Drake Taming Removal

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Miapa, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Miapa Guest

Another tameable creature down:
    Fixed an issue that allowed “a drakonine guardian” to be tameable.

Why not just get it over with and say:
    Fixed an issue allowing Beastlords to tame creatures. Upon taming a creature, it will use a default graphic across all Beastlords.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Drakes are in the dragon family, iirc the said no dragons, so this shouldn't be a surprise.
  3. ARCHIVED-Miapa Guest

Drakes are still tameable. The Drakes in Eastern Waste are no longer tameable.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Was there something odd (or cool, heh) about this one? Not familar with the mob?
  5. ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    He's more on top of the BL forum than any Beastlord! One day I'll learn to appreciate the way you troll. Maybe. Just maybe.
    As for your response: not very well thought out, is it? When other drakes are tameable and theres an entire drake category? Lulz.
    Personally I'm not bothered by the EW drakonine being gone; it was ridiculously huge and annoying in groups, even when shrunk. That being said though, if that was the sole issue, they should've just made him smaller when tameable. Sucks they took him away though, sorry to all those who used him and liked him. ): Was it just his size being the reason they removed him from the tameable list?
  6. ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    He was just really big, Mystfit. Even when you used the shrink spell, that brought him down to a size that was just a tad larger than a cow. Lol. And he had a cool looking skin, stone-like with blue stuff.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

If he fit all the rules except size seems a shame something couldn't be done....our pack ponies come shrunk...(you can see them shrink when you cast them and they have a size buff on them), perhaps they could have don something similar.
    Sorry to those who lost their pet. I played my bl during the double xp weekend as i didn't want to waste that opportunity to get piles of aa, but haven't since. I still haven't decided her future as it seems anything unique or special is doomed (or feared to be doomed). It's their right of course, to do with the game as they feel they need to.
  8. ARCHIVED-Valshyra Guest

Why remove it I like my Drake. Unless they make other drakes tameable that spell just became useless to me. I don't want a Butterfly looking drake to me thats more of a insenct/bug. Atleast make the green drakes in BB tameable then or the black ones in Darklight. If I am to have a Drake I want something that looks like a Drake not a bug
    Thing that gets me they remove but they have not added any thing to the Tameable list. Like Raptors in SF are tameable, but the ones in KJ are not last time I checked
  9. ARCHIVED-Andemon Guest

It was an obvious bug, so I don't mind.
    Those guardians are drakota, not drakes...and we're not supposed to be able to tame intelligent creatures.
    All actual drakes are still tameable.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Was he the only tamable drake-drake? (I agree the butterfly wouldn't satisfy)
  11. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Lord forbid they remove a warder that's more a sight detriment than anything. There are more than enough unique drakes to tame in the game. The "making up for something" size of the drakonine was obnoxious and unneccesary.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Krinte@The Bazaar wrote:
    so that always confused me ;) drakota vs drakes ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Andemon Guest

Dragonkind, from most to least intelligent (iirc):
    Dragons > Drakota > Droag > Wyverns > Drakes
    There are only a handful of Drakota that actually talk in-game, but they're supposed to be highly intelligent. Even Darathar needed the "leash" from Ring of Scale to keep them under control, so lorewise it'd make no sense that some random adventurer could "tame" one.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jaylo Guest

The problem is that SOE uses the term drake to refer to Drakota in too many places. The Drakota on Viscous Breeding Grounds in Tenebrous Tangle are called drakes, but they drop Drakota L&L items.
    The drakonine warder was obviously a Drakota model and it's not even called a drake. If it was intended to be tamed, I would have assumed the Drakota that are actually called drakes in TT would be tameable.
    I'm glad to see it gone just because it was obnoxiously large.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Lisail@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It wasn't a troll post the point was valid enough, if others are still tameable that may or may not change, there was nothing at all trolling about it, you just don't have the facilities to understand or just don't know the meaning a troll post.
    It is entirely possible that with the western wastes coming soon, and the dragons thast will be there, the EW drakes being in the dragon family and the relationship they will have lore wise. It could also be the size as was previously mentioned because there is no doubt that there were a large number of players that got them for that reason alone, just to be a 'me too' and then part of that crowd would find the most obstructive and obnoxious place to park it blocking NPC from other players. Just like people used to do at the East Freeport banker/broker.
  16. ARCHIVED-PotatoeGuru Guest

Was the red lion also hit today? I know I've seen them around, but got a 'cannot tame certain creature' message when I just tried in the Shard of Love.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

the biggest reason the drakonine thing is being such a fuss, is most of us upset HATE that stupid lizard with butterfly/dragonfly wings thing. the drakonine was a tamable one that actually looked good, despite it's size.
    apparently though, those that had it, got little black drakota looking mobs...so we can hope that there is a tamable one, or we can be even more annoyed that they are giving those that 'expolited the bug' a unique look that the rest of us can't get at all.
  18. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Brigh@Guk wrote:
    That's the spirit lion petamorph wand that also drops in SoL. Red lions themselves were never tameable.
  19. ARCHIVED-Roslyn Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    Hmm, well I just tamed one last night in SoL and he's running around with me in Klak as I type this.
  20. ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs Guest

Brigh@Guk wrote:
    You have to mentor to like 60 or 80 or something, you cant tame him at level 90 for whatever reason. Bugged.