EverQuest II Developer "Ask Me Anything" Chat Logs Now Available

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feldon, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude Well-Known Member

I figured this was the case, but this is the first time I've seen it confirmed. From the Maj'Dul AMA:

Alway: @Devs – will we ever see BGs again – or any form of PvP
    Caith: Nimmon – There is no avoidance in talking about Fiery Blast other then answering the same question more then a half dozen times doesn’t do anything other then waste time.
    Akidou: Wrists down…. does that depend on WHERE the arms are >
    Kander: Yuka, so would we.
    Gninja: Alway – No
  2. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Props to them, they have no shame lol. Why do we have to find out this way instead of them just taking responsibility and letting everyone know before abandoning the project for bg's. There are much better games out which helps cushion the blow but it just surprises me that a company with an already struggling reputation would pull this crap.
  3. knine Well-Known Member

If the spells are that irrelevant then they should just remove them. I was just using 3 spells as an example. Thing is they just continue to combine things. Stats/spells/etc. not everyone needs quantum physics as you say, however there are still truely people in this game that still have no clue how to chain sh** together. Let's put it all on one button. I play a mystic. Let's attach my rebuffs to heals then I won't have to watch if they come off the mob or if time has expired on them. I just cast heals and boom, I get a rebuff as well. That example is over the top, but if spells are useless to you then you're probably not casting them and they won't be on your hotbar anyway. Get rid of them or players just don't use them. They combine them and mess them up and we will be dealing with "more fixes" for another month to balance out what they mess up.
    Jrox likes this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with this... But for the purposes of a "putting utility back in place, balancing healers, balancing DPS classes", I am OK with a rework. Something needs to be done to put things back together. The thought on my end was that they would not only be combining things to consolidate but changing the spells to make them more relevant and useful. But to "just combine spells" would be a mistake and a waste of energy on the devs part. I'm sure they know that.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

You mean after 12 years of using this "hurtful to the crafters" mechanic you are just now "helping" the crafters? from what my friends who have played this game since day one there were virtually no complaints about this. Why wait 12 years if the crafters this was such a problem? .Why are you making this change now$ As for invalidating many of the drops I just muted the adepts and passed to alts or sold my masters since you had the master being used to help make the grandmaster.
    Livejazz likes this.
  6. Gninja Developer

This is a better discussion to have in beta.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

If your playerbase doesn't like the idea surely it's a better idea to scrap it early and not have to worry about changing it during beta when you're already under pressure changing other things?

Oops, sorry, forgot common sense has no place here :)
    Mizgamer62, Feldon, Ruckus and 2 others like this.
  8. RadarX Community Manager

We're going to go ahead and close this up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.