.
  3. Hirofortis Active Member

Not sure what is up but I only see 7 items for my experimentation. I have taken off gear, put it in the bank, not sure why I can't experiment on it. Are there some rules on what you can and cannot experiment on?
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Yes, you can only experiment on player crafted gear this means; Handcrafted, Mastercrafted and MastercraftedFabled items. Experimentations would be too powerful if we could apply them to heroic or raid drop armors and weapons.

Experimented Armor is to bridge the gaps between solo and heroic; as well as the gap between heroic and raid. That is if there was one with CoE. Currently there are little to no gaps between the difficulty levels of the games encounters.
  5. Guiscard Active Member

Well one step to make it more useful would be to stop switching the reactives around once you set them. Experimentation causes not only the reactive on the toon with the skill to get switched around but it switchs around the reactive on ALL YOU OTHER TOONS. I consider that a bug and I hate and I think it should be fixed.
  6. Petrofrog New Member

Same here Tetrol. I click the correct skills as required, then I spam the durability skills inbetween. I try spamming the other skills too but do not have a clear indication on what they are doing because it seems random.

Also, in-between ticks, when there is no skill needed, I spam the skills to see what effect. Again I have not found any pattern just random effects. Sometimes the bars go up, sometimes down.

On the 5th tier, I never miss a beat, and I spam durability inbetween. But the item gets destroyed. You get a critical failure or two (no chance to press a skill, just WHAM and your durability bar goes down a chunk with no chance to affect it), and it is all over.

People here are commenting that tradeskill is meant to be hard. To me, this is not a case of being hard or easy. This is just a case of being random.