Error Downloading Beta "Full Download"

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Freddie_Mercury, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Freddie_Mercury Member

2. CronosOfAvery New Member

Freddie_Mercury likes this.
  3. CronosOfAvery New Member

How are we the only people experiencing this it's straight up saying host not found on the patch server?
  4. CronosOfAvery New Member

Copy and Paste your PAKS and MUSIC folder from LIVE directly into your BETA folder, then re open the launcher and it should let you finish the beta install. Worked for me!
    Lucid and Freddie_Mercury like this.
  5. Nuada Active Member

this bug exist since 8+ years but not on all systems i have it with my 2600k but with the 9900k not.
    but i have no idea why...

I know people who did not join TLE-PVP because they could not download it, this time sure the same ...
  6. Freddie_Mercury Member

interesting... I don't have LIVE because I haven't played since TLE.. and deleted it all... maybe I'll download LIVE first and then try this, thanks
  7. Freddie_Mercury Member

I am talking with customer support about it now, well.. since before I posted this last night, and they just now got back to me... He had to make sure my 100 mb/s internet speed wasn't the culprit... so now that thats out of the way, i am waiting for their take on the issue.

I waited until this morning to try again and still No Joy... I am trying the LIVE download now to see if I can copy and paste
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

From Kander on Discord:

9. Freddie_Mercury Member

does that mean nobody else can download it? or just an issue with the current downloaded beta files? I can't download it at all... much less get to any server screen to get an error starting up
  10. Lucid New Member

The copy and paste method worked for me. Music and PAKS from live to betaserver folder.
  11. Freddie_Mercury Member

Ok thanks all... I have not only been able to download the full Live files without error, but I copied and pasted both the folders and it continued without error (until i actually played and the beta isnt working, lol... but we all know why that is)...

I have also notified customer support about this so hopefully they will be able to figure out what is wrong with the beta download and fix it
  12. Littlefawn New Member

Question please, as a veteran player I cannot find the beta download from the eq2 site or sign in launcher. Help please?
  13. Spectre Active Member

Look at version on the left bottom of launcher.. click it and choose beta
    Littlefawn likes this.
  14. Olly New Member

Copying the folders to the betaserver method worked for me as well. Thanks to Cronos
  15. Lyricaly New Member

I downloaded it without any hiccups but my issue now is character create screen says there are no beta servers available.
  16. willow Member

same here.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Did you change your region from US/EU to Beta?
    Littlefawn likes this.
  18. drewkon New Member

will pvp beta be available today?
  19. Littlefawn New Member

quick question; when downloading beta from the launcher does it Have to be the Full version? Can I play it without checking the box for FULL VERSION? We hotspot tether our internet; limited data each month. currently play live stream, Thank you
  20. Freddie_Mercury Member

Not sure how it works in Beta... but you should be able to just download as you load each map / zone etc...
    Littlefawn likes this.