Epic 2.0 requires 100 level crafting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaarkula, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Except they did do that to crafters already. remember the Emerald Halls? all those lovely recipes and the components only dropped off raid mobs.or how about the various recipes that only dropped of current tier mobs, or were clickies in current teir heroic instances, making crafters either have to pay through the nose for them, or level up the adv side till thjey coudl do the zones to get the books.

this is going to be the best weapon in the game for 2 YEARS. I dn't see any probably with you needing to take a day or two to get to 100 crafting. it's not like they are saying you have to do the various TS epic stuff like the prayer shawl, or the solstice earring, or get your grandmaster cloaks. you just gotta level it to 100.

I know plenty of crafters that are 100 adv not becuase they like adventuring, but becuase they just didn't want to get 1 shot while harvesting/doing crafting timelines.
  2. Milchbart Active Member

First at all, I dont like it when someone calls my possition "dumb". You should work on your behavior.

Other people explained you already, EQ2 is based on questing and crafting timelines seperatly. Some people like to adventure, some like to craft and some are doing both. The problem is to force the people to do both. That should be easy to understand, or not? The new crafter cloak is a good example. I am not a crafter, I will never get it and thats ok.

Epic 1 was for sure an item for adventures and the mythical version for raiders. That was 1 of the very big highlights of the game within a decade. Of course everybody was hoping Epic 2 will be something similare and now many people are disappointed.
    Mizgamer62, Meneltel and Alenna like this.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and I don't see how you wanting someone that has done crafting adn adv to carry you through the epic becuase you can't be bothered is any better. unless you want them to simply remove all the steps of getting said materials and then making he combine(s)?

there have been quests in the game since the start that used crafting components for adventuring rewards. true, before you coudl buy the product off the broker, or have it commissioned by someone who was already that level. but this is the Epic. and it will need you to have as some put it a 'well-rounded' character.

Now I would be first to say it would be unfair or screwy if they needed you to have done like the puddin line, or the prayershawl, or something like that. but this is just leveling to 100. you coudl do that in a day or so. it's really no different then the tinkering things of you have to have the tinkering skill required to make the item in order to use it.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

Dude, you are missing my point. crafting should not be required for the epic 2.0. and excuse me raiders are adventurers so yes raiding is not an unfair requirement to get the epic 2.0. forcing someone to bring up a 100 crafter is unfair and not in keeping with the game as it was since it's inception. this late in the game they should not be making such a sweeping change this late in the game. it is only alienating some of the players who have stuck with them through all the other changes that weren't liked.
    Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

No only making it possible for those who don't adventure to help the adventurer through the commisson system after getting all the components would be better then this terrible change in a game I've loved since I began playing it. point in fact I loved that wizards could come to my woodworker(who happened also to be my main adventurer) after getting all the components for help in making the combine they needed. that is what made the is game since it's inception different then most other mmorpgs letting people adventure or craft or both and still have cooperation in the community helping each other get what they needed to progress in their chosen play style.

and those quest let you go to a crafter after you got the components as is should be. NO if you want th ecloak yes a well rounded character but you don't have be a 100 adventurer to get hte crafting stats on that cloak do you.

no you should not have ot level a crafter for this epic. why force people into a playstyle they hate this late in the game.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

they were fully tradeable weren;t they that is what the broker was for so that adventurers could make a bit of plat helping crafters get the books with recipies used to make items that the adventurers wanted and bought with the money they made by selling said books and recipies. crafters did not have to become end level adventurers to get those books and recipies they choose to because they didn't want to pay the plat. but this game change forces adventurers to become crafter to get their adventure item and that is not right. there is no choice there you do it or else. sorry rainmare apples and oranges here.

big deal you don't have to do the crafting questlines to get to the level 100 crafting you should not be forced to do grind crafting wits either if you hate crafting for a pure adventure item.

but they were not forced to do so Rainmare. I had a level 25 wizard who did all the harvesting and questlines through ToV at 25. In fact while beta testing DoV on her I went through the othmir and Gnoll questline before they put in that ladder to help you get to the gnoll camp to make it easier to bypass some aggro mobs. I did it very carefully by watching the pathing of mobs and had no problem staying out of aggro range.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

