dps mod

Discussion in 'Mages' started by captainbeatty451, Feb 28, 2017.

1. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Ok. So with today's patch notes, I'm now again sick to my stomach with this game. Please tell me that our own personal dps mod really makes no difference to how hard my reaper hits. I just...don't...want...to reforge AGAIN. (but i will because STATS!)

How many times do we have to get 'fixed' before the game just up and dies?

And I realize this fix wasn't really meant for us, as I'm pretty sure it was meant to address the recent nerf to scout and ascension 'dumbfires.'

But of course, we see 20% of our dps will now be shared with pets (and according to discord Caith this also includes our summoner normal pets), and people will try to make the most out of where they can. And of course I'll be right there looking at how I can get my number higher than the 100 that it currently rests at... but blah!

Sorry bout the rant, but I just want to have fun, and every week fun is taking a hit.
    Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

The summoner epic pet does virtually all of its damage from abilities. You want it that way, because then it will scale forever with your gear. Asking for the pet to be balanced around more melee DPS is going to hurt you long term.

I am deeply sorry that your fun is taking a hit. I too look wistfully at my pets when their swing animation fires and wonder "why aren't I enjoying this more right now?" And then I go kill some innocent deer in Commonlands, because screw you Bambi, that's why.
    Snikkety and Scrappyz like this.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

Yeah, girls just wanna have fuuuuun !! :)
    Snikkety and captainbeatty451 like this.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Ha! I think I just had a bit of rage this morning when looking at a few of my friend summoners who all of a sudden have 700 dps mod, and I was like 'crap! I don't feel like spending a half hour this afternoon reforging again to get something like that!'

Right now, the autoattack of the reaper is my highest parsing ability on most fights of any duration. If adding to my own dps mod will improve this already great number, I'm certainly going to try it.

And I definitely did not ask for it to be balanced around dps mod. I'm just reacting to the patch note where MY dps mod now affects the pet.
  5. VGScastaway Member

Why can't they just balance everything on a case by case basis instead of the sweeping changes? So in other words, temp pets like sin and BL are going to be hell and gone behind perm pets like summoners and BL? Like the perm pet classes need that much of a boost over other T1 at this point? Seems out of whack. I say this not having logged in yet
  6. Anaranj Member

Sorry but that is not true at all in my case. I just did the daily in Vessel of the Sorceress. My planeswalker pet did 24% of total damage only with auto-attack and 26% in Forgotten Sanctum. That is, on average, a quarter of the total damage, mine and from pet. I think that from now on I must take into account the melee damage statistics

And, yes, Planeswalker's autoattack is also my highest parsing ability.

And sorry for bad English ...;)
    DoomDrake and captainbeatty451 like this.
  7. Anaranj Member

And this fact is just one more that adds to what is happening since the Ascension skills were implemented. If the pet's autoattack, added to its different abilities, makes more than 50% of the total damage and we add a 20% more derived from the spells of Ascension ... what is left for the spells that define a player in the game as conjuror? What should we take into account from now on? Wait until Ascension spells recycle and click its? The dumbfires, soulburn, unda, are no longer relevant compared to these. None of the skills that previously defined a conjuror is now relevant. Only the epic and Ascension spells make the difference and four Ascension classes are too few to maintain the traditional style of the game.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

It is a scout pet....it kinda makes sense its melee ability should be something imho
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Melee stats do jack squat for scouts right now, so why would scout PETS need them?
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Maybe the ****** 100 potency 40k ABMod wrists will be high demand... we can sell garbage for even more!
    Speaking of stupid stats, on my wizard I keep reforging out of attack speed and I'm STILL hitting 800. Where the hell is it coming from?!?!?
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Billzbub Active Member

Because melee attacks make up a larger portion of the pets' damage than they do for the scout. If you want the pets to work like players, then they would have to be reprogrammed to spam combat arts or spells continuously. I don't think they do that now, and I wouldn't want Daybreak to attempt to make them do that. It's too risky. The simpler a pet's attacks are, the better.

Of course, the simpler the player's attacks are, the less risk things get out of hand, but it wouldn't be Everquest 2 without all the crazy complications.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

And none of this would be a problem if not for THE ILLUSIONIST CLOAK THAT MAKES THEM TIER 1 DPS!

Hehe, remember that guy last xpac? He made me smile <3
  13. Nkito Well-Known Member

Sorry for the off-topic but I think even the player combat is being simplified in the name of server lag. DPS is significantly, and increasingly, ascension based. With the painfully long cast times it ends up far fewer server calculations per player.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

Cuz if you played a summoner you'd know we have some AA's and such that have been useless for years and years because they effect autoattack of the pet. Finally those are worth spec'ing (assuming they are not bugged and working correctly).
    captainbeatty451 and Scrappyz like this.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

brb speccing Charm Animal on my Ranger. :p
    Conifur, DoomDrake and Snikkety like this.
  16. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

So I tested last night, increasing my dps mod by about 500 from 100. The reaper autoattack went up by about 50mil or so. Which when it's doing 220mil autoattack over 3min, moving up to 269mil doesn't seem like that much of a big deal to me.

So 3 min fight, increase of perhaps 50mil encounter autoattack damage with those numbers potentially skewed by the fact it hit a mythical during the dps mod increase part of the test. Bottom line, doesn't affect us too much, and I'm not going to worry about it for now, though I will keep my current reforge, because hey, 50mil isn't nothing. It's just not something I would care about much if I hadn't already done it.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  17. Zelox Active Member

18. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Ok, so just to add some info after raid last night. The other necro with similar stats to mine had his reaper autoattack consistently hitting harder than mine. The only place his stats are actually better than mine is his dps mod stat by 200 points. It may be worth looking into.

One caveat: I have lately not at all been paying attention to making sure my pet is attacking the mob's back. Not sure if that makes a difference.
  19. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I think it might now that pets share strikethrough.. I haven't done a whole lot of testing myself on this subject, but if it works the same as players, then the best dps you'll get is from the back so you/the pet isn't getting parried. Just my two cents :)

Also, I would assume this change to stats also affects chanter pets? Like I said, I haven't done a whole lot of looking into it just yet as I've been busy IRL past couple days
  20. VGScastaway Member

This change seems to have unbalanced things even more than they already had been.