EQ2 PVP is Dead, play Archeage PVP, its very much alive.

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Ecugia88, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Ecugia88 Active Member

Do as the title says. Its VERYalive. i currently play it now and quit eq2 because it so much better.
    Doooo EEEEET
  2. Deadlyfocus Active Member

Man we love eq2 and trying to have more players to play here, and I hope good changes will come.
  3. Intercession Member

4. Ecugia88 Active Member

I'm well aware of the bots and hackers, i've come across the bots with names like "hsfksf" and the like. I'm not really a crafter type after boring myself to death leveling 3 95 crafters on EQ2 and finding out that some of the crafted gear in Archeage isnt worth the time. Which is fine with me, I'm enjoying all of the questing and non crafter/farming crap. I actually have not had any problems with bots or hackers so far. I've just been doing my thing questing and killing mobs and having a good time. The Justice system i see in chat...ehhh, reminds me of American justice system...messed up. The PVP in AA though, i have seen screen shots of there being at least 3+ raids of players in 1 zone. Well its all open world, no zones, except dungeons and such.
    My account is still F2P and hear that the bots keep taking up land, so no much use in wasting money on it anyway lol. The game was made in Korea, so its understandable that it would be a terrible game to some, good game to others. Now i took a look at that link, scrolled down to read the comments and saw this gem,
    "..- Graphics are horrible. I dont know if ive been spoiled by Guild Wars 2, but this game to me looks like complete ****, specially considering it just came out and it runs on cryengine."
    The graphics are not horrible. The graphics are a lot better than EQ2s for sure. I've played both games in their highest quality, its just my opinion i like Archeage's more. They'd have to have a REALLY terrible computer to say they are bad.
    Good or bad reviews, bots or hackers, all games have them, even in EQ2, just nobody finds them because they are usually in their own home craft botting. I honestly was just getting tired of there being nobody on when i had time to play. And i wasnt going to waste the money to change servers when everybody knew they needed merging and SOE just ignores the people. The PVP in EQ2 is gone (i dont count BGs as real pvp), i really hope the remaining pvpers find a new game to pvp in, otherwise they are just wasting their time on EQ2's.
  5. Luanne Active Member

I could not play archeage because it doesn't even have an option to invert the mouse! Who makes a game and doesn't put in an invert mouse option, seriously.
    Lethlian likes this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Played for the betas and the launch. Its just..."yawn". Not that EQ's pvp is any better these days.

But once upon a time.....
    Lethlian likes this.
  7. Xray Active Member

I am waiting for the expansion, the new zones looked very nice.
  8. Lethlian Active Member

Sad but true.

EQ2 population based on Feldon's recent estimates only has roughly 50k accounts, compared to WOW which still has 2 to 3 million (lol) and Archage which is estimated at 1 million.

This game is so dead, it isn't even funny.
  9. Trasor Active Member

I think a lot of us are in the same boat unfortunately, I definitely like the move towards no gear separation, now the problem resides in the fact that the population is so low on Nagafen, what are the necessary incentives to get a non-pvp server onto Nagafen? As of now, there aren't many, and if there were, what would cause you to leave your friends+family?

Those are the issues we face, and for that reason it honestly takes a little bit of playing their game a bit like we used to...questing, doing daily PVE missions, raiding, etc. We need to do and encourage both, because we have seen how few actually chose just PvP and for that reason we can't stay just PvP. Hopefully we can backpack off the cross-server dungeons and make Nagafen a cross-server option for added PVE incentives....like housing stuff, mounts, abilities, procs, a duck mount....whatever it may be, there needs to be a genuine incentive. Right now, there just isn't, getting there, but not quite.
  10. Pawder Active Member

