Dragonfire is Obviously an EXPLOIT that the Devs Blatantly Choose to Ignore

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Morphius, Jul 13, 2019.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

You got it. Tired old tune.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's a golden oldie that people just want to keep playing over and over again.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

I have to go restock on popcorn, chips and ale. Any need anything while i'm out?
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

-- Fixed
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

Not sure why people keep on saying that dragonfire is broken and needs fixing. Can anybody in their right mind think if it was "fixed" then the game would better because of it?

Problem is not with monks nor has it ever been with any class. The main problem is the lack of balance of classes, mechanics and the content, It's been like this since launch. However, credit to DBG though as they have narrowed down the gap between classes considerably with ascensions. I wonder in a year or 2 to come, ascensions will replace the base class system as the primary class and the current classes become a sub-speciality to them.

Imagine a Geomancer who can be levelled to be a monk and berserker. I would totally get onboard that idea.
  6. Heccie Thump Member

Balancing classes by, in my opinion, ruining the game with Ascensions does not deserve any credit. Narrowing the gap by doing away with class identity and making everyone identical with overpowered mage spells is not improving the game. I vote to fix the class balance properly and do away with Ascensions altogether.

As an aside, we recently had some rework to conjurors because one of their spells was causing lag due to the number of triggers. Well, we have been doing the Ragrax raid recently and the lag has been monumental, despite recent fixes, but we noticed something which could be relevant the other night. Group 1 wiped because of a cure fail and all the lag disappeared totally, and did so every time G1 wiped. Guess what was in G1? A monk tank, complete with millions of Dragonfire triggers. Coincidence?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The lag on the council fight has to do with the number of boss mobs and the numbers of dets they're putting on us.. combined with AoEs hitting them. No one class ability change is going to fix lag on that fight.
    Beee and Snikkety like this.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

Lol this thread is still going. Kudos to all those involved in the comic value. Stay tuned for an up and coming blockbuster thriller-

Monk - The Creator of Tears
    Blazen, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

yes
  10. Rondo9 Active Member

Stay tuned for next epax where priest tank better then fighters!!!!!
    Beee, Soara2 and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

We've had expacs where tanks heal better than healers :p
    Beee, Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  12. Arclite Well-Known Member

I thought the sarcasm would be picked up in that statement of mine...:p. Perhaps i was not being too cavalier in my tone there. Banned from Discord for stating the obvious so thought to try something different.

Anyway, just to reiterate -- Ascensions/familiars/bloatware stats and any other ware added has not just ruined the mechanics and class balance, it has destroyed the game in its core. The game has lost its identity solely for the purpose of monetizing for all its remaining worth.

Does removing all that make the game fun again? Probably not, they will have to rework the content (that ain't happening) and will have to draw people based on just fun classes and balanced content. Just looking at the TLE server, the launch content (once a difficult venture) is a snooze fest with trivialized difficulty and lets don't even mention what happens with each activation of expansion.

Going back to the crux of my previous post -- blaming monks or any class based on one ability being doing more damage is not the way forward. Scaling it back down is not going to make the game better.

I will end with this timid analgoy -- Perfuming a dirty cloth does not make the cloth clean.
    Avithax likes this.
  13. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Sooo thinking about making a T1 dps class that can solo heroics monk seems to come to mind.....
    Kraeref, dirgenoobforreal and Obano like this.
  14. Avithax Well-Known Member

While some might sympathize with your position on any given subject, beginning any post with this sentence is bound to inspire scroll-wheels downward simply based on the fact that other moderators have found your viewpoint irrelevant and inflammatory enough to be censored.

I wish this wasn't the way you began your post though because I pretty much agreed with most of it however I think many others will skip it over.
    Dude likes this.
  15. SteveB Active Member

Many classes can do that...
  16. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Least effort wise I mean ...
  17. Kashue Member

I have a Monk on Isle of Refuge - Elderon. I geared him up halfway decent with the intention to bring him back to the live servers, however that never happened because i found really great friends here on IoR. Actual people and not bots either, but i digress.

Over on IoR it's often difficult to find a solid group and my Monk helps out tremendously, and in turn i'm helping out all of the others. Do i feel as if he's a bit overpowered? Well, sometimes yes and sometimes no. I can take out the trash like nobody's biz with DF and i can also do some really great DPS on the names, but am i always on top? No... I often see a Swashbuckler, a Wizard, an Illusionist, and also a SK that powers right on by me with DPS. Who knows... maybe i'm not the greatest of Monks and my Kung Fu fighting isn't up to par with the raid Monks, but it's fun. I have fun and i enjoy playing my Monk. I don't get bent out of shape if someone beats me on parse.

What i don't understand is why alot of peeps feel like is it's a one step "push here dummy" easy button. Sure, i get DF & the reset, however our group's combined DPS does not kill the heroic bosses within a few seconds like alot of people describe. Sometimes it takes over a minute or two and I actually have to play the part of a tank and manage aggro along with my temps & also the strats of sometimes wacky heroic bosses. I'm not one-shot killing these Heroic bosses by myself. It's a team effort.

Maybe it's because we don't raid... maybe we don't all have 100k + pot either, but like i said, it's fun and our whole group has fun because we have become friends on a lonely server.

I guess the whole intent of my post is to say that EQ2 is meant to be played with like minded people who become friends (or are friends already) in order to have fun. If you aren't having fun, then nerfing the Monk isn't going to help. It will become something else you don't like eventually.

Find the class you love and play it the best that it can be played. Have fun with your friends and enjoy the remaining years we have left with this game. You will have much less stress.
    Blazen likes this.
  18. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I have a solution for those who think Dragonfire is OP and needs to be immediately nerfed into oblivion. All you have to do is go to options -> data correction -> ability redirect. go ahead and exclude Dragonfire from the data that ACT displays into a parse, and you will have nerfed the ability to your liking. That way you will stop beating off this dead horse, and be able to go outside and spend time doing normal things, like human interaction, or building a life for yourself.
    Rarkevan and Blazen like this.