Epic pet still broken after update

Discussion in 'Mages' started by kiota, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Billzbub Active Member

Aggro is more of an issue for trash mobs because the tank isn't going to be using his best abilities for hate control on every trash pull. If you are pulling hate on trash, then just back off a little bit. When it comes time to fight the named, then the tank should be using every trick he has to keep aggro and to snap it when he loses it. That's when DPS classes should be able to go all out. It works even better when the DPS and the tank coordinate a bit so that the tank's best abilities are available and can be used when the DPS classes go nutzo. On a boss with a DPS check, I usually let my DPS know that I'm going to pull with a crit mit debuffing ascension spell, turn the mob, and immediately lock him down so they can unload as soon as the boss is turned. My initial threat lock abilities will get me through all of the DPS's crazy nukes, and then I can easily hold aggro while all their stuff recharges. Then I have a few rescues if things go wrong until my big stuff is back up.

So, I agree that DPS should be able to go all out on bosses, but I also agree that hate management is everyone's job just because the tank and DPS have to communicate.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

For sure. It's ridiculous when I see daggers and spells flying through the air immediately on a trash pull. Let the dude get settled! No one cares about your zonewide parse, and things will certainly go more smoothly and even die faster if the gathered mobs are paying attention to the correct person.
  3. Billzbub Active Member

It is equally frustrating when a tank body-pulls, and the trash mobs run by the tank and kill the healer. That is one of my pet peeves. If you are going to body pull, make sure you get off a taunt before the targets reach the group. You can't just run into a room to gather up all the trash without hitting them with something and blame the group for not holding off. Luckily, this doesn't happen too often and is the exception rather than the rule. LOL, how'd we get talking about this on a broken epic pet thread.
  4. Zelox Active Member

I remember when people used to care about zone wide parses. Rip eq2
  5. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I have 1 positional on a long timer how many different ways are there....... LoL ima go sit in the corner I am sure the raid leader will love it.
  6. Lithinor Member

i guess elemental tox, 24 positional decrease, tinker deaggro, fd if necro , and ultimately watching your own aggro are pretty meaningless to you too than, have fun sitting in the corner
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Zelox Active Member

wtb a dislike button for this site
  8. Luhai Active Member

There is one. It's that fancy little "x" button in the upper right corner. ;)
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

you forgot troub av and agro is an issue with summoners no denying it I am shooting straight to the top over and over atm in raids.
  10. Morphius Member

I guess the original subject to this post has been completely lost.

Again, as I said before, If a Tank is properly geared, he will hold agro.

You cannot expect a Tank with Legendary/Playermade gear to hold agro against a dps who has Epic 2.0 gear and is pushing the 27k potency mark. You also cannot expect a tank to hold agro against anyone who has no common sense.
    On trash pulls, target through the Tank. There is a good chance that the mob he is Targeted on is going stay with him.
    If there are 50 mobs being fought and you pop off an AoE, you deserve to die and have everyone laugh at you.

Using common sense, our guild leader/tank has no problem holding agro, now that he is properly geared.

As for our new Pet (Ability) he does just fine the way he is. I am very pleased to be at the top of the parse most of the time.
  11. Greene Active Member

Any plans to fix the TLE epic 1.0? The pet has a decimal place in the wrong spot or something, it does a LOT less damage than even an adept fire pet lol. And dies easier.
  12. Anaranj Member

I can assure you, in my case, that Elemental Toxicity has no relevance to eliminate aggro in expert zones. The only viable deaggro is Arcane Bewilderment.

The aggro of the dps in these areas is terrible. And I'm playing with tanks that have their epic x2 and lots of experience. With the add that pops with the first named of Temple, for example, it is almost impossible for the tank to remove the aggro from the person who has it, even if this player does not even target the add. I do not really know what happened with the aggro coming from the new epic pet, if it adds to the aggro generated by the summoner, but AAs like Magic Leash and Minion's Attention seem to have no use.

Sorry for the bad English translation.
  13. Aniko Member

Really, why abilities on deaggro epic pet are still not repaired?
    Or it is no longer a pet, but just 'mage autoattack'?
  14. kluxor Well-Known Member

Maybe what's broken isn't the hate on your pets, but the stupid massive amounts of passive DPS they provide....Just a thought
    Snikkety, Rondo9 and Safirah like this.
  15. Ashandra Well-Known Member

None of the dehate aas work with the new pet when they worked just fine in our old pet set up I'd say its broken . That's the epic buff the devs chose to give us a pet that hits hard but sucks for hate personly I'd have rathered a temp buff of some sort. The pets passive stuff doesn't hit hard against the higher tier stuff I believe its intended.
  16. Protips Member

I can't believe people asking for more when the pet dps is already through the roof. ok 2 scenario:
    1. your pet just do so much damage that you need to somehow pull it back or stop casting **** to save the aggro
    2. your pet need to do a lot less damage so it won't generate so much hate.

either change make sense, but NOT the keep pet dps but give extra dehate
    gosh summoners, always
  17. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Hmm I believe there talking about aa lines that don't work now on yr new pet in a summoner thread not more not less just that.
  18. Anaranj Member

I am very much afraid that now we will see more and more clear messages of the type "nerf the summoners".

The problem is not that the pet generates much or little aggro. The problem is that the summoners have several AAs that decrease that aggro; AAs that were effective before and now are not. If we add that the aggro generated by the pet before was different from the aggro generated by its owner and now the aggro of the pet is added to the aggro of the summoner, we get the result described here: a terrible aggro and an almost impossible mission of the tank to recover that aggro.

I hope I could explain well. ;)
  19. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily care if they fix the threat transfer abilities. Looking at my necro AA, I only see one that might actually contribute to solving the issue on the summoner page, and I have never specced for it. The thing that 'could' help these issues is splitting our hate from our pet so that ALL of the hate that both of us generate is not counted towards us. However, in my groups, I mostly run with tanks that have no issue holding aggro. When you and your tank are geared similarly, I do not see the summoners ripping aggro from the tank. It is only when the summoner is better geared than the tank that this happens. This is a pain for pug groups, because there aren't very many super tanks looking for pugs.

When you put a summoner who has his epic weapon in a group with a tank who does not, there are issues. When people are in similar spots in gear, there are fewer issues. This expansion has enhanced problems like these, because of differences in peoples' ascension, epic weapon, tithe, and ability to partake in groups who can actually get things done which leads to better overall gear. These areas of disparity are causing the aggro issues more than something wrong with the summoner pets.
  20. Protips Member

Nice post captainbeatty, but when I saw the part when you say "there are <<issues>>", it is totally awesome..lolol
    Snikkety likes this.