Downtime for Splitpaw - June 2, 2011

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Ashlanne, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-kahonen Guest

Personally, I'd quite like the Update Page on the loading programme to be changed. It hasn't been updated since April 19th.
    Now, every time I login and see EQ2 doing something involving downloading and installing content onto my PC I'm becoming increasingly concerned whether this is from an official source or from someone else that stole my details during the recent server problems.
    I'm not feeling particularly happy about having EQ2 on my PC at all at the moment!
  2. ARCHIVED-Kallinia Guest

OK, this is getting ridiculous ! I'm not one to quickly point fingers or get angry, but I'm more than annoyed atm. FFS, it's 4 effing hours OVER the announced downtime now. Not a single word from anyone.

The server's been locked since i tried logging in for the first time 3hrs ago. Can we expect to get to play AT ALL today ?
  3. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

4 hours over schedule, 6 hours down in total.
    Come on Sony. One word, just one word to show that you know about this issue is all I ask.
    Would it kill you? Really?
  4. ARCHIVED-PhabiusBile Guest

I suspect it wont be back up for another 4 hours when soe gets in to work.
  5. ARCHIVED-Galtavok Guest

What the bloody hell is this? SOE, are you trying to alienate your customers and force them to quit the game?
    There is no info anywhere on the forums about this downtime, the server-page has been showing Splitpaw as up all day, and as usual the European customers are left to wait for US west-coast office-hours to start. And hoping that the server might come up. Sometime. Possibly.
    The 2 week downtime - with absolutely no customer-communication at all - wasn't enough?
    Could you suck more if you tried?
  6. ARCHIVED-Kallinia Guest

PhabiusBile wrote:
    I fear you might be right ......
    My guess is something's gone wrong and since they're still asleep over there, the guys in Amsterdam can do nothing but to wait for THEM to come into work. Which is a disgrace for a company, that supplies a worldwide service !
  7. ARCHIVED-Galtavok Guest

I'd also like to add, that this weekend alot of ppl are off work thu-mon over here. So there's alot of players staring at their screens in utter frustration atm, not being able to play on their day off.
  8. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

Another shameful and embarassing performance by SOE. Any chance they get, they mess up. That is the most reliable quality of that company lately.
  9. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Kallinia@Splitpaw wrote:
    The guys in Amsterdam should be given a contact number for emergencies. Oh well, I can dream!
  10. ARCHIVED-Galtavok Guest

Symphonia@Splitpaw wrote:
    Don't be silly. That might actually qualify as customer-service.
    Can't have that, especially not when SoE is aspiring to become the worlds most sucky customer-relations company in the history of man-kind.
  11. ARCHIVED-Valphine Guest

Kallinia@Splitpaw wrote:
    Might be so...but then, is it so d* hard to let us know then? just f* type something!
  12. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Galtavok wrote:
    Hands up to that one - I was being silly!
  13. ARCHIVED-Kallinia Guest

Valphine wrote:
    It shouldn't be. But my guess (again) is that the guys in Amsterdam either are mere technicians that aren't allowed on the forums or they're contractors who just do what they're told (like applying patches) and if anything goes wrong, they have to report back to their client.
  14. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

7 and going for a mere hotfix. And the only thing that is certain is that we will be lectured by SOE to stay nice on the forums. Absolutely incredible.
  15. ARCHIVED-Grimm79 Guest

Amazing yet again.... and not in a good way. I had hoped that recent events would at least have made SOE more aware on the matter of customer satisfaction...appearantly it has not.
    Would it really be so hard to give even the faintest sign of life:
    "Boys and girls something got screwed and we had to blablabla, we have no exact ETA as of yet but we will post updates every hour or so?"
    At least then we would have the feeling that they cared about their players.
  16. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

Server just came back up.
  17. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

I thought I'd check back tonight (14 hours after downtime SHOULD have ended) to see if we had seen a Red Name in the thread explaining the delay.

Fat chance. Must have been the wine giving me stupid expectations.
    EDIT:
    (and yea, I know the server is up, but a "sorry about that" is always nice to see)
  18. ARCHIVED-Maigraith Guest

So seriously, did we get any explantion/apologies etc in the end for the downtime and the total lack of communication about it? I am in NZ and gave up and went to bed at 11pm 5 hours after it was suposedly due to be back up! What time did it come back up in the end?
  19. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

Maigraith wrote:
    Downtime was a tad over 7 hours, so 5 hours over the estimated down time. No explanation, no sorry, as usual.
  20. ARCHIVED-Maigraith Guest

Marvis@Runnyeye wrote:
    Ah ok thanks for that. SOE it is totally disgusting that you think an extra 5 hours downtime does not warrant an explanation or apology, how hard would it have been to post a sentence to let us know we weren't just being ignored, unplanned downtime doesn't bother me as it happens, but the total lack of communication from you is extremely disappointing.