Everfrost crashed yet again this time on double xp night!

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Sakuraseven, Feb 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-mryankee Guest

with servers going down like this, is there any doubt why people are leaving the game in droves? i almost didnt buy this expansion and wish i had not. so far it is quite unremarkable . that is when i can play it at all. dont get me started on the leaderboards. also the lack of shinies, no harvestables, the same rats bats etc with different names leaves me cold on this expak.
  2. ARCHIVED-Teej Trindare Guest

Since we (Blackburrow) were merged with Everfrost, the new server has been plagued with problems. We already missed one entire day of rewards from the first day of expansion when we were the only server down forever. Now we're down again on xp bonus day after they've already rolled it back once so that we had to redo everything for at least an hour or so and then it crashed again. There's quality workmanship. I think we deserve account credits for time the server was down and free transfers for all our toons to the server of our choosing since we were forced to merge to this malfunctioning server without a option to transfer off. I guarantee I will take the transfers and be really sorry to see some friends go, but it beats being frustrated by having a service be down that has already been paid for especially since it's obvious that the problems have been Everfrost specific as the TSR pointed out in his post the other day. I've been playing since the game began and can't tell Sony how really disappointing this is, especially during an expansion.
  3. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Jessikka@Blackburrow wrote:
    +10 and minimum
  4. ARCHIVED-imajabya Guest

i would support something like 5k base plus 100 per crash. works for me. or even SC plus an XP potion per crash.
  5. ARCHIVED-kingdraco1979 Guest

i woulnt mind an account and guild transfer to a CRASH-FREE server.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pesty Guest

They could always just give us a free hampster mount to ride.
  7. ARCHIVED-kingdraco1979 Guest

the hamster mount would crash if history holds true
  8. ARCHIVED-Pesty Guest

kingdraco1979 wrote:
    No, it just wouldn't move.
  9. ARCHIVED-Vindayne Guest

I think this many server crashes should unlock an achievement.
  10. ARCHIVED-BlakkMantis Guest

Kalvaine@Everfrost wrote:
    best post of the night. You win a prize!
    [IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Gad I come back from some RL things hoping to play a bit and it's DOWN AGAIN!!!
    I can't believe it.
    Why hasn't that hardware been replaced? I'm sure they have extra hardware with all the games they run.
    There's just no excuse for this crap.
  12. ARCHIVED-kingdraco1979 Guest

Ahh, just like the teck mantinence crew eh. Guys FIX THE ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 4 days is EXCESSIVE. To beat it all i contacted a rep yesterday and they had the gull to tell me I do not deserve compensation due to the folly of SOE, hmmm.. wonder why I'm irate!!!!!!!!. I want a 10 level guild status boost item and ands exp pot as payment for this STUPID folley SOE made by pushing an expac that WAS NOT READY through, just so they could milk 1.5 mil off us!!!!!!!!!, its only fair since the server might as well been down for 4 days due to downtime BUGS ( SOE DENIES EXPAC FAULT). SOE Why should iu make sure and pack the vasoline on my toon when i log in because youyr bugs, This is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

Jessikka@Blackburrow wrote:
    kan i has sum staton kach pweez lyk shee sayed four?
  14. ARCHIVED-Weveran Guest

Wasting too much time reading this forum apparently. The spelling seems to be getting worse and worse. Must be my eyes, yes that's it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

BTW i know this sounds crazy but i was only a few moments away from turning in all of the entire games collection quests right before the server crashed. So help me if all those completeed quests arnt still in my journal!
  16. ARCHIVED-Tezeric Guest

--SOE--
    1. First day of expansion wiped because this server was jacked up til the weeee hours of the morning (est)
    2. 2nd night--log in issues with characters mising at first. Laggy and buggy most of night but tolerable.
    3. 3rd night. 1 good crash---no real lag...server crashed just after midnight.
    4. 4th night --servers down when i tried to log in....90 minutes later i finally got in....server ok.
    5. Tonight.....servers down once again.
    This is only at night...i sure the days and early morning weren't perfect just based on the fact the evening hours have SUCKED!!

I am not one to complain because I understand the inherent issues that come with expansions and gaming in general and in my opinion the DEVS work hard masking this a fun game to play however....
    THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS!!!!!!
    I have been on several servers in my 6 years playing here and this is by far the worst one when it comes to lag, crashes while zoning, and general game play issues. I have been playing with a bug now for 2 years with no viable solution and that irritating enough....this last week is pissing me off.
    I don't want to here excuses......just git er dun puleez!! Turn this from a crapastic server to one of the best....
    And you really should do something for people on this server having to deal with these issues for a week straight now.
    I feel better now!
    Phrogg
  17. ARCHIVED-Weveran Guest

You know there is a 2 level exp cap per turn in? The idea is to have them in inventory and complete them all a little at a time. Not sure how this affects AA exp, or if there is even a cap on that. I tried the trick on a level 1 and was greatly dissapointed.
  18. ARCHIVED-BetaTester Guest

Kalvaine@Everfrost wrote:
    thanks for the laugh
  19. ARCHIVED-Esbat_Unseelie Guest

I understand that problems happen and you all do your best to fix them. Thank you for that.
    What really brings me down is that I was available to play yesterday evening and tonight, and I was looking forward to really digging into the expansion. As with many of your customers, I have to balance work and familial responsibilities with my online gaming. I really won't be able to sit down an immerse myself into the expansion until next week at this point in time. In a nutshell, I've not only missed my window to play, but I'm also going ot miss out on the remediation for this in the form of the bonus xp.
    The best course of action would be a credit to the monthly fee we pay to you. If nothing else, it will show that SOE, as a company, takes customer service seriously and appreciates that we pay for the service you provide. Even a $5.00 credit towards next month's subscription would be a fine gesture of good faith and an acknowledgement that you kind of dropped the ball on the first weekend of a major release.
    However, I also realize that that mught be unfeasable since it deals with real money and the subscription model. Instead, you might do this: For the affected servers, you should provide one bonus XP weekend once the servers are found to be stable. In addition, a $10 infusion of Station cash for those with accounts on the affected servers could lessen the sting of the outages.
    Just an idea.
  20. ARCHIVED-Tyine Guest

The server list is finally reflecting that fact that they are in process up updating all 3 servers now. Does this mean that we still have an hour to wait till they are back up?

I do understand the woes that go along with the xpac and such. However this is rediculously excessive. I do agree that some sort of compensation is in order. I just am not sure what it should be.