Download cancelled. Can't download 1/16/08 update or play.

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-leekou, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-jma379 Guest

Thank you, even nothing new to report is appreciated...at least your there
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanT Guest

I just checked again with the ChrisL. Unfortunately we have nothing new to report. It's still a routing issue between your ISP and us. These problems started when your ISP made their recent changes. I will let you know if I have anything new come up.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanT Guest

I've heard reports of people changing the MTU value in your router's settings to be 1450, this will not help everyone, but some people might be able to connect this way.
  4. ARCHIVED-cooler Guest

Just like to add my name to the list.
    I am with BT and keep getting the download canceled message. Not played in about 2 weeks as I have been busy I jump onto game this morning and cant play.
    Edited to say I got it downloaded. Turned off firewall and it downloaded np.
  5. ARCHIVED-Selene_LySia Guest

I've been experiencing this problem with SWG and helping to keep everyone over there updated (I don't play EQ2, but the servers are hosted by the same people).

Anyway, I have a 92-range IP address, and can now connect to the EU servers, but still not to the East Coast servers, which is where I play, so whatever prserv.net have changed on their routers, llnw.net need to do the same (prserv.net is where the connection to the EU servers was failing, and llnw.net is the east coast equivilent.)

So the bottom line, hopefully you all can now connect to the EU servers. Just need to wait for them to make the same changes in the US.
  6. ARCHIVED-jma379 Guest

Well would you believe it I can now access eu servers...thanks Selene for letting me know ! so now what...I have been demoted in my guild...for not being online.
    Thats life I suppose. Not sure exactly what happened....and now wondering which servers to play on! US or EU??? Thanks to all concerned on fixing what ever went wrong and a big rasberry to who ever caused it.
    Remember communication is the key to a happy customer ..even bad news is some news, we forgive what we know about, we get fustrated when we are treated like mushrooms!
    Hope everyone is back on now, Thanks to the SoE guys who did communicate! and good luck to the rest of you!
    John
  7. ARCHIVED-Lenvaren Guest

Yep, I can finally tracert all the way too Splitpaw
    Looks like prserv.net have finally updated their filters too allow the newly released IP ranges (Which includes those beginning with 92).
    Happy gaming all, we got there in the end, would have been my 3rd week without EQ tomorrow...hurrah!
  8. ARCHIVED-Uther Stormhammer Guest

Hopefully Crushbone server up for me soon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Golderhar Guest

OOps wrong forum
  10. ARCHIVED-Golderhar Guest

OK I am not even an AoL customer unless I visit my GF's house lol and I have just spent ten minutes on the phone to Mohhamed who was very helpful but may as well have asked the question.

"Whats an everquest 2?"

I mean I know they have had calls off the hook about this problem and he has the cheak to tell me that there are know known problems between AoL and Sony lol

I really must Say Moretta We gotta get you onto a propper Service provider AoL either have no internal communications with each other or are a bunch of merlandering idiots with there Thumbs Firmly positioned where the sun does not shine

Del
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanT Guest

The problem with HUGE ISPs like AOL is that they often have many separate outsourced offices. Often 'Jim' and 'Bob' have never met, yet they work in the same 'department'.

I'm glad to hear that some of you are able to get back on. We have had people contacting companies and such, trying to get this back up for the customers!

Let me know who's still having issues so I can update our web teams.
  12. ARCHIVED-Bahamut_FFX Guest

I can trace all the way to Splitpaw with no problems now and the patcher works fine, but for some reason the game freezes for me on trying login server #2.
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanT Guest

Splitpaw is currently locked for patching/updates. I'll let you guys know when it comes back up.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bahamut_FFX Guest

Ok, thanks. I'm glad it seems to be working now, just a funny coincidence that Splitpaw is locked :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Marutukku Guest

Yes I managed to get patched and logged in for a couple of hours today :D
    Good job to all who have persevered with this issue, was almost 4 weeks without EQ here :(
    Any idea of an ETA on when Splitpaw etc will be coming back online Dan ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanT Guest

No ETA at the moment, when I get back from my lunch break, (another 10 min or so) I'll start poking around, see if I can get more info for you guys. I'm sure you're eager to try connecting.
  17. ARCHIVED-Eternal-Goddess Guest

Woooo!! Iv finally been able to download the patch for EQ2 after not being able to play on the EU servers since the 14th of december...
    But when i click 'play' it starts up the game but says 'cant loggin to server #1 or #2'.
    Is splitpaw still down?
  18. ARCHIVED-Eternal-Goddess Guest

Oh whoops -sorry TSR dan - i must have just posted my msg just as you were...
    Guessing its still down then :p
  19. ARCHIVED-Marutukku Guest

Splitpaw was up for a couple of hours today after the patch but has been down for a few hours now :(
  20. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanT Guest

The GMs are telling me the server is back up and populating. Keep in mind a lot of people are trying right now, so it's likely to be slow at first.