UPDATE: Custom UI Timeline

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 15, 2019.

1. echoing Member

well lag is worse for me, things dont render, spells take few secs to go off, and then game just crashed for no reason, wasnt zoning, just nothing kicked to character select... if 3rd party ui where the problem it would have lag like this would have existed long ago, lets go ahead and revert the patch back and not waste time, look into the cb and pot calculation from prestige tree that is going off for how many characters, lets look into the number the server cant handle like bagpipes draining because the hits are so big, my favorite is the troub power feed outside bagpipes has for the whole expansion only fed 1 power per cast on every ability, there has to be somethign you guys put in the code and didnt test that is causing the problem, wouldnt come from something that is 10+ years old and magically appear now
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Oof... I forgot being able to see chat while you're zoning is part of a custom UI
    Hiza, Breanna, Feldon and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

[BUG] Error loading daily Objectives.

A group of five others and I have just entertained the various beasties in Thresinet's Den [Heroic] and the Daily Objectives still show same error as it did prior to entering zone.

so.
    Apart from superfluous potions, there are those of us who would ask "What of the Loyalty Point Tokens that are seemingly lost during this "test"?"
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

You guys better completely fix whatever the issue is with lag that you are enforcing this curfew for. I seriously can't function w/o my custom UI...Not because the custom UI is that good its just the default is that bad...

Scratch the above. Congratulations you have found another way to put someone off. I can't play like this. To add insult to injury, any chance of us not being able to play like this will also mean we don't get the research reducer cheese..
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I to cannot see Daily Tasks. Neither on my main screen, and on the Daily Quest window, they are blank.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

7. Prox Well-Known Member

So what you are all saying is ,I am screwed when I log in later tonight !! :eek:
    Hiza, Cyrrena, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This likely unrelated to the patch, there is an intermittent issue with some services which might effect things like Panda flagging and daily objectives.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

darn I feel sorry for you guys at DB so many problems , and so many people complaining
  10. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Who made the problems though? DBG. Who have been telling DBG about network issues for almost a decade now? The "complainers". The fact that they think its UIs after a decade is just baffling and should raise eye brows.

The fact that other stuff is now broken shouldnt surprise anyone with the way the keep piling different system on top of each other constantly instead of fixing and tweaking current systems.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I did not mean it as an insult to any player , so don't go up the wall .
    Cyrrena, parissa, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  12. Louly Well-Known Member

I am quite gratified that when I logged in I had no issues with the regular UI. I can't find the night vision so I'm guessing it's only on a custom UI. Still it's workable for now :)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

On Merc window. The third line where it shows how much time is left before another charge, it is blank to.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can sorta fake it by adjusting your Gamma setting in Options. But yeah, Profit and some other custom UIs are where you get the Night Vision. You may be able to increase the number of your personal torches in Options also.
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When I logged in around 4 pm PDT, I had the daily objectives so that was fixed.

I agree Schmet.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have tried several accounts on Maj'Dul and Skyfire servers. The third Merc line showing how long I have to go before the character is charged another Merc fee is blank on all of them.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Can we have our UI back already? The game is unplayable without it. The lags are still here and the zoning is still slow.

Speaking frankly, standart UI is not so bad, but it misses lot of conviniences people get used to over the years. Like your own character in the group window, I was shocked to found out it's no the case on the standart UI. And collours, gods, the collour theme is awful: a lot of red, yellow, green in different shades. I'm sorry guys, but I'm on the break till we get our UIs back.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah I'm having a tough time doing stuff solo because for the life of me nothing I do will bring back my characters health on screen. It seems like they disabled every UI based command because nothing I do that used to work, command, reset window, mess with config files directly, does anything to bring it back. So now I just kinda guess unless I'm in a group.
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you tried F10 to see if it's hidden?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

Yep. I've also reset my ui to default and it didn't show up. Believe me, I know and have tried every form of troubleshooting an end user can, and I know how to fix it, they just disabled the fix.
    Cyrrena likes this.