Epic 2.0 requires 100 level crafting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaarkula, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Still, Alenna, I get what (I think) Pauly is saying.

Maybe a compromise solution would be to have a group-only adventure version (like the fabled epics from RoK), a raid-only adventure version (like the mythical epics from RoK), and a tradeskill one that utilizes the group or raid version and upgrades it using the same procedure we used in the final Arcanna'se instance for the tradeskill timeline. As long as future group content was balanced for the group-only version and future raid content was balanced for the raid-only version, then the only thing that would stop players (with the version for the content that they frequent) from joining a group without the BiS version (because that particular aspect didn't fit their playstyle) would be other players (trying to set dungeon-clearing records or summat ;) ).
    Alenna likes this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes this would ofcourse be the most optimal solution alltho it would completely defeat the purpose. Its just here to slow us down, and it took me several days so its working. I mean come on DBG its so obvious its almost funny. "In order to mix these herbs for Dolas you need to be lvl 100 crafter" o_O
    DoomDrake likes this.
  3. Nelie Well-Known Member

I can actually think of a time where you had to be max level and raiding for a TS item....anyone remember the researcher for the raid gear back in Skyshrine? You had to actually get the stone off Dozekar.

There wasnt this much rage back then over it lol
    Adevil likes this.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Yes, there was.

I just hid it better. :p (IOW, I kept my rage to myself instead of flooding the forums with complaints. o_O )
    Alenna and Shmogre like this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Oh, there was, heh. But it was mitigated by the fact that the item was able to be sold, traded, or given away. So the folks that could get it would get it, and the folks that could use it were able to acquire it. That's why a lot of people are asking for the crafting for the epic to be commissionable: so the toons that can do it are able to assist the ones that can't/won't/don't want to.
    Alenna and Tekka like this.
  6. Creasote Well-Known Member

Probably not unless they allow a 100 level crafting token to be purchased or I can find someone trustworthy to do it for me. It's a decision made easy to not do it and not sub or FTP. I can run heroics without it or just quit and move on. Easy decision especially since I started the other old content prereqs and they suck too making this even less of a game I want to play.
    Meneltel likes this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Especially since epic 2.0 is supposedly only needed for the end raids and not by casual groupers or casual raiders.
    Shmogre likes this.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

And as the final step to fully unleash the powers of this truly magnificent weapon you must experiment it to Visionary!!!
  9. Cragfire Well-Known Member

No, no the final step is to log into your Everquest I account and merge weapon souls with your completed Epic 1.0 in a special instance of Ethernere itself.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Epic 2.0 will be an insanely powerful weapon for casuals and heroic groups. just like it was for epic 1.0. you didn't NEED epic 1 for jack squat, it just made you stupidly more powerful. this time it's going to make us stupidly more powerful, AND they made sure at least the high end raiders would get it because T4 is gated by having it.
  11. Nelie Well-Known Member

How many non-raider crafters got this item though vs. those that raided and were max level in both adventure and crafting? Most guilds that I knew of DKP bid the item off to actual raiders first that were also crafters. Also, yes, it was repeatable and able to be sold on the broker but that leads back to my question I asked first. I don;t think they were ever reasonably priced either on the broker.

If you were a just a crafter obtaining this item from a raider, you were pretty lucky or an alt of a raider.
  12. Strac Active Member

Ok so you dislike the craftin system in EQ2. Compared to other games crafting, i can totally understand what you mean.

However, if you just spent 10min a day crafting rush orders (meaning you have always enough vitality to double all exp gained), you'd reach lvl 100 in 1-2 months time.

Sure, you want your gain and/or reward now, instantly. But take a deep breath and imagine you had just spent 5min per game session on crafting since you started the game. you'd be level 3000 by now.

There are a lot of things we all don't particularly enjoy in the game. Be it travel distances, the time it takes to form a grp ( much easier to just type xy lfg ! and then complain about not getting invited right ?), or those boring quests series forcing you to fly back and forth the same map multiple times .....etc

But we still do them, because the end result is worth it. Why does reaching TS lvl 100 seem so incredibly impossible to so many people ?

Even now, mages and scouts are spending endless time on repeatable faction quests, spending more time then it takes to level to TS lvl 100. but that's somehow bearable while parking in a GH clicking your mouse/keyboard now and then to pick up and trade in rush orders is such an outrageous thing to do ? Geez, you can watch a movie on TV and drink some hot coco while working casually on your TS level...you can't do that grinding the same boring grey quest to gain faction. Perspective ?
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

They weren't. To this day none of my crafters has that apprentice.
  14. beetle New Member

A lot of raiders raid on multiple toons alts they switch to for different fights or when people aren't there. So it isn't just one toon it's sometimes several, combine the tradeskill prereq with all the other prereqs and it is bs. Not to mention everyone likes to play alts, not having the epic 2.0 will be no different than everyone that's complaining about the ethereal runes and not having them that they are saying that's game breaking that are getting nerfed so they can add effects to the epic weapons that will just do the same thing to the game. I raid and am not doing the epic I think the prerequisites are ridiculous and if they gate t4 to where you have to have the epic 2.0 and make it where without it's effects you are basically useless then there's no reason for me to play this game anymore.
  15. Tama New Member

It's just ridiculous. I'm not a crafter and never will be. I've played for over 13 years and done everything but craft. I've done epic 1.0 on several toons (not repercussions but full mythical version). Raided, quested, grouped, etc. While it's true you don't have to have the epic 2.0 to play the game, with it's stats and such, you won't get to raid or group any end content sense many others do and will have you overpowered - not to mention any expansions that build from here. It's not that crafting is hard, it's just stupid to me. I don't want an easily acquired BiS item (cloak too) - just an alternative way to get it that just as demanding (or even more so) that an adventuring only toon can complete. My point is crafting has never been required to be competitive as an adventurer until now and as a loyal, paying member who has enjoyed the game to date - after this long, to make it required to advance, is disappointing and reason enough for me and others to move on.
    Meneltel and DoomDrake like this.