EverQuest II 2024 Roadmap

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Twyla Well-Known Member

It's always been every two years from what I recall; expansion, update, expansion, etc. This is the first time in all the years I've played that it's been back-to-back. I haven't even started the current one yet. Well, they won't be getting money out of me again this year. There isn't time for me to save up enough for it.
    gambitak likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Nope. Mostly every year.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Expansions_and_Adventure_Packs_Overview
    SolarFaire, Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Dude free to play players now can level up to level 110 that was introduced a year ago.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Huh?
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  8. Ursalla New Member

I just came back to this game after a 5-year break, my account is over 20 years old, I thought I would give it another try. So, to get back in the swing of things I started playing on the TL server. That is because live is completely unrecognizable to me, the health we have and the damage amounts, they are ridiculous. How you justify those kinds of jumps is beyond me. This is why people want to play on a TL server, it should be obvious that live is a mess, and a lot of people don't like it.
    What would it take to upgrade the graphics engine for this game, and bring it up to something in this decade? Instead of bringing in another x-pac that just builds on the ridiculous and absurd amounts of damage and health and forced grind, take that time and upgrade the game. Implementing some real change would make this game one of the most popular games on the market. Take lessons from ESO and GW2 that work and work well. Take the things from here (EQ2) that are great, the rich lore, size of the game, class diversity, and get rid of the 200 buttons to click, so you can watch your game and not the hot bars.
    When you are at max level 95% of the game is irrelevant to you. I know you can mentor and just go slaughter lower raid zones by yourself, yeah that is a challenge (not). How hard would be it to take some lessons from other MMOs that get it right? If everything auto adjusted to your level, and you could play with everyone in your guild, and it be equally challenging for everyone no matter the zone they were in, would definitely be a great start. Everquest2 has a vast open world to play in and most of it is wasted! If you don't believe me, log in to the live server, and run through all the non-current zones. What is the population there? There is so much potential for this game and in my opinion, I feel that it is being wasted because there is not the desire or staffing to bring this up to current standards. I am sure I will hear that it would cost too much. In actuality, it is costing you not to make the change, due to potential increase of revenue and player base. I know I can't be the only person that feels this way. I came back for sense of nostalgia, but it is quickly fading. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but I had to get it off my chest.
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Ursalla, new TLE server is coming in June, maybe that will be up your alley.
  10. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Rift started off with mobs that auto-leveled as you went thru and found it made the population very unhappy so they changed it. Learn from that. Some of your other points I'm in agreement with you. But mostly, it's a different game when you hit 100 and have to do PoM signature lines, and gating is awful and not fun for a lot of people.
    Siren likes this.
  11. darkelfwizard New Member

Leveling up while being scaled makes it feel like your getting weaker as you gain levels. Nobody likes that.
    GrunEQ, Dude and Siren like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Agreed!

Level scaling is one of the things Diablo IV players dislike most about that game. If you can't beat a certain boss at level X, it's going to be even harder once you level up because they level up, too. And if you don't get the gear drops to improve your character, you'll be doing worse after you ding than you were doing before, because now you're undergeared, too.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

OMG I remember Rift. Even after they changed that, lowbie mobs would still be chasing capped, maxed players through the landscapes every time you tried to harvest or walk back to town. It reminded me of mayflies at a picnic: Sure, they may not kill you, but they'll make your life so unpleasant that you go do something else for fun. And I left Rift and have never returned, lol.
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Fun Fact, I worked on Rift (back in the Trion days) for a brief time!
    Whilhelmina, Breanna, ttobey and 2 others like this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh, they have a great class system. I always dreamed we could do that here: switch mages on one character from warlock to necromancer to illusionist etc at will, without losing any levels or gear. I suspect that would have to be built into any game from the ground up, though.
    tabou and Angeliana like this.
  16. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I loved their Calling and Souls systems for sure.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

If you want to play a game where you can change classes at will , try Final Fantasy, you can level up every class they have in that game on one character, that goes for adventuring, crafting and gathering, all you got to do is change your outfit.
    You put on your fishing outfit and now you can see the fishing spots in the water , or you feel like wood cutting and you put on that outfit.
    You never forget to put on the right outfit , because your abilities will tell you what your wearing.
    Whilhelmina, Siren and Angeliana like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol their newest class is a mage that uses illusions created with a giant paintbrush and a pallet.
    Whilhelmina, Siren and Angeliana like this.
  19. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I may have met you! <3 I was with the group that got flown in for Alpha/Beta.
  20. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I wasn't there for that sadly. It would have been very cool though!