EQII Extended - Feedback and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

Arcturys wrote:
    Which is VERY scary.
  2. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

The link only brought me to the live forums. I chose THIS place since it dealt with eq2x. Or at least the name suggested that it did.
    Let me copy and paste the entire reply for you :
    Hi Morgie,

Unfortunately, the limit is ten mirrors total for the scroll that teaches the two recipes, not ten of each type. Since you've created ten total mirrors, the recipes were removed from your book. I'm not sure why the Nights of the Dead recipes are different from the other holiday recipes. It was a decision made by the development team when the events were designed. If you'd like to see changes made to this functionality, I would recommend posting on our forums at the following link: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/forums/list.m. Our Dev Team maintains an active forum presence and are constantly reviewing feedback that's posed on the forums. This would be the best way to have your thoughts heard, as it also allows other players who may have also been effected by the same issue to chime in as well. If many people feel the same way on an issue, our Dev Team may be willing to take it under consideration.

I wish you the best of luck in Norrath!

Safe Travels,

GM Kaerytha the Troublemaker
    Mischievous Halfling Extraordinaire
    EverQuest II
    Sony Online Entertainment

Sorry, I didn't post in the most appropriate place.
  3. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

Morgania434 wrote:
    I still think this GM has made a terrible mistake directing you here at all for a number of reasons.
    First is that you even lucky to be able to post here, most players on extended who might have asked that question and been given that response would have found they were locked from posting due to an Apartheid system SOE has in place for the forums.
    This GM and all GMs must be made aware of the artificial limits SJ has put in place and refuses to lift, they must not direct EQ2X players to the live forums as a solution until the Apartheid has been lifted.
    But it seems they forget about those forums, it's endemic from the GMs right up to the developers. A disservice to the customers, the GMs reinforcing the impression of just not knowing what is going on.
  4. ARCHIVED-IceStormx Guest

I just made a character on EQ2X and I must say I am appalled by the way Everquest II Extended is asking me to repurchase almost every single class and race in game that I already unlocked when I bought & purchased the original Everquest II game years ago and then later on the original Collectors edition of Everquest II
  5. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

IceStormx wrote:
    Subscribe like most of us on the server and this won't be a concern.
    The cost is only US$199 per year if you are an American.
  6. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

Thats because according to SOE "it's a different game" .....

Funny how the live boards have moderators on, but on extended there aren't any, with all the MASSIVE PREVENTABLE problems from gu61, I would think some paid overtime would have been in order.

Good bye Gold account ($15.98 USper month) hello bronze (free) oh yeah, bronze accounts are broke too, only 1 character slot instead of 2!! wow, just freakin wow
  7. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

I like EQ2x, but the subscription models need to be extended too!
    I want a PURE 12-month subscription plan like on the LIVE server for $130-$140, without any SC or access to the last expansion.
    Also, please put the veteran rewards into EQ2x . I dont see any reason why EQ2x players are second class citizens!
    A "collect character-transfer" from Live to EQ2x for all existing chars would be great too, because nobody with 6+ chars is willing to pay 160$+ just to move over.
  8. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

One has to remember, anything and everything dealing with EQ2X means the payment plans are not like the EQ2 version; hence all subscription plans are not identical.
    EQ2x is all about paying for everything a person wants for their character be it a race, profession, bags, bank slots, dungeons, weapons, and yes, even veteran goodies. Some people would pay for certain veteran goodies and not others and some wouldn't even bother.
    Pay as you go - that is what EQ2x is all about. I don't see how EQ2x players are second class - just playing on a different level.
  9. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Very well said Alvane.
    EQ2x is based on the 'free to play' model like some other games out there ( Lord of the Rings Online comes to mind ). That does not make the players there second class at all. That just means that the people that choose to play on that server using that model would rather pay for features and items on an individual basis.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

I am sorry, but both of you guys are totally wrong.
    F2P does NOT mean people want to pay and unlock peace by peace. F2P is more than that. It offers the OPTION to unlock things, but it should at the same time offer a subscription plan (and they all do so).
    The main point of F2P is to draw people who are more likely to try something that is advertised as "free" instead of a 14 day trial.
    I want to play on EQ2x, simply because is is so nicely populated in low-mid level areas while playing on Live feels like playing a single-player game (actually worse). But wanting to play there does not mean I will do so when I have to pay $80 more for a yearly subscription that includes lots of things I neither want nor need.
    So until SOE get their act together I gonna play Lotro, and maybe GW2 next year, and they wont see any money from me until I can sub EQ2x for the same money as Live (or slightly more) plus get veteran rewards.
  11. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

