Epic pet still broken after update

Discussion in 'Mages' started by kiota, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

MOTD says next patch..patience grasshoppah
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

We have a huge aggro problem!
    AA Position deaggro does not work. Every deaggro of the Planeswalker seems useless.
  3. Aniko Member

Next patch promised today... or not?
    Waiting for another week? o_O
  4. Arieva Well-Known Member

Did some more testing today with AA's that I haven't spec'd in a while. Testing was done with Grandmaster Planeswalker.

Since this pet seems to have an autoattack that actually does some damage I specifically tested a couple of aa abilities that should effect said autoattack favorably. Pet Weapon Mastery in the Shadows tree. Upon speccing this ability which should increase melee damage of scout pets by 20% I noticed the autoattack damage from the planeswalker actually got decimated. went from 28% of pets parse to 1% just by adding that AA. Completely broken at this point
  5. Veta Well-Known Member

The epic pets receive all portions of AAs. Your pet would get 32%, not 20%.
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

Ah good to know.
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

wow. I can not wait to get my pet back today!
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

After testing, the pet weapon mastery AA gives the pet the effects of all the archtypes (cb, parry, spell damage), but it does not give the melee increase portion. I'd like to think the Friday patch was a quick fix and on Tuesday the AA will be functioning completely.
  9. Aniko Member

Epic Pet is no longer a threat to the mobs. All his aggro is now added to its owner. All skills at de-aggro pet is useless. The necromancer now generates x2 hate. It should be corrected
  10. Mistral New Member

On a side note, I always believed conjuror were masters of elemental beings.
    So can someone explain to me why conjuror Epic pet is not an impressive elemental !?
    I am sure there must be a reason, I just cannot see it. Hopefully, there is petamorph...
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

I had wondered why I couldn't get the pet threat meter to come up..I thought it was a UI glitch...
  12. Arieva Well-Known Member

I also am scratching my head at the appearance of the pet but yes you can change it back to one of your previous scout pet appearances if you desire. First thing I did.
  13. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

the new pet also has its own alternate appearance.

For example the reaper default for necro is the snake monster warrior like those from the temple in phantom sea. But, it also has a 'reaper' appearance that looks like a grim reaper.
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

I think the original idea was scrapped. If necromancers go to the nightshade and go to the reaper appearance, it is actually an appearance similar to the grimreaper mage pet appearance for necromancers. It would have been sweet if they used that setup and made it dual wield the old scythe from ToFS rare mob spawn.
  15. Aniko Member

Minion's Pact (AA > Necromancer) and Noxious Debilitation (AA > Shadows) NOT improves noxious debuff Necromantic Pact (Exposed Noxious) for Reaper
    Please fix this bug
  16. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Swarms recieved a flogging last update they are back to doing the amount of damage when they were nerfed into the ground my pets damage alone is now the bulk of my parse /sigh so tired of this stuff I would advise you to stay Necro as Conj gets hit hard by the change. I don't get I am not over cap on my stats so why would the break up be so low on the parse with a dummy compared to prior the latest patch ?.
  17. Arieva Well-Known Member

I do find it amusing that they continued to bump our swarms down while continuing to completely miss this fact that pets were ignoring stat caps. Oh well they can't catch everything.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

Mechanic is actual really crazy...

Ascendion granit protector makes more than 40kkk dps
    Mudslide 3kkk
    Elemental Amalgation 15kkk

Who cares about 0,3kkk of conj swarmpets or any other non ascendion spell :)
  19. Conifur Well-Known Member

Ok, just got my epic and have a question on the pet. It is its own stand alone pet right? Why does it say it increases scout pet potency by 5% and mage pet recast by 5% and damage absorption by 10%? It seems like it is an augment to the pet you have cast. Thank you.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

Epic pet gets all 3 buffs of planeshift (excluding hate and optical changes)
    The pet can not be used as tankpet because it transferes 100% of the DPS-aggro to yourself, it has no own aggro and aggro buffs/debuffs on the pet itself (including from AA) are without functionallity (not worthless - just without aggro) :)

btw the 10 CB is not very usefull.. it's not overcap