Double Exp?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AlaskaJay, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Cisteros Active Member

Well, if you want to look at potential benefit as you seem to be in your response, 90 days x4 hours = 360 hours x10% bonus has less potential that 3 days x24 hours =72 hours x100% bonus. Stipulated that no one is playing 72 hours straight. I'm fairly certain no one is playing 4 hours/day for 90 days straight either, so some waste comes from both scenarios.

But the point of a double exp weekend, at least to me is to provide a massive fast boost, which is more productive and satisfying than a fractional increase of everything. To use an example all who have played to cap can understand, is it more enjoyable to get a new piece of gear with a .3% upgrade across the board, or your first raid drop that is upgrading a handcrafted item? Comparing a small daily incremental increase to massive double exp is apples and oranges IMO. Extra gold and run speed are another background thing that may be nice to have, but IMO do not factor into the comparison

Of course, this is all sound and fury signifying nothing, so I bid you adieu and fair winds
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

My point is we get plenty of xp rewards throughout the year and actually having a bonus that lasts for as long as this does is nicer than the weekend people will miss out on for one reason or another. Let's not forget the people living outside the states who don't get these days off.
  3. Dexella Associate Producer

Some promotions are company-wide (like yesterday's 40% off SC promo), while others are game-specific (like certain Marketplace sales, or Double Experience weekends). There are many weekends where EQ2 has sales/promos going on when other games don't, and weekends where other games have special events and we do not.
    Wingrider01 and Avirodar like this.
  4. Taysa Well-Known Member

Didn't we JUST have double exp? Like...2 months ago or something?
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

6. KhaineUK Active Member

Should've had double XP IMO.

That + extra station cash means SOE would've made a KILLING on XP and vitality pots for people who want to power level.
    Filly67 likes this.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Given it takes like a week to get max level and no longer need xp, I'm not sure I can really agree with this argument.

Sure, potentially, if I found enough characters to play over 90 days that were not already maxed, the potential xp is higher. However in any practical application, a single xp weekend will net me more than this buff will all summer, since 99% of my playtime will be on characters hat no longer get xp.

This goldrush buff is extremely lame, only a fool would find it valuable.

I do agree with others in this thread. We got no double xp cause SoE thinks this crappy ability will upsell players. They may be right as new players may not realize just how little this buff actually does for you. I doubt we'll see another double xp weekend until after this gimmick is done.
    Alenna and Filly67 like this.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'd rather be a happy in my foolishness than sad over my greed not being satisfied. :p I think this "lame" buff would make a good permanent perk for gold members.
    Spindle likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Well, yes, if you aren't playing for the 3 days of Double XP, I can see why that would be of limited usefulness. ;)