Erollisi Day Races

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Aabari, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Aabari Active Member

What gives..? I ran it several times on test server and easily got a high enough score for the top prize now when it goes live i cant break 80 even when im the only one in the zone running it. Even with the graphics turned down I still cant seem to break the low to mid 80 mark. Ran it several times and am starting to get frustrated with it Ive been running those kinds of races for years and never had this much problem with getting a good enough score for the top prizes.
    Gneaux likes this.
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

There was a good amount of feedback on this on the test forum. But it seemed to fall on deaf ears. Kaitheel is a very nice person, and is usually very good about fixing problems like this, but he did not see it as a problem this time. :(

In other festival races, I have a lot of trouble getting to 100 if there is anyone else doing it, and in the Commonlands rarely reach that score even when no one else is doing it. This year, I expect to not be able to reach it at all, which is a shame. I was looking forward to making a pretty rose hedge maze on my island, Sigh...
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to crack 100 yet, but I've gotten 92-93 3 out of the 5 times. THat's enough for the roses hedge as I think you can get that down into the 80's. the acheievement may prove aa challenge though.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Ah, I had heard the rose hedge took a 100 score. What is the lowest score to be able to get the hedge piece?
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

80 or more is enormous and that's what it needs. Also, note the icon looks like a rose and is near the bottom of the list so look for it!
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I can tell the respawn rates are longer than what they were in other event races. If there's anyone else doing it at the same time.. heh.. 66 is highest I've got but there was always 1 or 2 others running around at the same time.
  7. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

yeah, i raced about 7-8 times tile my hand are tired from wiggling moves, and averaged 65 roses at atoninca until i tried commonlands 5-6 times, did little better, had 80 and 88 were my best score, but i noticed a bug.
    when the countdown were done, i couldnt move, it seem locked until 5 seconds late when it said "GO GO GO"!
    please check that, i should be able to move and run as soon it hit 0.

yeah, spawning seem slower than winterfest and NotD races.
    i was about to give up, having average 65-70 per race seem unrealisic and my fingers are sore.
  8. Froggen New Member

Ran several times. I can't even crack 80. And there were several I ran through the middle of and it didn't count them...I think the achievement of 100 is too high or they need more hearts spawns. Not gonna mess with the race again...too frustrating.
    Rael likes this.
  9. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed as well, that too often running through some of the hearts did not count them. And last night I did Antonica for a while when it was busy, but often when another player had just finished and no one was running the race right then. Pretty depressing to start a race and see only 6 hearts on the whole main area where all the rats are. Also, the distance between hearts even where they have had a chance to respawn is often way too far, especially when you move away from the main area. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds to reach the next small group of hearts. And also especially in the Commonlands even in that main area where most of the races are done.

After trying for hours, I finally resigned myself to accepting a score high enough for 3-4 tokens each time, as I really have no interest in the flowers. Only had been wishing I could get some hedge pieces.
    Absyntheea likes this.
  10. VeilShard Active Member

This quest has been frustrating me too, and I really want the rose hedges for a project. I managed to get 4 but I had to do the quest into the wee hours of the morning and If there was anyone else getting ready to do the race also I knew I would only be getting the coins. There simply isn't enough hearts spawning when you have competition. And also they only spawn clustered enough to get 80+ around the beginning area so if you venture out at all you're lucky to get 50. So everyone will be in the same area
    They need to make either so the hearts spawn faster or they are more abundant in the rest of the zone so if there is competition you could just run in a different direction. Or even add another minute onto the same
  11. Mystfit Well-Known Member

There's this one spot on the Q side near hte scoreboard...there's got be wuite hte pile there..too bad they don't seem to be harvestable
    Finora likes this.
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Make sure to get a /loc of that and post it here as well as bug report it. There was a couple of spots like that last year as well.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

After seeing the issue of unreachable Essences, I suspect that this may be the culprit as to why some of you are having a hard time obtaining the top reward tier, while others are not. I have submitted a fix for the issue to QA, but I am uncertain when it will be on live servers. Hopefully, it will make it into a hot fix game update this next week!

~Kaitheel
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, it's also the spawn rate. If it was just that most hearts were spawning in those clump points, then we would not see almost empty areas shortly after another player ran through and collected. PLEASE, increase the spawn rates by at least twice the current rate? Decorators will be most happy if we all can actually have a chance at getting some of those hedge pieces.

BTW, the place where the hearts clump in the commonlands is by the wall on Mooshga's side.
    Absyntheea likes this.
  15. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

About the best I have been able to do is 78, and that's only been once or twice. I'm hoping I can do better if I do it early morning or something. Right now, competition is very heavy. I really can't see how anyone can do this easily. I think I've run about 10 races or so, getting around 60-75 hearts each time.
  16. Savaritus New Member

Guess I've had some pretty good luck, probably average around 85, have had 101 and 102. Was on the leaderboard with 102 for a while...but got pushed off of it. I have a couple different paths that I follow that lead me through areas where the hearts seem to group up more which is pretty effective.

That run of 101 could have easily been 110, but I got stuck on something with about 15 seconds left...with about a dozen hearts that were reachable :(.
  17. Rael Member

I am getting seriously hacked off with these races. I know the achievement is do-able, I managed it on 1 toon, 1 out of 9. When I did mange it there was another person racing, I just got exceptionally lucky with being where the masses of hearts spawned together.

The main problems for me are the spawn rate and the running directly through them and not getting an update (though strangely the multi colored ones still sometimes give me the speed buff without the update so it knows I hit them. Quite a few times I have had 96+ and I know it didn't update some so I should have had enough for the achievement. Also a few times someone followed behind me and I missed every single one I went through until they veered off, they were enough behind me to know they didn't hit them before I did.

At least you are giving me an excuse to go do something productive with my week off, I know that if I log in I am just going to keep on frustrating myself trying to do this on all my toons.
    Cyliena likes this.
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I still stand by my opinion of 90-95 being more reasonable for the achievement. Or 80... what the enormous prize is at.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  19. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

It should be 90 for the achievement, 80 for the evil glowing rose and that aura offhand thing, 70 for the hedge piece at the most. and the cloak should be 60.
    I really am not into flowers and flowers in vases, so mostly I have been having to expect being lucky to get 4 tokens at best. (It is odd BTW, that 40 gets you three tokens, and 60 still gets you three tokens.)

Seriously, why are ALL the neat things 80 score? The cloak from Frostfell certainly wasn't that high in requirement.
  20. Rael Member

Which is the evil glowing rose? I think I kept skipping right to the bottom and picked the new hedge thing each time, or tokens when I got bored of those. I'm hoping this is something I just didn't see and maybe a new thing for me to collect :)

I'm curious as to why the commonlands one is always the worst to try and do these on, may just be me I don't know, each time there is an event I always try to do anything needing a decent score on the antonica one. Even this time I have been running the commonlands one a lot because no-one is there but I regularly get 70ish, yet in antonica even with 2-3 others running it I'm getting 80+