Expirmentation Problems

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Naychan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Naychan Member

Haveing a few issues with this ability.

1. New Items wont link. Everybody see's the original item when the click on the link.
    2. Non of my tradeskill AA assist in the crafting process of expirments.
    3. None of my gear assist in the crafting process of expirments.
    3. No potions of success or speed assist in the process of crafting.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

God I am glad to see this posted I just broke my friends Skyshrine raid-craft glove on the 5ht Expeiment because of a random critical failure coupled with the regular "not so good success" rounds where the station kinda farts out a cloud of suck and you lose durability. I like that Experimenting is hard but if missing 1 counter can make it fail the random-generated fails/critical fails should not be the make or break of a destroyed item. My friend is now out almost 1000p because of this.
  3. Skwor Active Member

Guys this is exactly how experimentation is supposed to work. EQ2traders corner even calls this out specifically that no bonuses apply to experimenting and each attempt starts with less durability of the item than the previous one, making the 5th attempt VERY risky.

Given how much you can improve gear using experimentation this is appropriate and perhaps even to easy still. I made 10 master crafted rare imbued cloth armor pieces. I used 17 banyans to get 10 pieces, that is 7 failures and I am an experienced crafter with ALL crafting bonuses available from all expansions. It took me roughly 15 hours to make all that visionary gear given the number of failures. In the end I have some pretty amazing gear for the amount of work and risk put in.

Experimentation is just fine as it is and may even need to be made a little harder or riskier.
  4. Rael Member

Is there a picture comparison anywhere for the basic item and the final level of the experimented one? Specifically a high level, high stat one like the bayan root ones mentioned. I did try it out but with a level 55 mc cloak and honestly couldn't see that the stat gain from that was worth the several failures, though I expect the gain from higher level items to be much better.

I did suck badly at doing it, memory and concentration problems meant I could never counter with the one I meant to no matter how I ordered the icons but there is a slim chance I would consider it again if I knew I could afford the loss if I failed (and if I would not get quite so annoyed :p )
  5. Raethen New Member

Here is one that used a refined companent and experimented to visionary and a stock bow.

[IMG]
  6. Lucus Well-Known Member

This isnt restricted to expermentation refined items are also affected.
  7. Rael Member

Nice, thanks for that Raethen :D
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

I will admit that failure should indeed be an aspect of Experimentations and now that I have more experience with it I am failing less. I do like that items are destroyed upon failure now I want to see the days of tradeskill conter fails actuallly killing the player. We are experimenting on items of legendary proportions failing to counter a mistake should REALLY hurt not just hit the durability.

Tradeskilling has been too easy for too long though it really is infuriating to make every counter and still lose the item. I think the Far Seas gear would help Experimentations but so far I can't find a noticeable change during an experiment weather i wear my Far Seas gear versus my normal Raiding Gear.
  9. napu Member

Can luck go against you and you still lose the item even if you are doing it the correct way?
  10. Chronus Active Member

@Napu: Technically yes though it is a statistical improbability.
    @OP: Agreed, would like them linkable however I don't think pots should affect them just so people don't make them at a prolific rate and flood the broker, the extra time discourages them.
    @People failing: Spam the 2 durability buttons (3&4 for me) and counter everything. Don't spam if you know an update is about to hit, wait until the green or blue bar moves then you're good to go. Not too hard.
  11. Sucuri Active Member

Right now my only gripe on this feture is the 1-6 skills refresh way to slow, if I just use 3 (like normal crafting) by the time the third one refreshes (and heaven forbid I need to use that one for the next tic). It just seems wonky to me the way it is now. I have no issues with all your buffs / armor / AAs being stripped, but not being able to use the counters is really annoying!

The way it is set up now I can really only reliably use 2 counters before the next round begins (if i use 3 or more they have no time to refresh fast enough). Right now I am able to barely make it to 3 experiments, a few times I have made it to 4, I have yet to get 5. I never miss an event either. Even if I only use the ones that should bring durrability back up it never seems to help much. As of now I will experiment on an item 3 times and never go beyond that because of the risk of loosing an item I just spend allmost 15 minutes crafting on!!!!

