Eq2 maps

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Renew, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Renew Member

does anyone know why is not working or show up on your map
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because custom UIs are currently disabled. EQ2maps is a custom UI
    Xille, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Renew Member

are they planing on turning it back on
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Probably, eventually...
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yes, they will turn it back on after a week or so, or will announce if further testing is needed as they search for sources of lag.
  7. EQ_Jack Active Member

aha.!! this was driving me crazy. so addons are disabled. thanks!
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

Addon? Well, I guess you can call that. EQ2Maps is a custom UI piece that is very widely used amongst EQ2 players, even if they otherwise use the default UI. Because *all* custom UI pieces are disabled during this phase of the testing process, EQ2Maps is disabled. Hopefully this phase will be over in only a week, but I wouldn't be very surprised if it isn't.

I know I will be glad when custom UIs return, because I dislike the default red color scheme, fat borders (invisible borders and end caps on hotkey bars), and what is to me an in-your-face DBC presence.
    Finora, Rosyposy and Soara2 like this.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

You can, but you probably shouldn't. They have disabled all custom UI parts so they can do some necessary testing, and hacking the UI to make a custom UI work when it shouldn't means that they are getting corrupted data, and that may lengthen the testing phase. As much as I do dislike the default UI, I want this phase of the testing over with as soon as possible. As such, I suggest that the devs implement a method that forces an UI check everytime, even if the launchpad is not used...at least until this testing phase is complete.
    Cyrrena, Quillyne, Dude and 5 others like this.
  10. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I second this. Please don't drag things out longer than a week for the rest of us. It's not worth it.