EverQuest II Developer "Ask Me Anything" Chat Logs Now Available

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feldon, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

What I want to know is how are they going to do the AMA since the servers ETA to be up is Midnight tomorrow? will Maj'dul just get skipped, or will they redo the scheduling?
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

So much for Isle of Refuge's AMA tonight (was supposed to be at 6:30pm EST). Hopefully they'll reschedule it.
  3. Selidor New Member

The Maj'Dul and Isle of Refuge's AMA's have been rescheduled to May 1st at the same times.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm working then, unfortunately. It's Murphy's Law. :p

Thank you to Feldon, Errorrr etc. for transcribing this all as it goes down. Now let's hope the thread doesn't burn up in flames long before the final conversations are added.
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Personally, I am really pleased with this stuff. Looks to me like the Dev team is listening to us and making a sincere attempt to begin cleaning up all the messiness and broken stuff that has been compounding over the years and reducing the quality of the game and my enjoyment for playing it.

Re-sub'd, bought the expac, and hopped back in game.

I think we all understand the game is probably never going to be as big as it was, but this kind or response i really, really appreciated.

Well done, Dev's :)
    Leonitas, Thilka, Jrox and 1 other person like this.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

For example, swashie's have about 300 temps, most of which are marginally useful alone, but, would be great of combined. There are other classes with the same issues.
  7. knine Well-Known Member

So if they are great combined then why don't you cast them together lol.. requires pressing 3 buttons instead of one? people already don't know how to read their spells and what they do, guess giving the easy button helps..because you combine them doesn't make the player better, it makes the already good player that much more untouchable and people will continue to find other reasons in why they can't do the same things as other people of their class...
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Because it is inefficient, in particular as it relates to time and in regards to hot bar space. Parsimony > the mistaken belief that more buttons = more critical thinking and greater skill.
    Thilka likes this.
  9. Tupperbeast Active Member

I think you have some misunderstood they will not change much, exactly that is the problem before they bring a new Xpac they should first eliminate all old errors. The only thing that is mainly changed is the classes balance otherwise nothing, the Spells are not updated as normal but result in a kind of combo so the Devs have declared it will end up being a sort of Ascension and a kind pay to win.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

11. knine Well-Known Member

not saying you don't know how to chain things together, but their are people that don't know how to chain things together. IT just seems we continue to make it easier and easier.. combine this and combine that..
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

13. Jrox Well-Known Member

I guess if I press more buttons I will become a smarter player. What would be even better is if I could figure out time quantum physics and go back in time the 3 seconds it took me to cast those so I can cast three more simultaneously like I never had too cast the irrelevant ones... Really? Just cast the three irrelevant spells? Making it easy with an easy button? GTFOH, nonsense.
    I'm an Illy, pressing buttons when "efficient" doesn't bother me at all. The spells they will probably combine are not just the support spells that need it direly, but also the dmg spells we don't use anymore because the amount of dmg they do is just dumb. Spells between 101 and 110 are where it will be affected, based on what I saw in the AMA's. Meaning they also have the opportunity to make the outdated stuff more relevant, and is exactly what their intent is.

They are not going to be through another ascension class. Please show me where anything of the sort was said to that affect? They said the spells for 101-110 would be reworked, spells that had become irrelevant. Specifically they were speaking more to the support spells when the questions were asked. Stop making SH** up!
  14. Observing Active Member

Reading between the lines, this new "co-op" zone on the battlegrounds server is the last new zone until the next expansion.
  15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

As a plus, it seems all our membership restricted zones will be un-membered, and that they've apparently already began a good degree of work on the next expansion. Maybe we'll see it early this year, or maybe it will have more content -- especially since we have a cap increase this time.
  16. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Kandor did say in discord we can expect quest content in the new expac to take us to 110. Take that for what it's worth ;)
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Every year they start working on the next expansion immediately after the new expansion launches. I believe they started planning Kunark Ascending 2 months BEFORE Terrors of Thalumbra was released. I'm expecting the new expansion on November 14, 2017.
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

We can only hope.
  19. Billzbub Active Member

Feldon, are you expecting to play the new expansion?
  20. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Reasonable expectation, mine is mostly hopeful wishing because I have had money issues and plan to have them cleared up by the next expansion, not necessarily FOR the expansion, but it'd be easier to buy two expansions at once...
    Unless of course, they decide to make Mercenary Armor and Wardrobe Feature piecemeal if you don't buy KA now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.