NO crafting level 100 should not be required for an adventure item
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Vlahkmaak Active Member

At first I was not a fan of this requirement as I had just started playing again and no longer enjoy the benefits of a large guild with scores of crafters. However, in the long run it has the potential to be healthy for the game if they continue to integrate crafting into the story lines. There should be an effort to start integrating a few quests into each tier so that we move away from the writ grind (which could remain an option) while also having adventure/crafting quest lines available too. I actually had fun running these adventuring/crafting quests and will eventually drag a few more toons through them.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

There's an Epic 1.0 for adventurers. There's an Epic 1.0 for crafters.
    There's an Epic 2.0 for adventurers, requiring level 100 crafting.
    There's an ......

Where's the Epic 2.0 for crafters? Requiring a level 100 adventurer.

Thumbs down on the level 100 crafting requirement.
    Have 6 level 100 crafters and want the plat ...
    Mizgamer62, Alenna and Meneltel like this.
  10. wind Member

14 days left
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Epic 2.0. Best in slot weapon for the next 2 yrs, at least. For such an item, the hoops you are going to have to jump though "should" be Epic x 2 even, lol.

Only well rounded characters need apply.
  12. Creasote Well-Known Member

Well rounded at what? Paying for a crafting program or mashing buttons to craft 100 levels of nothing?

Why stop at crafting ? If we need to be such a well rounded player, let's make it so every skill in the game has to be 500. That is well rounded not just selecting crafting. See how silly it sounds.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

Ah, maybe that's what the devs are up to. Shaking those who bot out of the woodwork.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

I thought "well rounded" meant that my chubby ogre was finally about to shine. Oh well. Back to eating ratonga.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Eat a Halfling also. If you need roughage, eat a gnome and its toy device, too!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

I guess you won't be acquiring your Epic 2.0 weapon then? 100 crafting being a requirement & all?
  17. Kristabella Well-Known Member

This whole thing about crafting (and faction) is nothing but one time sink hole for DBG. It makes no sense to force players who have never had an interest in crafting, to become crafters. It's not only not fair to non-crafters, but to crafters as well.

I love to craft, and I like to make plat doing it, if everyone and their mama is going to be a crafter, how will I support myself with my tradeskill any longer? It's all useless now. while the "new" crafters may not craft for the population, they will craft for themselves.

I hear tell that they rushed this expac to sell to get it on the market, without finishing Epic 2.0. so now they need to buy time to get it done. Trying to get faction right now with Zou'Lides... once completing the quests all that is left for me is one quest that give 1,000, this leaves me at -9000 indifferent, so to get the rest of the faction needed i will have to do this same damn quest FIFTY NINE more time... really? Its going to be worse getting bastion of the tranquil faction, those repeatables are for only like 100. And this is still not taking into consideration having to do your class sig timeline, and the entire paineel sig line, just to start bastion. Then add in the time it takes for ascension leveling....

Everything going on now in game is to drag it out so they can get done, what they didn't finish, imho. I cannot rationalize any other reason for this time sink. Just about everyone has multiple characters, I can imagine people going thu this nightmare on 6-12 alts.

I am in a large guild and at least 20-25 have already quit and moved on to other games. The choices DBG is making with this expac goes beyond all reason. Don't get me wrong I like a challenge, but not mind numbing repeatables 60+ more times... I don't even think anyone in my guild will be anywhere near finishing their epic by next frostfell.
    DoomDrake and Ykysh like this.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

This has been done before, many times, in the past. I would not doubt it was done yet again. But as you can see, many are tired of this tactic and are leaving the game. And many will not be back, I fear.
  19. Cragfire Well-Known Member

... and therein lies one of the core problems. Someone gets salty and leaves the game.. after several months, or a year, calms down and decides to comes back to the game.. Even if they have all the time in the world.. can play 36hrs a day.. and dose not mind going back and doing all the perquisites (bless their souls).. they will never catchup.. ever.. due to the artificial time gate(s) that are now in place.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that we often see time gates changed when they've served their purpose. Instance lockout timers that get reduced a few months into an expansion come to mind.
    Cragfire likes this.