Epic Quest Thread

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-SmCaudata Guest

Kunark instance gear is plenty nice to actually take this guy down. You don't NEED raiders. The thing is that most players that are really good also raid. You NEED 6 players that know how to play their class well and have some of the best level 80 gear you can get. I am a raider and so I had raider guildmates, but we only just got VP flagged so most of our gear is EoF and/or Kunark instance loot anyway. The people I brought with have probably taken the fewest raid items so far due to having EoF raid gear and working hard in instances to get the stuff they want.

The first time we fought him my tank got chain feared/stifled and I ended up tanking him for like 15 seconds, so he doesn't hit that hard. You do need a tank that can take blows while healers recover though.

Here is a general what I did.
    I brought a mezzer and assassin to help me, the tank and 2 healers (warden and inquisitor). The assassin got the uber illusionary arm for massive single target damage. I used my advanced warning when I saw the first set of adds activate. The assassin used her AoE immunity after mine expired, and we burned the named down while the illusionist kept the adds under control.

Some more details on playing classes to their full abilities:
    I also used enfeebling and fetter in case any adds broke loose and to keep the name under control. The assassin did the same since she didn't have turgur on her. The healers had to use self cures and our inquisitor used his single target AoE immunity on the warden. We all piled in the corner of the ship and we never got close to death. I was taunted by the bird for a few seconds, but I just turned off my attack until I could switch back to the named so the illusionist could mez him again.

So, yeah, the fight is hard and a bit hectic, but if you bring 5 good players with you who have all their AAs and know how to use all their abilities, you can do this fight without raid gear. There were 3 groups trying to get the disco on my server. One was the top raid guild, another was a Tier 3 flagged raid guild, and the 3rd was some people who did pick up raids, but were mostly in instance gear. The 3rd group got the disco due to proper group setup.

So stop whining and find some people who know how to play their class and go kill Jones.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zaviur Guest

Delusions@Mistmoore wrote:
    I'll vote for having it dumb'd down.