You are at the end of a long list of players over the past several years that wanted good changes. They are now gone. After years of trying to convince the Devs to do something, it is so clear that they are going to do nothing at all to help Naggy. The OP is correct, move on. Check back and see that nothing has changed and move on again. I played for 10 years and hated the thought of not pvping on Naggy, but it is truly gone, dead, a mere shadow of what it once was. I complained, wrote emails, stood on the virtual soapbox to get them to see the light. Look where we are, empty, just the way they want it. PvE is not so bad but even the whole game doesn't have 100k players. Really, find a game and come back and tell everyone what you think about it. Good luck
    Fetish likes this.
  11. Fetish Well-Known Member

Archeage is missing so much of what EQ2 has...it is small and limited in scope to what EQ2 is. But i has what EQ2 lost, due to "that one guy at SOE" ruining everything, it has open world PvP. Open world PvP for reasons...open world PvP that affects the entire server. Maybe it isn't as great as EQ2 PvP used to be, before BGs and "that one guy at SOE" ruined it, but it is ridiculously fun, and has more PvP right now that EQ2 will ever have again as long as BGs are going to be propped up as "what the new PvP player wants!". See you guys there...and if anyone finds games with non-BG PvP...send word here. There are still old red server players lurking...hoping.
  12. Vlahkmaak Active Member

I would agree with Fetish on this - Archeage has been a fun aside with elements of what EQ2 is currently missing but, it is also missing a lot of what EQ2 pvp was as well: I know, I know - I am still chasing the holy grail when it comes to MMO video games. While there is a ton of open world PvP (massive amounts) the PvP is lacking real unit cohesion and is a button smashing AOE fest. One need not feel out classed though because switching roles is easier than ever in this game. While this might ruin immersion for some it allows everyone to compete as one of the few FOTM classes with no real need to belly ache - ok, so my defensive spec'd aggro magnet Dawncaller might not make the best pvp class but, it is great in dungeons and overland content and I can just switch between set ups as needed. Also, lasso taunt is fun in pvp when backed by heals and burst dps.

Things that are pretty fun/neat:
    -The story line is not half bad - this is the first time I have actually really enjoyed open world questing in a very long time, since maybe Kunark era. However, the missing "constant" open world threat that existed in EQ2 pvp is missing due to how Archeage handles this with their rotating combat zones. It is interesting but not quite the same.
    - Mounts are interesting, whether it is mounted, glider, or nautical - these mounts add an interesting element to the game.
    - The graphics are right about where I need them to be - better than EQ2, somewhat "realistic" without the excessive system demands people not a fan of this style bemoan but, certainly not the overly stylized Disney/Pixar "trash" like EQ Next is aiming for. This is more of an "old school" feel and it is comfortable and immersive where the other style is not. Yes it is a personal choice.
    - The world market and harvesting is interesting although as a subscriber I can blow through the 5k points in no time at all - since I like to harvest that particular part of the game I find penalizing for no real reason.
    - Castle/Siege building/ownership is interesting.
    - Illegal gardens rock until some **** finds it and destroy it but planting in the open world and sculpting landscapes with orchards and harvestable is fun (if people would only pick the fruits/items instead of uprooting them/destroying them) but this is part of the game (hence I blow through my 5k points super fast).
    - Yes, I could own properly but why when I can just plant/harvest for free overland for prettyy much everything I need.
    - Large scale faction wars but to be honest the three faction EQ2 pvp was still better. There is however a lot of large scale faction pvp going on.

Things that are not fun/neat:
    - There is just something fundamentally wrong with a game that does not feature Trolls as a main player race.
    - Exceptionally limited dungeon selection: Large scale open world dungeons would improve this game immensely. If Archeage added this one feature that would improve the game tremendously.
    - Bard tree could be more "bardy" - especially their version of selos - it is just too slow imo.
    - More of a need for the "trinity" aspect - as it is I can temp up/stone skin and with a bunch of DPS 1-3 tanks can bounce agro and open world raid mobs die fast (only have taken a few atm but for a pick up raid I was not overly impressed with the mob mechanics).
    - Healer mechanics seem to get the short end of the stick but, I could be wrong here - have not played a pure healer yet nor seen many lfg.
    - DPS pretty much rules all (but like mentioned above everyone gets an "I win button" and can switch into a FOTM powerhouse).
    - Lacking aa/depth but, to be fair - it is a new release. Will have to see where they take classes after an expansion or 2.

