EoF Patch - Compiled list of problems. KEEP THIS THREAD CIVIL.

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Blarglefarst, Nov 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tikku Lilledrum Guest

I am using the Geforce 7800GTX, having the same weird problems....it begun after LU27, stabilizewd somewhat, but after downloading this LU, the game is completely unplayable.
  2. ARCHIVED-FoXyLaDy3435 Guest

From what I can gather looking at my download logs the patch looks to be about 1.2 to 1.4GB (this is with preload so it could be bigger). This is alot of bandwidth when you have a couple of hundred thousand users trying to download. Patience is a virtue that many people here should care to learn. I was one of the unlucky people that weren't even able to logon to SWG on release day due to the large amounts of people bogging the servers down (SOE didn't anticipate the popularity of their franchise). Every day heaps of people are unable to log into WoW during peak times due to overcrowded servers and limited spots. Spouting that you aren't going to buy a soe game again and raging around like a bull in a china shop isn't going to help. Just sit back relax and maybe watch some TV or heaven forbid maybe go outside for a walk while SOE sort out there patch system and the load on there systems drops a little.
  3. ARCHIVED-nilam6 Guest

Seems I got a problem with a file named Snd_Woushi.vpk. That seems to be the file that makes my download freeze. Anyone else?

/anath
  4. ARCHIVED-Carvium Guest

The EU servers have this repatching error too. I left it patching over night, checked it this morning and it had completed ( I think, didn't check the play button) restarted the launcher and it started downloading the animals.vpk again plus a few other files it only had a 20min DL (on the US servers was 2 and a half hours on the EU servers so switched over) on it but had to go to work so left it running :p
    Hopefully SoE can sort this error soon.
    Also there is a post in the General section that says you should re download any 3rd party add ons. before running the game again. this was posted by some one from the beta testing.
  5. ARCHIVED-BowB4Me Guest

I made (in retrospect) the mistake of pre-ordering this from soe; no problems (if one discounts a lot of downloading time/screaming at the computer etc) until i actually log on to the game and it now yells at me for the registration code which, as I downloaded it from soe i had rather imagined I wouldn't need. I have the files, I have the annoying respec button hovering in the corner of my screen (how do I know which poor innocent beastie I want to lay waste to? I can't get to frelling whereever it is I need to go in order to find out...... calms down and thinks pink thoughts) but do I need an access quest to get to the land of fae or do I ned a registration code which will unlock the zone(s)???

If it is the latter how do I get one?

I know this is pathetic but then so is leaving the pc running overnight and it only just finishing the download now...

rant over

kiki xxx
    Message Edited by BowB4Me on 11-15-2006 03:07 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Daasa Guest

To those having problems with the patch not initializing and also not being able to log in because it says the servers are busy:

Here is what i did and it worked!!

I deleted my eqmaps file....the entire folder even though I don't think I had my custom UI in there...I did it anyway. Then I got rid of my firewall from Norton antivirus. Anyway, it worked and I was able to log in just fine.

Hope this works for all of you.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zagats Guest

I purchased my copy of EoF from GameStop. Went home, started patching, and meanwhile I attempted to put in the account key. "Account key already registered". (note that the box was still sealed when I purchased it)
    I talked to customer support via internet chat, but they were of little help, saying that I had to scan images of the box and receipt and account key and email those scans to them.
    When I told her I dont have a scanner, dont know anyone who does, and have no access whatsoever to one, she basically said "oh well, we have to have scans to verify this".
    I told the rep that I could provide any numbers off the box or receipt for verification, but she persisted that the only thing they could use were scans of the boxes.
    Fine. Forget it.

Took the game back to GameStop for an exchange and the lady at the counter says "Wow, that's odd. That's the second time this has happened today."

So here's my guesses as to what's happening:
    1- someone is really good at taking off / replacing seals and purchased the game, took the key, then returned it...
    2- sony is giving out duplicate account keys.

My problem is resolved in that I gained a good account key, but someone should really look into why this happened in the first place.
  8. ARCHIVED-Khrump Guest

I know you are working hard on these problems. Here are my experiences so far.

I am able to log into my Qeynos and Freeport characters ok. I tried to take my 34 Guardian on the boat from Nektulos but when the boat zoned in I received the chat box message
    "Everquest II cannot load your next zone (exp03_rgnbutcherblock.o). Please exit Everquest II and ensure that the correct Game Options are set in Launchpad. If this is an Optional, Adventure Pack, or Expansion zone, ensure that the corresponding Optional download set is enabled."
    I went to Launchpad and sure enough I didn't have some of the options enabled but there was no Adventure Pack for EoF listed. Anyway I downloaded all the missing Vpaks, etc., and tried the boat ride again. I got the same message.

I created a Fae and tried to enter the game. Game went to entering game, Logging into zone server, Receiving zone information, creating Zone,,,,,,,,,then the game crashed. Pop-up message appeared on screen;
    Everquest II has encountered an unrecoverable error and must shut down.
    <verify> D:\test\eq2\game\client\src\GameScene.epp (3840)
    Please initiate a full scan download on the launchpad (words to that effect)
    I have done this numerous times last night but it does not correct the inability to enter EoF.
  9. ARCHIVED-ruab Guest

I assume you did buy the digital download or buy and register the retail EoF, right Khrump? How are you running the game? You wont see EoF listed on the patcher, because that is only for Adventure Packs (not expansions). If the expansion is registered on your account, it will download automatically.

--Ruab
  10. ARCHIVED-Khrump Guest

Yes, I bought the Digital Download. I know the EoF does not appear on the patcher. I am just relating what messages I receive when I try to enter EoF and what happens. My Account lists EoF as enabled.
    Khrump
  11. ARCHIVED-samy Guest

1) Download cancels itself every 5mins or so
    2) Fluctuating D/L speeds
  12. ARCHIVED-samy Guest

Ok my problem is this file

Char_exp02_harla_dar.vpk

Patcher always cancels itself before I can finish this download

Has happened at least 5 times already.
  13. ARCHIVED-samy Guest

ok tried restarting my comp and restarting the whole process.
    what happened?
    my previously 8 hour download jumped to 37 hours
    it's a struggle to post this in a civil manner lol
    :(
  14. ARCHIVED-Keku Guest

My guild window is messed up - it shows our guild as level 20 when we are, in fact, level 50. I was only on for a few minutes before todays serverdown but no one else in my guild who was on had this problem. Maybe when the servers are back up it will be fixed.