I destroy an item I have to go to my house, swich my AAs, refine a new rare (swich to if need be) and craft the item over again, then back to my experiment AAs, take the item, and spend another 15 minutes to get back to the point I was originaly at. In the time it took me to blow up an item, I could have done 5 rush orders instead ><

At low levels experimenting is pretty much a complete waste of time, awesome I just added 2 more stats to my lvl 12 gear :rolleyes: and it only took me 15 minutes to do so! Opps its an hour later and I need to make a new set for 22 with 4 whole more stats added to it with this method o_O Forget that mess I will just make the Fabled Mastercrafted stuff with a reactant and skip the whole mess of experimenting (and possible losing the item in the process).

It seems like it would be a really cool feture, and it is for the most part, but it is waaaaaaaaaaay to time consumeing!!!
    Someone ever asked me to make a full set of level 92 refined rare mastercrafted gear and then experiment on it to level 3 or 4 in bonus stats, I would need a week to do it! :eek:
  12. Naychan Member

I must have missed where they said no bonuses apply. I'm notorious for skipping lines. I agree it should be harder making overpowered items should run a risk. I've made several items to lv. 5 but have been afraid to do anything more then handcrafted.

I've setup the buttons in this order. Durability, success, progress, Durability, success, progress. I use the keypad when trade skilling. So when ever I get a reaction to hit I hit them all in that group. It's working so far but dam my durability sinks like a rock.

I might do some items and sell them but there is no way I'm doing a commission for somebody else cause the risk of destroying it is way to high. I would rather get killed at a TS table then destroy somebody's rare armor.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

@Napu that's what happened to me more than once. I made every counter yet still lost the 5th combine. Though it was on practice gear not something important the important one I lost I missed 1 counter of Innovator's Insight.
  14. Sucuri Active Member

Will say this much as well.....

Sucks to be you if you lag out (or get one of those lovely random lockups the game sometimes gets) while you experiment :mad:
  15. Skahuu New Member

I have yet to fail an experiment but when making items with inc. stats and no one can see them through links or broker window makes it a bit hard to sell items crafted from the raid apprentice when people think they are getting a normal raid apprentice item.
  16. Raethen New Member

After doing about 25 or so visionary items I found the best sucess is by countering everything with one of the durabilty buffs. I can usually end up with almost full durability at the end. That is unless RNG is really poor.

So far no failures but I have noticed that even with a critical success there is no durability or progress gain and most of the time some progress and/or durability LOSS. If there is no loss the bars stay the same. This seems bugged to me and might be why so many people have issues. It also explains why it takes so long to complete just one experiment.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Its meant to be hard, you are fighting to keep the item hence the durability spam. I just hit the durability and the % durability increase every normal counter and when the actual counters come up that need a skill I use the set of 3 it pertains to (progress or durability) I don't lose items anymore and the 5th combine is almost always at 50% by completion but takes a bit less time.
  18. Sucuri Active Member

Is that with handcrafted items? mastercrafted items (mastercrafted made with refined rares)? fabled mastercrafted items? Seems to me there is a much high chance to not loose the item the lower the quality is to begin with....
  19. Raethen New Member

I was using regular mastercrafted with refined primary, I am trying to get better at this before I experiment on a fabled mastercrafted item from the elite researcher. I'd love to see the dragonbone shield at visionary....
  20. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Must admit I am all at sea with experimatation - I have read the buff descriptions, know which ones boot durability, success and progress but can not see any difference in durabilty or progress whichever ones are used. Durabilty drops every tick, the same amount whether i spam 2 durability buff, 2 success ones or 2 progress ones. The only difference is if I miss a reaction when I lose more than a "normal" tic. Last craft I got 3 experimenters innovation or whatevers - made no difference - btw, yes I did succeed on these but felt I had NO real input - I was just along to watch.
    Guiscard likes this.