Expert Zone Spell Pages

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leedsz, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Leedsz New Member

Have I missed something here? You need 10 pages and the recipe to make the spell. There are roughly 44 different ascension spells. If that wasn't bad enough, there are Adept AND master pages. You need 10 pages to create a spell. The pages are no trade and cannot be commissioned.

Isnt it is literally impossible to make a spell? Chances are I will collect above 200 pages + before i can make my very first spell, and it is likely i will have to buy the recipe to do it. Therefore, the wastage of pages will be huge, 95% of all pages looted will go to waste.

I have done six expert zones (edit: since the patch) and gotten 2 different pages, I think one of them was from a weekly reward from a heroic though.

Did I miss something?
    DoomDrake, Mizgamer62 and Beee like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

You missed the NOTRADE Flag and the missing correct Incomplete Spellbook in the correct Adept/Master type ...

:)
    DoomDrake and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Ansom Active Member

pff, at least the spellbook is one use only (1 craft), oh.. wait.. :oops:

And.. Since most grp run with NbG leg+, the book are looted random in the grp. Should have at least the legendary flag.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah because u need also the receipes ...

there's just so much people can take
  5. Leedsz New Member

I have only seen pages drop from the quest for my main ascension though, and other people in my guild have said the same thing.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Quite possibly the worst implementation of anything, ever.
    -Soteria- and The-Plethora like this.
  7. Quigly Active Member

wait a second -- is that true? you can only craft the spell once with each recipe book? I thought you gained the ability to craft it indefinitely like other recipes once you scribed it.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

Even with it being ascension based , its around 11 diffeent spells pr ascension.. double that with x2 since both adept and master.. this means getting 10 scroll would take 220 or more experts to get the 10 ascension pages we need to craft, and not all experts even give you one of these
    This cannot be intended , change this to master and adept scrolls and not dependant on ascension stuff, then getting 10 pages would be viable.
    And Yes the incomplete scrolls are only 1 use.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

people really start to be sick of this constent grinding ...

you see it .. less and less group forming and less full raids, guilds recruiting for raids, you really see people get sick of it.
  10. Ratza Well-Known Member

The only thing missing it the fact any upgrade can be bought up to GM for something like 85 bucks per spell. Multiply that by the amount of ascension spells x's 4 plus 2 new epic spell upgrades - see where this is going?
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Eufelia Member

don't know if this is intended or not. i just got an adept scroll page for a spell that i already have the grandmaster of.
    this shouldn't be the case, keeping in mind that you need 10 to even be able to craft the spell.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

shouldn't as it's no trade

well at least the epic spells can be upgraded easily.

got 5 greater fragments, 1 lesser, 3 superior .. already have one epic ancient ... the other will come soon

after that .. no need to grind ... except for tithe :'(
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Imo a nice implementation for this could be achieved by;

• Adding recipe books to the Goblin TS merchant in Twark. Make them available for Currency.
    • Update quests that normal heroic = 1 Page (Adept).
    • Update quests that expert heroic = 2 Pages (Adept). + 1 Page (Master)
    • Weekly Quests (Heroic/Raid) = 3 Pages (Adept) + 2 Pages (Master).
    • Allow Masters (Complete Books) to Drop in raids off Nameds.
    • Allow Experts (Complete Books) to Drop in raids off Trash.
    This would go a long way towards helping solve the problem.
    Beee and DoomDrake like this.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

feels like they wanna make us grind till we get so tired we just give up and leave

a good thing would have been to not make those 10 pages needed. Why on earth are adept and master spells different from all the other ones ?

and why do they appear so late into the game ? should have been there till the begining. In expert this evening we discovered an adept receipe.

can u imagine back in the days if your class spells were implemented mid expac ? if for 6 months you were stuck in apprentice/journeyman coz they forgot to put your spells IG ?

and make pages no trade with receipes only available once ... I don't find the words. It really not good game design
  15. Scalo Active Member

currently many people think its impossible to make a single book out of those pages, but in 2 months time we'll be feeding an owen with heaps of unused pages...
  16. Phaedrix Active Member

They want your money.
    The-Plethora and Finn like this.
  17. The-Plethora Active Member

I think in a few years to come we will get the full story from the developers about the rubbish daybreak games ask them to try and implement into this game, they must be cringing at some of their meetings when they hear about the fantastic new ideas that management have come up with that they want implemented to squeeze what little goodwill remains.

What has changed since a lot of the users including myself got that in game survey? There was a question regarding if you were happy with the way daybreak are taking the game, surely unless you were a complete moron you would have clicked no.

All we have seen since is more money grabs, more unhappy players, bad mechanics and pay to win spells required to take down raid bosses. At some point you just need to say "I'm done" and play something else.
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. Phaedrix Active Member

Yes. It's entirely unsustainable, and I'm not sure which possibility is worse: the management knows this and doesn't care, or the management is stupid and doesn't get it. Then again, we don't have an insider's view of the pressure coming from Columbus Nova. Perhaps the feeling prevails at DBG, for devs and managers alike, that there is no option but to drive the franchise into the ground or lose your job.
  19. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

How much do we have to keep asking them to fix this expansion? It's soooo tired.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Where the hell fragments for upgrade GM to Ancient coming from?!?!
    I am doing like every day 3-7PQs it been most than month (I guess) since I got my epic - ZERO fragments
    Yes I got 3 lesser one from merely doing daily/weekly AS/Solo
    Never seen any fragments from heroics :(