Error Downloading Beta "Full Download"

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Freddie_Mercury, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you had the full version of the live server you can copy paste it into beta to save the download and then just have a small beta patch to play.

However, I do not think that works for the steaming version.
  2. Littlefawn New Member

doesn't work gets to the create character then says no servers are available, even though beta updated through the launcher
  3. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

no servers cause beta is locked its been worked on
  4. Reapin New Member

When I attempt to update on the "Beta" version my update stops midway through and I get the error "The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.". Has anyone had a similar problem or is there any proposed solution? (Note that I have downloaded my game through steam if that has anything to do with it.)

Many Thanks
  5. Reapin New Member

To give more detail for those more tech savy. Here is the prompt shown to me on the "Updated File list"
    "Checking game installation...
    Found 1,788 file(s) to update.
    Creating BetaServer/PAKS/NrVObm.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying BetaServer/PAKS/NrVObm.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying BetaServer/PAKS/NrVObm.vpk
    *Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes."
  6. Lyricaly New Member

Yes I did
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Lyricaly New Member

Doesn't look like it. Fail.
  8. drewkon New Member

read above, there is a way to copy over music and PAKS to fix i believe
  9. Reapin New Member

are you replying to me?
  10. drewkon New Member

yes. did you try that already?
  11. Reapin New Member

I did and it lets me complete the update (progress) and I get the green "Play" button however upon clicking it it briefly shows "the game is already running" and (the patcher) eventually quits without the game ever fully launching.
  12. Reapin New Member

Sorry my language may be confusing. I just tried that fix to solve my initial problem. But my last message highlights a new problem arising that while I may now update/patch the game for the beta, the game won't actually start up when I click "Play".

The game will launch when I launch the Live game though.
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You all know there was/is an issue with the beta patch, and the devs are still working on it, which may be why you can't get in yet? See here.
    Breanna likes this.