EQ2 sunset?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Euredia, Mar 23, 2021.

1. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I've never had any issues with camping to another Character on the same account.
    AOE1 and Soara2 like this.
  2. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Camping to another character on the same account always worked for me. They did add a bug in the last update. If you use the /camp command it will display the countdown text all in one shot. First time I thought camp was broken but after waiting the 20 seconds it worked. It seems to be some type of timer and display problem. I bugged it but I'm sure it low priority.
    AOE1 likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Same here, since the last server merge actually. I don't get it every time but at least 2-3 times a day. There is actually a bug thread going on this right now. It's been confirmed but that was months ago it hasn't been fixed yet. And yes it is extremely annoying!!!!!!!
    Geroblue and Soara2 like this.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, me neither, though evidently there is a bug at play. I guess I've just lucked out with it.
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

Anyone saying this game is not in trouble is delusional. I have been playing this game since 2006 and I have never seen so many quit the game and the remainer of players only login to do overseers and raid or go collect some old shineys they missed in previous expansions and I have never seen such a dead pug scene. Its been bad for years but now its almost entirely gone. Even as a raid geared tank it can take hours upon hours getting anything going, even if you start the group on your own.

And honest to god, the 5 people that keep saying the game is fine and you only solo, who actually cares? This is a MMORPG and group content is a part of it and its left dangling on life support in the corner.
    Bhayar and Tkia like this.
  6. SynnikuL Active Member

/camp othercharname works about 1 out of 5 times for me. and that's been going on about a year now. makes admin/broker chores quite a pain
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Pessimism is having a bad attitude without reason to substantiate your observations or opinions. What many of us are pointing out are facts related to game play and actual enjoyment of doing something. Yes, there have been countless doomsayers years past. That said, where is this game today compared to where it was years ago? Subscribers are down considerably and even raid groups are finding it difficult to fill raids with qualified players. And yet, we continue to see flawed decision making and more often, flawed implementation impacting basic game mechanics. Pessimism isn't going to kill this game, but bad decision making and implementation will, Put another way, when you stop serving your customers, pretty soon you'll be serving no one.
    Tkia likes this.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am not responding to anyone in particular.

If there are concerns about the game people should:

-Use the bug forums
    -Direct message the developers or community manager
    -Use Discord

Game populations are going down as we approach summer and vaccines are widely distributed. After 1 year of lockdown, people will be catching up on life.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

1. Bug forums are for technical issues that require Q&A testing and dev/coder fixes, not general concerns and whining/
    2. I'm sure the devs have much better things to do than wade through boxes of whining PMs all day.
    3. And as many have repeatedely said, to hell with yet another 3rd party system for game communication.
    4. Under that reasoning why didn't populations rise substantially at the height of lockdown when nobody had anywhere else to go?

And if all the above did happen what would be left on the forums? Aren't they dead enough as it is? Or are you just trying to reserve them for the 'ain't game life grand?' apologists? 'Cos I'm sorry to say it ain't you know.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Feedback should be constructive and specific; targeted and addressed at the channel it is best suited for.

By all accounts, the population did rise on EQ2 in 2020. But so did every other game in the industry.

The forums are quiet on other, more critical fan sites.

All 50 states now offer the vaccine to anyone over the age of 18. People are preparing for the spring and summer. I suspect many people are planning vacations, engaging in RL social activity, improving their homes (to sell), preparing for retirement, etc.

You may disagree. That's fine.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Welcome back Benito!!
    Here to get yet another thread locked and deleted?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

This game, EQ2 , was set up for people to solo, group, raid, xp or tradeskill. It was originally so you could play however you wanted to play and enjoy it. Things have changed and NOT for the good. EQ1 was more group intensive
    Breanna likes this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

People have been using the summer excuse for years. The fact remains that the game has had a slow leak of players for years now and nothing is happening that's going to reverse this trend.
  14. Ixian Active Member

Summer: "Everyone's outside enjoying summer"
    Autumn: "Everyone's busy back in school"
    Winter: "Everyone's enjoying the holidays"
    etc...
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

2020 was a lost year for many people.

I’m merely suggesting the pendulum is swinging from lockdown (high gaming populations) to RL catch up (lower gaming populations) in 2021. There’s also the economic and social effect of COVID such as soaring real estate prices.

I’m already witnessing lower populations on EQ1 and there’s nothing controversial about game design there. I won’t say game design on EQ2 doesn’t play a role but correlation is not causation.

Edit: Some gaming companies knew this deleveraging or rubber band effect would happen. They avoided largesse (hiring, expanded development) but saw an opportunity for more revenue (i.e. Fortnite’s collaborations and aggressive shop offers).