Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cappen, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Futurama fans out here, I know there are., soooo
    [IMG]
    Although, I gotta admit, I've seen pretty blue frogs in game that look exactly like the futurama frog too. =P
    Kaitheel likes this.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I think the blue frogs are the ones under Kelethin.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For those of us who don't get the reference, can you explain?
  4. Noctew Active Member

"That's no moon, it's a space station." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars)

See also: "Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!", referenced by an NPC in Erudin Research Halls (A Fully Functional Deathgazer)
    Ranga likes this.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

A thread search pulled up no hits, and I'm way to lazy today to pore through 9 pages of posts manually, so if this is a repeat, I apologize.

This is a discovery POI in Kylong Plains:
    [IMG]

It is probably a reference to this movie:
    [IMG]

During one of Vuulan's quests in V.I., the following dialogue occurs:
    [IMG]

It is almost certainly a reference to this verse in the poem The Jabberwocky by Lewis Carrol:

One two! One two! And through, and through,
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head,
    He went galumphing back.

This is a part of one of the many collections that debuted with ToV:
    [IMG]

It is possible that the collectible could be a reference to It by Stephen King:

[IMG]

It is also possible (given the fuzziness / hairiness of the icon) that It could be a reference to Cousin Itt / Cousin It from The Addams Family:

[IMG]

I guess that only the devs know for sure on that last one.
    Katz and Cyliena like this.
  6. Ranga Active Member

Went thru there on an alt the other day and meant to mention it here but you beat me to it :)

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but there are various star wars references in SoH from the gargoyle on the wall where the two roads split at the entrance...
  7. Ranga Active Member

There are blue frogs in Oakmyst and Chelsith (old) also
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The latter would be my guess... first thought when I saw the icon was that it was hairy! :)
  9. Syatar New Member

10. Kiriania New Member

I love easter eggs :D
  11. Shonto Member

Part of the quest dialogue with Lama Mukhlisah in Epic Repercussions quotes from season five of Angel:
    Wesley: Your run-on sentences have got a lot less pointless.
    Fred: Oh, that's so sweet! And a tad condescending.
    Kaitheel and Calthine like this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Septem part might be, but the Tribunal was around in EQ1, back in 1999, pre-dating Morrowind by 3 -4 years or so.
  13. oldskool Active Member

Today in Kaladim I noticed the lead singer of the band of burglers is named Rothgar which is also the name of a long timemEQ2/EQNext programmer and developer.

And the song is a take on Sailing by Christopher Cross made popular again by Cartman from Soutpark.
  14. Delishus Active Member

Still love Vhalen's Tribute Band. Now, if you could only get them to play Running With The Devil.
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

XD I dunno how I missed this, but in Zek, there is a guard at the dock named Zilia (Guard Zilia)[IMG], and she paths through the water, walking out of the sea just like /dundundun GODZILLA!
    Fink likes this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Maybe they should put an Anetta and a Flora next to her. :p

Jeez, if Nightwish changes singers too many more times, Daybreak is going to need to erect a new building in Maj'Dul to house them all. ;)
  17. Eradani Well-Known Member

all 3 of them are / were eq2 devs.
  18. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Apologies if I've missed this particular one on the 9 pages posted on here, but I only just realized this one during this year's nights of the dead:

One of the quest NPCs for the haunted house quests in Loping Plains is called Proctor Eiolie. I assume his name is pronounced Aioli, which is, of course, garlic sauce. And there's a lot of vampires about, vampires, garlic, garlic sauce, you get the idea...
  19. Calbiyum Active Member

wtf is firefly
  20. Calbiyum Active Member

also how on earth is cloudrat allowed a sig that big lol wtf