Experimental gear in Dungeon Maker is the fastest leveling ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rutaq, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Gudum Active Member

That does seem a little extreme. Now I won't feel as guilty about taking 50 minutes to run my lvl 10 through a dungeon and get 300K exp.
  2. eq2vet New Member

i just seen this post myself. from what i see and may not know for sure 1. you need the new xpak for it to work 2.you need a lvl 90 crafter 3. a 2nd account ?seems fair take the xp vet bonus away from peps who been been playing for 7 years real time even if you have weeks on end where your lucky to get on for 6 hours a week but...... leave this exploit open figures dont it. prepair your self for the next server merges im sure there going to be a few more getting a xbox and dumping this trainwreck
  3. Sucuri Active Member

You do not need the new expansoin for this to work, you just need to round up some level 20 handcrafted gear, made by your own crafter, or bought off the broker. Then just find someone who does have the expansion and have them experiment for you.

Makeing a second account isn't very hard. F2P you can get up to level 90 and wear handcrafted, make 2 different plate fighters, and all without buying any unlockers. Not sure what the rest of your post even means o_O
  4. SteelPiston Active Member

This needs to be fixed. Anything that reduces several months of play time down to several hours isn't good. Once everyone has a 95/95/320 of all character types, then what will they do? Most probably find another game and SOE don't want that. What's the point of the Devs spending loads of money and time on new content when a small undesirable portion of the game population reduces it to trash in a few days?

Since the introduction of the purchase of Krono with plat; EQ2 has been reduced to PL2. A sad state of affairs. A never ending stream of spam in 1-9 of people wanting to PL other people. The whole game atmosphere of EQ2 is being destroyed as people are no longer playing the EQ2 game and are off on different tangents hording plat and buying Krono by one method or another.

I'm not sure how to fix the mess the game has got itself into now. The only thing I can come up with is to get rid of mentoring. It's "not working as intended". The chronomage can stay, so that we can go back and do the old content. The only problem is that the SOE Whiners Club will cry a river of tears if mentoring is removed and the "Exploiters Club" will protest that it's "Working as Intended' to continue their activities until the cows come home. Oh well, sod them. SOE, pull the mentoring plug please.
  5. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I am surprised they haven't fixed this yet, the last dm exploit they had fixed it by the very next morning.
  6. Bjorne New Member

I guess the guild events tab is starting to get spammed and folks are starting to whine.

Look, PL alts can be a good thing for the game. It adds replayability. It helps to form groups when you're needing an extra class. It's also good for SOE's pocketbooks. Potions of Vitality were meant for PL characters.
  7. Mohee Active Member

oh boo hoo

PL'ing has been going on since the beginning of the game.
    Who cares if it takes the PLer 5 days... 2 days... 1 day... or a few hours? It's still a power leveled toon.
    Seriously, there's so many other things that are bugged/broken that you can legitimately whine about like broken class spells/combat arts, quests, raid mobs, ect...

How is someone powerleveling a 20th something alt of theirs to 95/320 quickly harming your gameplay? The answer is its not. This game is over 8 years old, there's other things to worry about.

Get over it already lol. Play how you want to play and don't worry about how someone else likes to play. Just be happy there's people finally using the Dungeon Maker again, even if its for a PL. As soon as this is fixed, Dungeon Maker will be a ghost town again.
    Hammdaddy likes this.
  8. Rutaq New Member

I guess it is up to SOE to prioritize things, If PL'ing quickly using DM has no impact then I guess they won't be fixings it anytime soon and it can become the new standard for leveling Alts in 4-5 hours start to finish.
  9. Erszebeth Active Member

4-5 hours? thats an awfully liesurely DM PL....I had one toon PLed through DM, primarily because I was helping someone tweak their dungeon for maximizing the PL, XP vs. survivability, etc. and even that only took 5 hours including the down time for him to tweak things. and that was 15-95/320.
  10. Caethre Active Member

((
    ^^This.

The combination of "extreme powerlevelling" and "selling loot rights" is throttling the life out of the game, because it becomes the de facto easiest route, hugely reducing the demand for players to actually "do the content" in the way it has been designed - hence there being less pickup gourps, less pickup raids, less combining together generally (outside dedicated guild communities). This is bad for the game, bad for any game. They may not be technically exploiting (because SOE tacitically accept them by knowing about them and doing absolutely nothing about them), but MMORPGs are not intended to allow maxed-out levelled/AA'd/geared characters in a few weeks ... days... even hours.

It would be for the long-term good of the game if powerlevelling and selling loot rights were both removed as across-the-board viable options. Yes, a host of folks would leave the game if they did that, but I contend it would be for the long-term good. The game would then attract those who actually want to play MMORPGs the way they are designed to be played.
    ))
  11. Vandrago Active Member

Wrong.. I don't SLR or PL for plat, but making things take forever are not what keeps a game alive. You can solo to cap, so how does it affect grouping? Most of the people playing today have been for a while, and have alts they don't want to run the same boring, broken stuff again. If it took longer to do things, more people would quit than not, that would "throttle the life out of the game."

