Expert Zone Spell Pages

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leedsz, Apr 6, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Not gona happened - this will truncate revenue for DB
    Idea is
    You have carrot - you have a degreasing chance to get journeymen (fairly common nowadays) - expert (fairly uncommon) - grandmasters (very rare)
    But should been fortunate enough to get Expert of Grand Master - you WILL have to pay for Adept or/and Master (that's they whole idea - carrot and stick)
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Because idea is P2W - Period
    You can't just milk money out of the ppl - you HAVE to give something and that something is Journeymen, Expert and Grand Masters. IF you are fortunate enough to get high tier (Say Expert) - I am more than willing to bet you WILL pay for Adept - vu a la! mission accomplished - you just spent $10 that you did not planned initially. Same goes with Master - imagine on raid you got you GM spell what chance that you WILL pay for master? ($20 btw) - I'd say close 100%?
  3. semisus Does not play this game

Im really dissapointed in this , i have a incomplete master waiting that i got on the first day of experts that i waited pattiently to get the 10 pages for that was not in the game. With current system i will probably never finish this
    I refuse to pay more money for ascension stuff , i want to be able to earn stuff by playing the game not by using my credit card.
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

i have got 3 adept Aspect of the etherlord pages which is usless since you ned to be 10 ascention to get them and that is the level 5 version :)
  5. Fleurs Active Member

Unless like me, you are tired of getting everything you paid for nerfed?

Well, that wasn't really a pay to win, but a time investement, but that started by nerfing the healer reset rune, while the problem was the DPS one only, i spend multiple week doing ethereal grind to get it.

Then the ethershadow assassin, i was close to upgrade it to max when there was a -50% in all marketplace, but doing some search before spending like 60€, i found it gonna be nerfed, and it was.

Then, i spent money upgrading both epic 2.0 spell (40€), then they nerfed one of my defiler epic spell to complete uselessness.. And the pet upgrade, i've heard procs on the BL version got nerfed, i think i might not be out ouf trouble on this one.

So, why bothers spending money on my best spell, if they are getting nerfed to uselessness, like the epic spell that increase hate mod by 100%, and PROFESSION spell by 80%, but since defiler have only one "hard hitting" spell, it doesn't allow to do any rotation, just spam spell like if you did not had the buff active.
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

You do not need to be level 10 in an ascension to get a page. I do agree that the upgrade for the level 1 and level 5 potency buff should be removed from the table, because no one is going to spend any time upgrading those two spells, and you are nothing short of 2 weeks away from getting the next level version until you get to level 10 anyway.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear that you used the "pay to win" option and got nerfed. If you didn't know that those spells were going to get nerfed, you must not be a long time player of this game. If you see something doing "STUPID" amounts of damage, it will get nerfed.

Now, if your argument is that they made the spell super OP on purpose and waited for people to upgrade before nerfing it, well that's a whole different type of discussion that I can't partake in.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

fast forward -
    BL epic dumpfire been better say "tuned down" before that they been doing some ungodly amount of damage - now they seems to me a little overtuned down (judging on their place on parse) but they do contribute solid
    EA - you HAVE to admin this spells was doing some ungodly amount of damage it been "turned down" and guess what - EQ STILL doing top damage on parse (at least on my parse) - and mind you mine is just Adept (will pump it to expert today or tomorrow). Master/GM - still hitting for 11-15B damage a pop with about 24K pot under RT - with 100s fight it' solid 150M DPS ALONG with 3m15s reset (and soon be -20% as everyone getting their 4 ascending 10 charm) - you going to hit for 15B+ EVERY DAMN 150s or so - its solid 100M DPS - heck single skill do as much DPS as decent DPS class did in the end of TOT
    As for reset rune - yeah nerf bites but summer event provided everyone with this rune
  9. Leedsz New Member

Has anyone finished any spell books yet? I have not been seriously farming but I do have about 50 pages on each of my two characters I play. The most pages in one spell is 6 pages. The kicker is the two spells in question are the sub level 10 Potency spells, which are useless to me or my alts. I do have 5 of Etherlord (adept), but it looks like I will have to run about another 30-50 expert zones to make my first spell.

Note: you do only get the pages for your current ascension class. It does help to run dailies for two chances of pages per run. I find the Expert Event zones are quickest to farm and can be done with less people, but bringng a full group and doing them quickly I think is the key.