Erollisi Day Races

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Aabari, Feb 7, 2013.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Argh! I just realized the rose is a choice from the love lines quest. Sorry about the confusion.

One problem I have noted with the Commonlands is that if it rains, it can slow things down till you feel like you really are riding through mud. Also, very long stretches between the current festival race items, and not as many spawning in the main area around the race start.
  2. Pengefinchess New Member

I not made 100+ either. 92 my best and strangly enuf i found CL had the highest (seemingly) concentration of hearts, esp round the graveyard area .While i dont want it trivialising, 100 atm seems really difficult. Does mount speed make a difference? im too low to boost speed thru aa or Dizok riding whip :(
  3. Caela Well-Known Member

I appear to be the only one doing them in Antonica on my server right now, and I still can't get above 66. And that was the first time through. The second time through they were so sparse I only got 50.

Very frustrating.
    Absyntheea likes this.
  4. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Yah know, *once upon a time*, the hearts race was different. You got the quest and then head off to parts unknown in Antonica until the race started and harvest from anywhere. (the best places being the same places harvest nodes were pentiful) ...unlike the rest of the races that cluster all in one area.
    The spawns are still all over it seems, but you have to start at the front. I keep getting tempted to wander far hoping I might come across a field of them, but it never works out ;)
  5. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I have tried over 20 times on different toons, in both Antonica and Commonlands, and I cant even reach 80, I think maximum I got was 76 ? I dont know how others do it really can someone tell me the trick :) I really wanted to collect some of those lovely hedges with red roses, and this is making me soo sad :(
  6. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

This is terrible.

I want the topiaries, and I even managed to get two, but at this point I have lost all enthusiasm for doing these races. Antonica was atrocious, at least in the Commonlands I have a chance to get in the 70 range. But the spawns are too slow, the "fake" ones that don't update are frustrating as heck, and unless you get lucky and no one else is racing you don't have a chance at getting enough to score the items that people are really after.
    Then I find out there is an achievement at 100? No way is that happening.
  7. Eradani Well-Known Member

i noticed this on live too - they didn't do this on test, just the one in the wall and i think i could get that one.

just a note that i turned off ground mounts on live and did much better.
  8. Mystfit Well-Known Member

It's good to spend some time seeing wehre they are likley to spawn the best....for example Q I do better in front (obviously) in fields nearby..on path from NQ gate to SQ gate. In CL, the area around TUrmoil Cemetary is usually good.
    Problem is it's best to find times when no one else is there and I'm sure that's hard on some servers.
  9. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I am old and slow with bad eyes, which is why I had to retire from raiding, now it's starting to look like I have to retire from events too:(
    Absyntheea likes this.
  10. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

/rant
    So I actually get a nice bunch of hearts at the start, and then have to go far to find more, as the smaller groups in Antonica are VERY far between. Even so, I get to 78. 20 secs to go. And NO heart reachable but one in those entire 20 secs, so I miss 80 points by one lousy heart!
    /end rant

Honestly, this has to be fixed real soon. It was reported on test, and not considered to be a problem. Well guess what? The situation with the race is making many many players very frustrated and unhappy. Festivals are for enjoying. And the races used to be fun. They are not fun anymore. :(
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Try around the newbie cemetery in CL.. you may have to range a bit wider when waiting for respawns. I just got 113 my first run there.

Disclaimer: if someone else has recently been to the cemetery try clearing out hearts elsewhere before making a cemetery run.

Despite getting this achievement finally.. I *still* think that the achievement amount should be set at 90.
  12. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Maybe when noone else is doing the race and noone else done it for awhile so all the hearts can repop it is possible to get 100+ but even if one other person is there, its getting harder to even reach the 80, not even talking about when a bunch of people there doing the races :( Every time im there at least 1 other person is there collecting hearts, i tried the cemetary in CL but on the way there, there is a very large area where no hearts pops at all, or at least when i was there there wasnt :( Im still trying at least now i got a few rose topiarys but nowhere near 100 :(
  13. Eveningsong New Member

The biggest issue I see is that there are races starting every 30 seconds, so while we are waiting to start, other people are still running around collecting. While I like that I don't have to sit around and wait several minutes until I can start racing, it's really annoying to be sitting there with my timer counting down and plotting my strategy, only to have someone zip by and collect all the hearts in the area right before I see GO GO GO. If a race isn't going to start with a fresh field of spawns, they need to respawn a LOT faster.

Also, I totally agree with other comments about the distance between areas of spawns. In the old version, I used to run up towards the Oracle Tower before the race started because there were some good spawn areas. There are still spawns up there as well as places like Archer Woods, but the huge expanses of empty field between areas makes it futile to try to head to those areas to avoid other players. You just can't make up the number of spawns you missed while getting there.

I still prefer this race to all the other versions, but adding connecting spawns between areas and upping spawns a bit would go a long way to making this much more fun for players. Especially with there being so many rewards that people actually want, the achievement aside.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the blue POI area on the map is totally wrong -- it's showing the reduced area of the other races, not the full region of spawns for the Erollisi race. This may be part of the problem some folks are having if they are under the impression that they have to stay within the blue area...
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Sigh, just looked at tomorrow's patch notes, only the spawns in clumping areas are being fixed. :(

By the time anything is done to fix these races, the festival will be almost over. Ah well, so much for a nice hedge maze on my island...
  15. Kisy Active Member

Are people actually seeing hearts in Commonlands? I still cannot get them to spawn / see them on the ground in Commonlands... I run around aimlessly, and randomly get a few hearts, so I know they are "there". I have no problem at all seeing them in Antonica. I've tried on numerious toons, and numerous times... Nadda!
  16. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I have noticed this myself, especially for a short time after the race starts. I see no hearts, but sometimes hear that I went over some. Still encountering hearts in both areas that do not count when I ride over them.
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

They're taking longer to appear in CL post-patch. Not sure what's up with it. I ended up just sitting around for a couple of minutes after picking up the quest just to let the hearts all appear. They also seem more spread out in CL now, making it worse.
  18. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Greeeeeeat. :-/
    Kisy likes this.
  19. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Ok.. went and tried it. OMG, I can't believe it's actually worse.. but it totally is.. :eek:
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I am not happy to hear that. May I ask... how is it worse? Are they taking even longer to be seen, taking longer to respawn or spawning in even more out of reach areas? Are you experiencing the same issue in both Commonlands and Antonica?

~Kaitheel