EoF Patch - Compiled list of problems. KEEP THIS THREAD CIVIL.

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Blarglefarst, Nov 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Yarginista Guest

- HUGE drop in graphics Performance
  2. ARCHIVED-Daasa Guest

Can't log on to the servers. Also, there are no characters available for me to choose from.
  3. ARCHIVED-Novaseeker Guest

Add: patcher closing before patch completed (repeatedly).
  4. ARCHIVED-Blarglefarst Guest

List updated.

Keep the bugs rolling in... this list will make Jason's job much easier, than having to troll the boards for problems.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Got a new one where connection cannot be established to the Update Server and you have to manually Initialize it. Unfortunately after many attempts I have still not connected to the update server. I believe I got "Disconnected" at 90-92% with it saying the update was complete.
  6. ARCHIVED-Blarglefarst Guest

That seems to be a problem with stationplayers.com, not the actual game.

I'm sure the website will be fixed soon.
  7. ARCHIVED-Moonsoldier Guest

This isn't a bug but I don't know what to do at this point :cry:
    Bought 2 retail copies, brought them home, opened them up. One has a key - the other doesn't. No sticker in the corner. I've looked all over in case the packing guys got creative. I think I am going to have to go yell at Best Buy and cry and scream until I get one with a key :(
  8. ARCHIVED-EvilPomeranian Guest

My issue has already been listed: my download repeatedly cancles. I give up, no EQ2 for me tonight. :smileysad:

I'm so glad I didn't buy the expansion! Having these issues PLUS being $40 bucks in the hole would have been worse!

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] SOE?
  9. ARCHIVED-Blarglefarst Guest

Please keep your post civil, as this thread says. The TSR's don't -make- the bugs, they just help us identify and fix them. This thread is meant to be a resource for players to post their known issues, not a place to flame SOE. Thank you.
  10. ARCHIVED-CVWarrior Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Khrump Guest

Everything was just going rosy. Completed the digital download in about 2 hours, servers came up, created new Fae character, pushed play button, screen went to "Entering World" then "Receiving Zone Information" then "Creating Zone", then "CRASH", the program crashes. I get an fatal error box that says <verify> D:\test\eq2\game\client\src\GameScene.cpp (3840), Recommend doing complete patch download. So I do that but it doesn't help. The game repeatedly crashes when I try to enter EoF. I can enter Freeport and Qeynos with my other characters but cannot enter Faydark. I am afraid to take the boat ride for fear of getting caught in a loop.
    Dunno what to do next.
  12. ARCHIVED-EvilPomeranian Guest

The "expletive" that was "haxx0rd" was actually an common acronym. :smileywink:

It can be pronounced as "doubleyoo tee efff"

But...ya know, whatever.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tilladare Guest

Add another one to the patcher cancels before finishing DL list. Makes it to around 90% and then Dowload canceled. Close launchpad, re-start launchpad, patch starts over. 3 hours later, download cancels. Also tried re-booting computer after closing launchpad..... same outcome.
    Something towards the very end of the patch is crashing.
    Message Edited by Tilladare on 11-14-2006 06:18 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-CVWarrior Guest

Just for the heck of it, have you checked the Registration section before restarting to see if it dumped the expansion Reg-Key?
  15. ARCHIVED-RowenaRedarm Guest

Ok, here's a wierd one: I installed the RETAIL EXPANSION PACK, then it took four hours for the game to patch--then after i had successfully logged in and created a Fae toon, I logged out for about 15 mins. When I tried to go back in, the whole patch again began its download of over 4 hours. I am at the moment sitting here, waiting --into 8 hours now i have spent on patching this RETAIL version of the game. This is unacceptable--has anyone experienced this or possibly have any idea what the heck is going on with this? THE GAME ALREADY PATCHED! WHY AM I WAITING ANOTHER FOUR HOURS??????????????
  16. ARCHIVED-Daasa Guest

The latest: Now, my characters do show up to select but the patch won't initialize:smileysad:
    So, I can't hit play because it won't come up.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tilladare Guest

my account info shows it accepted the EoF Reg-Key.....
  18. ARCHIVED-CVWarrior Guest

Rats!!! I was wondering if that was the file differential. Guess not.
  19. ARCHIVED-Blarglefarst Guest

Rowena.

Although I completely understand your frustration at the patch issues (your issue is listed, by the way, under "patch completes but restarts), I must stress that becoming frustrated will only increse your stress levels and make for an unhappy day.

It's far easier to just post your problem, and continue with whatever you were doing for the day.

For instance, I am now on download number 4 of the same patch files. And to make matters worse, I keep losing at solitaire :p However, typing in caps won't achieve much, so I'm just sitting back and waiting for this thread to get noticed.

Seeing as how I am about to leave for the day and go to work, I will have to ask that someone continue compiling the known bugs list somewhere in this thread, to keep it updated. Perhaps someone who has posted on page 1 could edit their post?
  20. ARCHIVED-Timbuktu_Apothecary Guest

I have this problem as well. Full error message is:

Update Error

Update could not be initialized. The update Server may be busy. Please re-attempt by clicking on "Initialize Update."

I have clicked it, restarted EQII and clicked it some more for about the last 30 minutes. Never begins to patch? Anyone heard of this or if they already have a fix? Thx

Gnaw
    65 Assassin/55 Weaponsmith
    Befallen Server