At the end of the day I still play more WoT but, Archeage can fun whether solo'd/duo/trio'd with old guildies/friends. There are groups to join at all times. there is a large community although much of the vocal community are inbred illiterate trolls (and not very good ones either which is disappointing). If you have the time/inclination to build yourself a community Archeage could be a very interesting open world faction based pvp system to pass the time until the next great is actually (if ever) built.
  13. Slant Well-Known Member

Archeage is has a severe lack of endgame content. Currently 2 max level instances GHA and KC (Both of which can be trioed without a healer) and trading make up the end game. I personally play MMOs to PVP but already you are seeing whining and players leaving because of the lack of end game PVE. Combine that with the bots, the Hasla weapons, and the lack of action thus far on Trion/XL Games part to address these problems. I would not be surprised to see the player base drop drastically.

-Edit: They released the new ten man yesterday, I have not ran it yet (busy at work) but considering how baby town frolicks the other instances are I'm not going to hold my breath that it will require any real effort to progress through it.
  14. Exur Well-Known Member

Missing the whole point if you're playing for PvE reasons. If Trion decided to focus on generating more PvE to attempt to cling onto that player base, they would without question lose both. All instance based PvE should be halted! The only PvE they should be developing is more contested mobs, rifts, etc. in the available zone. I'm also apposed to any more content.... leave it relatively small. It's great that AA tries to funnel PvP of all levels thru all zones. Nothing kills a MMO more then adding content that takes away from old/original zones... making them irrelevant.
  15. Schnooky Member

I honestly think the single best move for pvp in this game is for SOE to create a pvp leaderboard or a way to get the battlegrounds battle data pages linked into a site like eq2u.
    Then create more battlegrounds and an achievement system that provide some simple but unique pvp rewwards.
    Bgs arent going anywhere due to their simplicity and the low time immediate play factor that they provide.
    Id like to see SOE add PVE resource harvest nodes to all of the bgs including the Tunaria war zone.
    Make these harvest nodes give a small chance at a double rare or shard, but make them tough to havest, like maybe you take way more damage when you are in the act of a lengthy harvest.
    Give us risk/reward to be there.
  16. Trasor Active Member

I still don't understand how this thread is still here since Sunday lol. But I will say this, the fact that a lot of the problems at level 50 are that there are just a few zones and whatever are not real problems at all. When you hit max level and you wear decent gear, the only thing you should be doing is PvP.

I have just tried out the game and I say that there are definitely some EQ2 elements in there, the only reason why I am still giving it a chance.
  17. Exur Well-Known Member

We're between month end PvP forum glances. It will go *poof* someday, and then you can reset your PvP forum "glance" timer.
  18. Slant Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Power creep is inevitable of a game like archeage. And I agree with you about contested content. But If you play then you know the contested content is crap. Only one is really worth pulling and with the way engagements work its just a throw more boats at it fight. And though I am not personally apposed to the system they have in place, and dont care to PVE anymore than required to gear for PVP, there are far to many who want to play for PVE purposes for it to be ignored.

Whether you like it, agree with it or not. It is a fact that people are whining about it and its a fact that people are leaving because of it. I would hardly come into this thread to moan about PVE. Its the impact it makes on the PVP that I worry about. We all know what happens when the balance between the two is broken.
  19. Exur Well-Known Member

I'll agree.. I just want that game's system to work more then it actually is.
  20. Balbasur Active Member

It's dead bc the Hardcore max level pvper's some how killed lower tier pvp and PVE raiding for advancement in PVP. You reap what you sow.