EQ2X does offer subscription plans for monthly (Gold) and yearly (Platinum) subscriptions. They are not the same as Live, but they are there and adapted to the F2P market. As far as I know, EQ2 is the only MMO that has two different games based upon the same underlying program.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

you could say they are "adapted". Lets "adapt" Live subscriptions to cost 200$ and include the expansion and SC. guess you wont like that one bit...
    The only people who LOVE the silly PLATINUM offer are players on LIVE server, cause they know that this ridiculous deal is the only way new players may still start playing on the dead LIVE servers when they see the yearly sub on LIVE costs $120 - 80 bucks less than on EQ2X.
    I started playing on Live because of that, but I regretted it and after 6 months didnt even bother to log into LIVE anymore, it's a rotting corpse where only Endgame raiders are still having fun, unlike EQ2x.
    Good for them that they're having fun, may they as long as they can. Anyway, SOE wont see any of my money until EQ2X subscription costs about $120 too. I dont want an expansion or SC included in that deal.
    Veteran Rewards of course as well for EQ2x. Many on EQ2x are veterans, I played in EQ2 Beta 2004, and EQ1 in 99. I bought EQ2 TSO retail boxed as can be verified from my account data.
  13. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Zam subcription matrix
    One year subscription cost for:
    Live Extended
    Base Cost $120 $200
    Less: SC 5 60
    Plus: Xpac 40 0
    Net cost $155 $140

Character Slots
    7 10

Sure looks to me like EX2X gets the better deal.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    It is a bad deal for me, because:
    * the Xpac is not bought, but rented, and after 1 year when Platinum ends you loose access.
    * I want to have the choice WHEN I buy an Xpac (may not need it during 1st year, but I would buy AoD for mercs!)
    * I want to choose between Collectors/Standard Edition
    * I dont want any SC to be included in my yearly subscription
    * the included 6000SC are handed out in 12 doses á 500 (even though you have to pay for them right away), which means you have to buy additional SC if you want to unlock features right away.
    So, some people may like the PREMIUM deal, but I guess you can understand why I would never take it,
    and until SOE offers a clean yearly sub on EQ2X, they wont see any money from me.
    I played on Live, but it is too deserted for my taste, so I would switch to EQ2x with pleasure, cause the game is nice, but until I can see a decent subscription there I will wait out and play something else.

PS. I would wanna hear the outcry, when SOE stopped their current LIVE 12-month subscription deal and only gave you the option of a PLATINUM like sub. Also, it seems to me, that only LIVE players defend the EQ2X subscription, could it be that you really want EQ2X to fail, cause you see it as a threat to your LIVE server?
  15. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

Respect to SOE for doing the right thing for EQ2!
  16. ARCHIVED-Miznit Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    There, fixed it for ya.

Enjoy your hollow victory while the game crashes down around you. Even when facts are presented to you, and you quote them, you sing loud praises to those that brought this game to the gallows. I salute you, but will not respect you. I represent more accounts (yes, plural) that are leaving this game, ne'er to return.
    Ta-ta.
  17. ARCHIVED-gourdon Guest

Miznit wrote:
    They will lose some subscribers, no doubt. However, the potential to win back old players and new players by having an unlimited free trial will far offset the loss. You should really check Freeport or your own server post FTP. The new players won't disrupt your play, unless having lower level areas actually occupied somehow disrupts your play.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

19. ARCHIVED-agentsix Guest

Miznit wrote:
    I know your profile pic is an ogre, but if you've already canceled your sub, why are you still around? If its so awful that you canceled 2 subs and 2 pre-orders what are you doing?
    Trolling?
  20. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

they are hoping that the 1,000% increase in players that happened for DCOU will happen here. If they get even 5% of those folks to go gold then that will overshadow all the rage quits by many dollars. Of course, they could go the way of Netflix. We shall see. I would hang around just to see what happens :)