EverQuest II: Rise of Kunark Annoucement

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Tamat, May 8, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tamat Guest

EverQuest II Allakhazam is proud to announce the 4th EverQuest II expansion titled "Rise of Kunark". We sat down with EverQuest II Senior Producer Scott Hartsman to talk about Kunark and all that will come with it. The interview which is available in both a 34 minute audio file or a 9 page transcription, will tell you everything you need to know about Rise of Kunark. Read a full description about Rise of Kunark over at EverQuest II Allakhazam.
  2. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

Wow, lots of good news recently!

That's a nice long interview.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
    Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
  3. ARCHIVED-Inuyasha Guest

OMFG! SWEET! lvl me wizard higher now yay! soooo happy =)

"Obviously with our last expansion we did not do a level increase, this time we will be."
  4. ARCHIVED-Stugein Guest

Epics, eh? Rock on. Hopefully it won't be as painful as the first time around. *shakes phist at Plane of Fear*
  5. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

[p]omg so siked I loved epics we did the pal,wiz,chanter,cleric ones... never did the mage so maybee I wasn't ruied from then haha[/p][p]siked siked![/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Tanarion Guest

We can play a sarnak =D woot woot!! But we gotta go to level 80 ack lol.Well bright side it will make Emerald Halls easier being 80 =P
  7. ARCHIVED-peepshow Guest

You got to be kidding me.. Don't ******* raise the lvl again, we dont need that crap.. New gear I can relate to, but another 10 lvl's pf grinding is not what we are looking for now.. When does it end ?!?!?
  8. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Tamat wrote:
    Alot of solid questions that I had been wondering myself Tamat good interview.
    Epic Weapons: Did my epic weapon quest in EQOA since I never played EQ1. It was something you felt you had to do which made it feel important. I'm wondering how comparable epic weapons will be to fabeled gear? Hopefully with the end/final quest or however you progress it will build up being "Mythical" in nature.
    Sarnak: These guys will bring alot of new questions for me since I like draconic lore. Already had discussions in the H&L section about if these guys should be in the draconic realm.
    Glad to see a great interview on the next expansion. ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Woohoo, epics! Hi tamat =p
  10. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Only three gods?!?! Aw man, they're holding out on us! :( Now, the BIG question is, will we get another character slot with the new race? ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-RFMan Guest

This is the first large chunk of good news for high-level players in a while. This will be great! It relieves my fears that the only new race we were going to get was going to be the Arasai *shudder@emofairies*.
  12. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Hopefully they would add new spells each lvl now, instead of repeating better versions of the old ones. That way all those mastered abilities stay at their best.
  13. ARCHIVED-baguetteovenfresh Guest

when when when when?!?! i wanna play it nooooow!
  14. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

peepshow wrote:
    QFE, 10 more levels, 10-15 new masters and donating all my current fabled gear to my diety...
    Would rather just keep the cap where it is and give us more raid zones that provides some new loot types and different challenges.
  15. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

RFMan wrote:
    So we now have a new neutral race as well.

What's interesting is the concept of a starter zone for neutral races, does this mean that the new city of Gorowin would be a "neutral" city which is tolerant towards all class types (i.e. is more fussed about your race than whether you are Shadowknight or Paladin)???

Something of this nature would have to happen for Sarnaks to be neutral, but not available in Qey, Free, Neri, Kele etc...

Or would neutral races starting in the new city of Gorowin only be able to choose neutral classes??

Could be an interesting twist.
  16. ARCHIVED-Greenion Guest

[p]quite an interesting read.[/p][p]/gratz on the scoop Tamat.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

I hope so too. It would make levels 71-80 more interesting. Plus they can add "bubbles" to the current AA trees that would be improvements to the new spells. Giving us more options to choose from is always a good thing, in my book.
  18. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Shadowbreath@Splitpaw wrote:
    Spells and abilities which are deadly powerful in the right circumstances, at all other times you'd be relying on your existing Masters. The trick would be to learn when to attempt to use the new spells. I'd go for that.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wilderbeast25 Guest

Honestly I wish they wouldn't raise the lvl cap. Last thing I want to do it have to get new Adept IIIs and Masters at stupid high prices and have to replace all the gear that I've been killing myself to get. Grind + Money Sink <> FUN
  20. ARCHIVED-AbyssalSoul Guest

I really think this seems a bit rushed... On Vox, which is a PVP server, a single avatar has yet to be killed. I have never played EQ1 so I am not the expert of lore, but in any fantasy book/story dragons are always, and I mean ALWAYS the most feared and respected creatures. In my mind KOS mobs shouldn't be green... how can this fit in with the lore? Once difficult mobs will be a cake walk! Maybe I'm missing some lore, but maybe KOS mobs should have been the hardest.