Downtime for Splitpaw - June 2, 2011

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Ashlanne, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Ashlanne Guest

This is a notification that UK worlds will be updated at 5:00 AM London Time on 06/02/2011. The estimated downtime will be 2 hours.
  2. ARCHIVED-Iamfred Guest

It would be super cool to see a london clock in the msg or the signature. I believe when I post this it will be 7:26 am. This means, the 2 hr down time is still on like a bad dog in a unguarded plate of cupcakes before a birthday party! :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

Would it be possible for the Server Status page to show SP down when we still can't get in pretty please?
  4. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Is it this morning or yesterday morning?
    I wish we could alter the time clock on here. Other, less sophisticated sites have this facility and does save the need to be constantly taking away eight and maybe even one for the day just to check what time messages have been posted.
    Ah well, my first early morning expedition for quite a quile is scuppered! Hope the world starts to rotate again soon!
  5. ARCHIVED-leiela Guest

Erm ....
    I have to say i've been abit confused. Server satus page says up and because this message state's the 2rd of june When it's actually june 3rd here in the uk.
    I've spent the last 1/2 hour scouring for any other sign's of whats wrong.
    As someone asked any chance the server status could show locked servers and could the downtime warning messages please show the right date/times for UK servers please, heck if it's too confusing use US time i figure it out myself. :D
    Tar ...
    At least i now know im not going mad and im not the only person who thought the update was yesterday :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Veskandar Guest

So it's 40 min over time now?
  7. ARCHIVED-leiela Guest

Layton@Runnyeye wrote:
    I belive so ... yes. If this message was indeed supposed to read the 3rd.
  8. ARCHIVED-lilithmoonstar Guest

I cant understand why its so difficult to put in a few extra words with the London time as well, I really dont mind waiting to log on but some more info would be very nice. Someone should update the server status page as well show server available.
  9. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

I was only assuming this notice was for Friday's (UK Friday that is, so still US Thursday) as patch notes have been posted for Friday.
    You never know though. Downtime currently 3 hours and counting.
  10. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

From a Fan Site: http://eq2wire.com/2011/06/02/june-...otes/#more-9437
    All U.S. servers will come down for a hotfix at 7am PDT on Thursday, June 2, 2011. The expected downtime is one hour. The Splitpaw server will have its hotfix at 5am London Time on Friday, June 3, 2011. Estimated downtime is 2 hours.
    Nice to see Feldon doing Sony's job for them.
  11. ARCHIVED-Macalacca Guest

So in Europe (where it is Friday 3rd 0815 UK time) we are now getting the Thursday 2nd Hotfix? Was hoping we might be getting the Friday 3rd one?
    Still another day of screwed casting/reuse times isn't tooo bad I guess as long as it does get fixed....
  12. ARCHIVED-adolf102 Guest

So time is in London Time and Date in Pacific Time? ehem... ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

adolf102 wrote:
    Would you be surprised? Doesn't American Geography lessons go along the lines of "We live in America, this big blue blob on the map. And the rest? There be dragons"?
  14. ARCHIVED-Iamfred Guest

Down for 1.5 hr over scheduled time. Can I get a phone call to wake me up when it's up? :)
    See! I just invented a new App. Sell players a Everquest 2 Server Status cell phone alarm.
  15. ARCHIVED-bellatrix2009 Guest

Iamfred wrote:
    the question is will it work? or will it be broke foreva like the eq2 mobile app? :)
  16. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

Any intention of having the server back up today? It's 4 hours now, without any status update whatsoever (as usual, sadly).
  17. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

2.5 hours over estimated time now.
    At least I managed to make a couple of good signings in my Football Manager game during the downtime.
  18. ARCHIVED-rvt Guest

this looks more and more like a total mockery and disrespect to the paying customers. I wonder how many more should unsubscribe or sue SOE for them to learn the lesson...
  19. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

The only way that this downtime could in any way be justified is if the server upgrades came in. But from Smokejumper's recent message, nothing pointed out to that. And even then, SOE should have given us a status update _hours_ ago.
    So I kinda wonder whether there even is anyone at SOE or their data center that has noticed the downtime yet. :p
  20. ARCHIVED-TootSweet Guest

Oh well I suppose I shall have to go and pack now - and the running up and down stairs to check status will be really good for my not-very-girlish-anymore figure. Thanks SOE :(
    I don't mind the downtime, particularly if they're doing something useful with it, it's the total lack of communication that gets up my nose - there must be somebody who's awake over there who is able to type 'oops sorry looks like we screwed up - again - please add another 4 hours on to the estimated downtime'?
    And - and this is really innovative - wouldn't it be exciting if the update notes were updated so that we had a vague clue about what was going on?
    The troll