EQ2 Video Tours Requests (Houses, Guild Halls, Dungeons)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

"I almost said defecate." :p

This was a totally new entry to the project, as was The Hogwarts Express. My next one on deck however, is most likely going to be a rebuild. (Stay tuned! haha)

You didn't miss anything, the outer part of the fortress that you're seeing is the "lower part" of the prison, covered with building blocks. And yes I "redid" the mess hall area. I got to thinking I don't think Azkaban would let their prisoners out of their cells for anything, even meals. Plus it was highly amusing to me to imagine a dementor cooking said meals. :D That being said, 10 points to Gryffindor for the House Elf reference and logic. ;)

Thanks for another wonderful tour. I really enjoy how much fun you have with these, and find your delight delightful. :)
    Glad you enjoyed your tour! <3
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

This reminds me of when people try to correct a couple of my alts names (specifically Schitzophrenia (my illy) and Shennanigans (my brigand.)
    Yes I'm aware they're misspelled. But someone used that name back in 2005 and hasn't played since so I had to get creative. Jeez. :rolleyes:
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah, I could probably check and see if I still needed that Alternate Spelling any more, but a) name changes cost DBC, and b) it.....makes it look like I did that as a deliberate word choice! :D

Yeah, that was it... :D

Uwk
    my story and I'm stickin' to it...thanks, Luna's dad! :D
    Lunarosa and Spextasy like this.
  4. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Updated list :D

Water, Lava and BOOM-to-be Decorated by Spiritmaker AKA Uwkete
    Build-a-Bot Workshop Decorated by Shanette
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

I enjoyed touring this house very much :D Thank you for letting me tour <3

6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...thanks for Liking it, but it might be awhile before folks can get in to Public Test to visit... :(

And I really should've thought out the Lava room better; the Gnomes were supposed to lay out a straight "safe" path through the lava, in a straight line, but it angled badly throughout most of it, so they're being scolded. I should make that more obvious (maybe have an Actor inside the Ro figure, to give him more lines in the conversation? nah, it's in Yav's hands now :D). :-/

But, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D I think you're the first person who figured out right off the bat that those Gold Bars in the kitchen were actually supposed to be butter sticks! :D

And as for the blank books, Notes, etc., I usually have something like that in every house I do for someone, even if it's "just" Notes or Cards (both of which can actually hold as much info as the thickest looking Notebook...go figure), but leave it blank as gifts for the home owner. :)

They're perfectly free, of course, to move the "T.P." about once they've written on it... X-D

Uwk
    Lunarosa likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, btw, just had a chance to visit one of your homes, Luna, the one you did for the 2020 Museum event? :) I was massively impressed! :D Did you do all that book placement (and Wall item placement where you convinced those things to lie flat; how?! :D) by hand, or using a layout editor? :)

EDIT: Ah! Currently looking at your Little Town of Dreadful Encounters (Part 1, I think) and I'm deeply envious of that cord you have leading from the TV in the "Poltergeist House"! Where is that from? :D

Also, I hear you don't use any layout editor?? :eek:

Uwk
  8. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Yup, by hand. I used a teleport to sneak up into the ceiling to get the books up there and down the wall. :D

The cord is from A Foggifier De-Foggififer 5000. Part of the Foggifier sticks out the front of the TV and acts as the TV's power button. If you "turn off the TV" it turns off the fog in the room :)

Numbers make my brain hurt lol so no, I don't use the layout editor. It always drove Vas nuts that I wouldn't use it but I like doing it by hand :)

Uwk[/quote]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  9. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

I love this game so much. We are given so many things to work with and I enjoy seeing all the creative ways people use those items in their art work. I do consider what we do here as art work. It's just that we use EQ2 as our art medium <3

As far as my feelings towards the layout editor, I love it! I love the things people can do with the layout editor and the creativity that can come out of using it. To me, the LE is like using a computer/tablet to paint a picture and doing it by hand is like using paints. Both methods take a certain amount of skill and both methods yield beautiful art work. And both methods are a valid means to create something wonderful <3

Alright, I'm done gushing about my love for this art form :D he he he
  10. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I pretty much feel the same way. I've had numerous people try to teach me (and some who even tried to pressure me into using...) the LE, and I've tried multiple times to use it, but it's just not for me.
    I've never quite been able to articulate why I find decorating by hand so satisfying or personally gratifying, but I think you summed it up quite nicely. :D
    Lunarosa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

A well done place. Well done !
    Lunarosa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think folks who might be intimidated by JesDyr's layout editor (the gods know I am!) would be very happy with Sennen's. Basically, if you can do the Notepad Method and keep everything straight there (a challenge, sometimes! ;->), then using Sennen's will be a snap. :)

Uwk
    Lunarosa likes this.
  13. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Absolutely agreed! And I keep on finding new things to check out too, even after all these years! Last Christmas I spent the night at this place, and it was one of the most comfy experiences ever:

Christmas atmosphere

The only thing that bugs me a bit is that by adding so many "custom" things the framerate can take a huge dip, especially when recording, so it would be nice to see this improved one of these days now that we're tweaking performance on all fronts with 64-bit and DX11 etc. Other than that, anyone wanna meet up for a hot cup of chocolate in this premium hotel? It's one of the best places to spend your night during the Christmas holidays :D Imagine if these places were accessible through the open world, like Vanguard: Saga of Heroes or Everquest Next or Star Wars Galaxies was doing. "Seemlessly" loading into player buildings like that was just so good, way ahead of its time for sure.