These people are not bothering you, nor are they out pulling all contested mobs or quest mobs.You sound like one of those people who complain we don't have to run across a zone barefoot in the snow for and hour to get to the instance we want to run, if you don't like the travel bells globes, then walk, more power to ya, same with how you level, just don't tell other people how "you" think they should play, because you are wrong.
  12. Grumble69 Member

The slow pace / group oriented atmosphere of EQ1 was one of the factors that drove me away from the game. Hollering for a stupid bind to the city. Or trying to fill in a bubble on a bar. I made it through the first 3 expansions and that was it. I've been with EQ2 waaaay longer. One of the nice things with having a lot of alts is that there is always something to do.

We all know this is going to get nerfed. But I'm glad these things occasionally happen. Moderation is the key here.
  13. drychnath New Member

I wonder how many copies of AoD have been sold in the last couple weeks...
  14. Salty21db Active Member

I truly love just setting back and reading these types of topics.

The people who say that "it doesn't matter," or "taking long to level isn't part of the game," or "I have 20 bajillion alts so I want to get to cap fast" clearly have no idea what an MMO is or how it is meant to be played.

AMG ENDGAME NAO...AMG I'M BORED THIS GAME SUX!!!

You do realize that pretty much all MMOs primary content is in the leveling process? End game is a very, very small portion of the actual content in MMOs, especially the older they are. Then you wonder why the majority of these idiots complain of boredom lol.
    Belissa, Faelynn and Ladymist like this.
  15. Vandrago Active Member

I'm not sure why you think you have to try to be above other people by calling them idiots, buttercup or kids, but maybe you need to get out more, maybe you're looking for a guild because of the throne you think you sit on. This game is still going because of vets and their alts, not because people are flocking to it in droves for the long boring grinds and solo hq.

Time sinks worked in the past because online MMo's were new, there's plenty of games to choose from, and people don't want to camp mobs for a week, or get a phone call at 3am to kill a mob, it's a game, you play your way, and other people will play their way. In case you didn't know, those vets don't want to run through the same boring quest/grinds to play alts at end game, they've already played all the old content.

The leveling process is not content, it's a time sink.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Sometimes these types of threads confuse me. Some of the posters on this thread seem to forget that we now get two tokens to instantly get to 280 AAs. How is powerleveling (whichever way a gamer chooses) any different than using a token to instantly get 280 aa's or possibly in the future use a future token to get to 90 (or 95 or w/e level the token will give)?

Unless a developer actually says how the game is "intended" to be played, it comes down to each player and how they want to play their game.
    Hammdaddy and Vandrago like this.
  17. Salty21db Active Member

And the loss of time sinks in MMOs is what is slowly killing them. Point of a subscription based system is to get the people to pay and then continue to keep paying because they have things to do or accomplish. Stringing that along or keeping that carrot just out in front of them is the point. That's what time sinks are for and what they did. Travelling, leveling slowly, actual failing at crafting, etc. were all things that kept people paying and playing. All gone now though and why people are "bored" at the top.

As for me calling people names and being on a throne. I am on a throne in sorts. Am I elitest to a point I think I am better then all? No, I'm not naive. Do I think I am a better person and gamer then most, yes.

P.S. - I did find a guild actually, if you followed my posts a little harder you would have seen that, buttercup :D.
  18. Salty21db Active Member

I agree and my feeling on the whole topic of "aa plvling, etc" is that with prestige points and the massive amounts of easy ways to get AAs is that they are obsoleting them and making them trivial like every other time sink known to MMOs. Which again is sad as it is yet another step toward just making these games end quickly and no reason to keep paying for them ultimately. With lack of all other time sinks and now loss of factions grinds, access quests, or AAs to grind, what do you do once capped?
  19. Vandrago Active Member

That's your problem, you think there has to be time sinks to keep a game alive or that you have to follow a certain path. How bout devs make a game that's fun, allows you to create your own things to do, you know, like MMO's used to be, that will keep people playing, because they enjoy doing stuff they "want" to do, not what the devs or grouchy players who play too much want you to do. Themeparks are whats killing MMO's, not the players. Also, they can make new content that's not rushed out the door, as of now, alts are new content and what keeps this game going.
  20. Malachy Well-Known Member

I petitioned about the procs stacking not long after CoE was released, GM said they were working as intended and should stack. You used to have to augment the items to get to the next section to increase the various blue stats, I don't know if that is true any more. Chances are that they will do something to DM some time next week or will just disable DM if they feel an immediate need to react to the issue.

As far as this discussion devolving into the evils of PL'ing...it's steadily gotten easier over time, just like the rest of the gaming experience. Some players have stated it's the core reason Nagafen died (people hiding in guild halls/instances and only coming out with their tribe, maxed out to engage in PvP). But in PvE, I don't think it matters so much. People will do what they want and it's not going to effect you, especially if you have friends/guildmates that approach the game similarly to you that you group with.

I couldn't care less what happens with this, but I really wish they would add different procs to the mix.