Dragonfire is Obviously an EXPLOIT that the Devs Blatantly Choose to Ignore

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Morphius, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Obano Well-Known Member

In the parse I posted all those procs were coming from Dragonfire when it triggered 500 times in less than 2 minutes. Dragon stance, crane twirls, anguish, etc were all directly procing off of Dragonfire spamming 500 times. Pushing two buttons did 90% of the damage if you include the secondary damage coming from procs.

This just shows much the game needs a combat revamp. Most procs should be removed from the game and regular CA's and auto attack buffed up to compensate. I am an old school raider myself and would like to see a return to basics. Maybe that is what TLE is for but I would like to see new content that uses the original mechanics.
    Heccie Thump likes this.
  2. Vogie Active Member

The fight Adoninilol linked has adds at different % of the raid bosses health, not a great fight for comparing as Dragonfire is an AOE. May as well link Daggerstorm from a Swashbuckler on that fight or Cata/Rift or Fusion etc etc. You're not really comparing apples to apples here imo . . .
    Blazen likes this.
  3. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

They have nerfed Dragonfire already and there is a spell that has a chance to reset it so if you have some good luck it will get used a lot but mostly for trash clearing as its an AOE.
    I have come to the conclusion that some people only seem to care they have the top parse. If somebody else starts beating them its all unfair etc. Isn't the point of raiding to have the raid succeed? Or is the point of raids to brag that you did the most parse?
    Maybe there's an in game achievement called "Sour Grapes". The people who want to nerf classes sure quality for it.
    Soara2, Blazen and Ursa Minor like this.
  4. Redlight Well-Known Member

The point is that all classes should have the same value, that is your goal when you try to make a good game.
    And "isn't the point of raiding to have the raid succeed?" lol what is wrong with you, have you ever even raided? Raiding is about the challenge it provides to a group of 24 players. Why should a monk (with 2 key abilities) be able to outdps dps class players who are busting their *** off? Daybreak can also make channelers able to oneshot every raid mob, by your logic that would be a good thing. And well, there is another big wave of end of xpac quitters incoming because the devs aren't making any good class balance changes nor good raid content, apparently because of people like you who make them think it really isn't that bad at all.
    Heccie Thump, Ashandra and Obano like this.
  5. Grumpy1 Member

i dont get the fuss , the spell got nerfed twice now , i have it at celestial and yes it can do quite some damage , even more if you get the right buffs but while tanking current raids next to a zerker he is only a few 100k behind me on the parse and has no issues holding agro. The assasins, necro's and a ranger and maybe a warlock will beat me every time because they are suposed to, i make them work for it because my 2 button mashing dps ( wich uses all 10 hotbars and atleast 30% will be greyed out during fights while they reload) is OP, any decent scout can out dps me on a short duration AE fight with hacker storm. that cant even go higher then it is , it is an aa . Just stop comparing classes. Your a bruiser ? im sorry its not the monk thats overpowered . it is your class that got neglected over and over again . complain about that if you need something to complain about. Get the lesser classes up to par with the at the moment better classes , not the other way around. any complaint in 6 fold please to the day broke gaming staff.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I agree, it's ridiculous. Just ignore these other people. They don't understand the line that I bolded.

TLE isn't really any better for quite a few classes, rogues are around 70% auto, procs, and poison at the moment because of the way stats are being handled and poisons weren't nerfed to account for it.

Also, wait for it... passive damage from interrupt which for some reason ? this type of damage just keeps being added to the game all over the place.

TLE was fun for awhile during TSO-DoV when I actually had to time stuff around timewarp (see co-ordination and skill), and my top parsing spell was only like 16% of my parse. No procs were within the top 5% range ever (except aoe with curse), and I didn't have reseting spells, or any non sense like one button doing 40-50% of my parse!
    Kraeref, Ashandra and Obano like this.
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

New Member, probably trolling like every other monk in every dragonfire thread ever. If non assassins outdps you, you have either low stats or absolutely no clue about how your class works.

And by the way, what do you think is smarter? Nerf 1-3 classes every xpac or buff the other 22? Lol. Also, you tell people to stop comparing classes with each other, while you did it yourself a couple times in your own post. So, are you here to troll and give the devs the feeling that this isn't a pretty big issue? If so, you are doing a great job.
    Soara2, Zule and Obano like this.
  8. Zule Member

lol its a normal thing, that people who achieved so much by doing so little, will say anything to maintain the status quo.

Let me just say that DF's nominal damage is not the culprit here (not anymore). its been nerfed at least 2-3 times, so obviously devs wanted to solve the problem but they didn't know enough.

There are multiple "features", which are questionable at least, if not outright bugs, and which happen to culminate on the monk class to a fun result.

Of course, explaining them here would kill the popcorn party.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

I dunno...sounds like the Monk is the top worldwide dps to me.
    kingmob23 likes this.
  10. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

.... maybe its DF causing the lag and not EB ? Wouldn't that be some stuff.. lol. I vaguely recall checking the number of times DF hit just running a heroic.. and it was like 12k hits zonewide? I'd have to dig through act to find the exact numbers, but I recall being surprised...
    Obano likes this.
  11. Obano Well-Known Member

DF is definitely a big source of lag in the game. You say it got 12k hits on your zonewide? Don't forget about the procs. You likely about 8k to 10k proc hits on top of that.
    Kraeref and Zeddicious like this.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

meh deleted. Enjoy your ranting and raving. Can’t wait to read for knowledgeable input.
  13. Alexstrasza Active Member

This thread is just a troll right?
    kingmob23 and Snikkety like this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Unswerving hammer > dragonfire. Don't @ me
  15. Avithax Well-Known Member

They tried giving it to Conjys and renamed it "Elemental Blast" but they couldn't handle it and fell over dead.......
    kingmob23 likes this.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Idk Elamite, is it a troll?
  17. Darwiin Active Member

LOL I talk about this last expansion I even posted a bug. Dragon Fire like a lot of other Scout/Tank spells are considered Combat Arts but are recieving Spell doublecast a lont with Ability double cast just like any other mage would. This is why it so high on the parse. I loaded up my monk last expansion and notice with 100% Spell doublecast that DF now hit as much as 17 times on a single dummy. So it not just the raw amount of damage but the fact that most monks and scouts now all spec for doublecast to recieve spell bonus on Combat Arts. DBG just ignored my bug report.
    Obano likes this.
  18. Redlight Well-Known Member

Well, it has always been a spell. That isn't the bug. Most abilities that got buffed during the patch that dragonfire got buffed, they gained two times (sometimes anywhere up till 4 if it was a really useless ability) the damage the previous tier of the ability did, for Dragonfire this was a times 10 or 20 multiplier (I forgot, probably times 10). What happens when you add a times 10 multiplier, and then make ability doublecast a relevant stat along with every major adornment/AA giving the spell a massive boost? Broken garbage. The fact that this spell hasn't been addressed is, in my opinion, pure amateurism.
    Ashandra likes this.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Let me see if I understand the point of this whole rant...nerf the monk until he can't out dps the self anointed dps king of the game?
    Soara2, Hiza, Snikkety and 2 others like this.
  20. AOE1 Well-Known Member

This has been going on for years and I don't see it changing. One nerf leads to another nerf and it just continues until people have enough and leave the game.
    Soara2 likes this.