Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cappen, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Ofeofae New Member

Did everyone miss my favorite? Old, too. Like from launch. In the old Scale Yard you did a quest called "Sword Chucks of Doom" a reference to "8-Bit Theater" featuring "Fighter", inventor of the "Sword-chucks", two swords connected by a chain, hilt to hilt.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'm a bit too old I guess 8-bit theater? I programmed in hex and never heard of that one.
  3. Ahupu Well-Known Member

The final step to the Sokokar quest (adventure) "Here in my Sokokar I feel safest of all" a tribute to Gary Numan's song "In Cars" Also I read all these posts at one point, but I do not recall if anyone mentioned all the things in Tenebrous Tangle Jabber the Hulak (owl aviak) near the port in telling you as a scout while a youngster he came up with "Give a hoot, don't leave refuse cluttering up the ground" as a reference to Woodsy Owl, and the gnome on Gazer Island who blames the fairies for diassembling his clockwork and your part of the dialogue is "NO DISASSMBLE!" a Johnny Five quote from "Short Circuit".
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I dunno if you are too old. I'm 42, and this is the specific comic being referenced. (The implication being that, if you are younger than 42, age isn't the issue.)
  5. Sucha Active Member

Didn't see this one posted earlier, apologies if I missed it.

Szaarn in Eidelon Jungle is a reference to The Zarn in Land of the lost.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

In the final quest (Kaedrin's Fate) of the Qeynos City timeline, when you defeat Kaedrin, there is a reference to Firefly, the episode where Mal fights a duel and makes comment about not being a great or even good man, but an all right one...
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, that is actually the Easter Egg that started this thread.
    Berserkerkitten and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Pouncer Member

Not sure if it qualifies as an "easter egg", however when doing the Gathering Obsession quest in Nek I came across a named gargoyle "Koylinite" and it immediately brought me back to my 6th grade science class geology nerd days:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaolinite

(This is the stuff that gives off a very distinct odor when it gets wet and depending on where you live it can get quite strong esp. after a hard rain.)
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Ahupu likes this.
  10. Selaphor New Member

Not sure if anyone said it already.. But can't forget the reference in the line by Captain Grush in Ward of Elements. x') His "spear and magic helmet" are in reference to an old Looney Toons episode.. or just a really strange coincidence. (However, it always makes me chuckle a bit when I fight him on mount runs for friends.)
    Ahupu and Finora like this.
  11. Prrasha Well-Known Member

And extra-funny on Unrest where there's a guild of that name.
  12. Kilar Active Member

Gevil Gigglegibber in Freeport who gives the Xmas Tree Quest talks you through a version of Monty Python's Parrot scetch :)
    Ranga, Shmogre and Kaitheel like this.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Magic Closet -> Frostfell Village sounds a lot like The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe's wardrobe -> Narnia
    Feara likes this.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

On Isle of Mara, Ensign Geredo says "Ah, love...exciting and new!" TV Series, The Love Boat.
  15. Daenys Member

Don't know if it was said before, but near the Vigilant, you can meet NPC Deacon John. Not playing bass guitar anymore?
  16. Palarran Member

The three skeletons in the Ruins of Varsoon quest "Where Will This Lead Me?" were named after players on the former EQ1 server Ayonae Ro.
    Thimzem Ci'Re = Mezmith
    Erbmys Sumyd = Cymbre
    Et'sipe Ymeresh = Episte
    Ranga and Calthine like this.
  17. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Heh, yah...one of our favourite Bugs Bunny cartoons. Always wanted a guild with that name, so when we moved from AB to Unrest in 2006, we did it.

I'm not sure if this is an egg or not, but when I was running Vulaan's quests on my Swash, he remembered her fighting him. She's the only one of my toons who raided back then and killed him many times. Also, my Warden follows Tunare and while speaking with Wuoshi there's a dialog reply to the dragon about being a follower as well.
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

if you killed Harla and Woushi you can also talk to them about when you killed them, as well as Vuulan.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Vuulan actually is very grateful you killed him, I won't say why as that's more of a Spoiler than I just said :p
    Ranga likes this.
  20. Syatar New Member

Does the red text seem familiar to you?:) [IMG]