EverQuest II 2024 Roadmap

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

am what collections ?, the ones for next year ?
    Or are you asking about the year of Dark Paw?, those can be found in Commonlands and Antonica till the end of January
    Zizinana likes this.
  2. Zizinana Active Member

Thank you!
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

So basically an entire roadmap that is based on:

1. Recurring annual events - we will be doing what we did last year, the year before and the year before that...
    2. grind more currency -- which you are currently doing, did last year and the year before..
    3. DX11 update (which essentially is only the new thing worthy of some advertisement on the slide deck)

Bravo!
    Vlkodlak likes this.
  4. Skarltar Member

I am actually excited that this game is still going. I will definitely be back for the new TLE and i am currently dipping my toe into Live again. Might get the new expansion but haven't decided yet. What i would love, is a TLE+ or something akin to what wow did with Season of Discovery
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

Not to be a kill joy but I didn't see a thing for KD. You all are missing a good opportunity to make the server more popular by increasing the level cap to at least 95 so we can hunt in EJ, and OP. Being stuck at 90 is not optimal as it locks us out of some really decent adventuring and trade skill content. The game doesn't really get that complicated until ToT.

Honestly, except for the server being easier to play, for those of us with challenges of one sort or another, there is little to recommend it. It has got to be costing money to keep the sever up so why not make it more attractive to other players?
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

UPDATE: Added Shard of Love to Feb. unlocks for Varsoon.
    Schmetterling and Siren like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Angeliana we kind of guessed after what Kaitheel said, about Varsoon getting it half way through Erollisi day, but you posting this makes it official.
    Siren and Angeliana like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

This might be the wrong place to post this, but I did not see anything about Zarrakon on the roadmap so I would like to ask if it would be possible to transfer characters to Varsoon, once Zarrakon is taken down.
    This was done before when Deathtoll was merged with Stormhold.
    All I ask for is the option to bring my toons to another TLE server.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

You know how we were hearing on Discord that revamped-from-the-ground-up Battlegrounds might be on the 2023 roadmap, then BGs never appeared, but we never heard on Discord where BGs were canceled out as an idea, either.

I wonder if the new TL is some sort of Battlegrounds TL, where you can zone out of Zarrakon and Varsoon and cross over into the BGs TL then back out again at will?

I'm not a big fan of Battlegrounds overall, but that would be a different spin on a TL for sure, and maybe then Zarrakon and Varsoon could also continue to live on....
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised that there was even talk of this. The cross server thing was a mess of bugs. The link below is one of the many issues that turned into a nightmare. I can't find it, but I remember one of the senior people basically saying it was such a mess that they would never try it again.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/stuck-in-proving-grounds-the-nexus.586613/
    SolarFaire likes this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Kander brought it up a couple of times on the PvP Discord over the course of late 2022 into 2023 or so. He said BGs would need to be reworked from the ground up, but he sounded pretty positive about the subject to be honest. He didn't mention anything about a separate TL for them; that was just my own head cannon when I heard there was a new TL coming.

Varsoon is only about a year and a half old, and Zarrakon is 9 months old! What are they doing dumping in another TL? The "rush for customer cash on opening day" over and over is getting a little ridiculous. Pretty soon, no one is going to bother anymore if they don't provide a way to carry on with the current TLs, too.

I mean, Maj'Dul and Skyfire didn't get the axe when Rivervale or Isle of Refuge or Kael Drakkel opened. Why should the TLs always get the axe when they launch another one? They should keep re-itemizing more expansions instead of shutting down every TL around DoV.
    Twyla and Dude like this.
  12. Twyla Well-Known Member

Another expansion after only a year?
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

We have an expansion every year, this is not surprising
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  14. Leibnitz Member

My guess for the new TLE is a Kael Drakkel style autolevelled up server but locked to a particular expansion which the usual TLEs never reach and Kael is underlevelled for. Race to Chains of Eternity or whatever.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

16. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Sadly, many of us are tired of the same copy and paste BS they do every year. Find new ways to waste our time grinding and farming nonstop only to have it replaced the next expansion with solo gear. Wow, that just makes me want to keep playing.
    Arclite likes this.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

On the replacing gear the next expansion. That's how this and many other MMO's have been for years. What would you suggest they do different on the gear?
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

some other MMOs have weapons that evolve
    Siren likes this.
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

That would be nice as long as they don't abandon it like they have several of their other gimmicks they tried.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the gimmicks they tried just did not work, or in some cases worked to good for the game.