Double Exp?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AlaskaJay, Jul 3, 2013.

1. AlaskaJay New Member

I see the rebate on SC and the sale on marketplace items but no word of double exp. Normally I would assume the lack of announcement means no double exp for us but with both Planetside 2 (Present thru Sunday) and Everquest 1 (Midnight thru Sunday) getting double exp I find it very odd that EQ2 has not announced or odder still, may not get double exp. Thoughts?
  2. Spock Active Member

Alaska pls dont start another thread on this already 1 2 threads down of yours. ty for ur understanding.
  3. AlaskaJay New Member

Perhaps I am missing something but the only thread that could even remotely be the one you are talking about that I is titled "Double/triple SC this 4th of July?". Where in the bulk of discussion is in reference to SC and now that they have release that info, disappointment in the 40% rebate. Double exp is barely mentioned and only in passing.
  4. Jabob New Member

EverQuest 2There is no Double XP in EverQuest II this weekend. [Dexella]

in a reply on facebook around 3 hours ago
  5. AccidentProne37 Active Member

I was hoping fore a double xp but it doesn't look like its gonna happen. I'd think if it were, with the 4th being tomorrow, we'd have heard by now. (I've got a level 80 who needs to level but I really disliked Odus in EQ2. Just personal preference on that one.)

Edited to say: Doh, I missed Jabob's post about facebook. I guess no double *sad face*
  6. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Figures. A half-dozen long-afk guildies showed up again last month, and they're still leveling up. So, of course, this is the first holiday in forever to not give us leveling bonuses.
  7. Seliri Well-Known Member

but who was old thread bump? ;o
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

double xp for 2 planetside and eq2 but not for EQ2 :(
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

It makes no sense that other SOE games have double xp and we don't... very weird.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

yep
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

Double weak....
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Double lack of surprise here. Since when do they overlap xp bonuses? :p
  13. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Ahh, a new forum police officer has been added.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If we want to get like that about posts, the other thread wasn't even about xp to begin with. It was about sc. :p
  15. Tajar Well-Known Member

Does seem odd for other Sony games to have double XP, but EQ2 doesn't... any reason as to why?
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

what xp bonus are htey overlapping if you are thinking the Gold summer. how does that help those who aren't gold hmm?
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The whole idea of the summer promotion is to encourage people to upgrade, even if it's only for the two months of summer, when a lot of people typically have a little more time to play and enjoy the game. Having an xp weekend on top of that sort of defeats the purpose.

How does it help those who aren't gold? Pardon the bluntness of this next statement, but I think the better question is "why should they help those who aren't gold?" I don't mean to sound like the more elitist of the subscriber base, but SOE really doesn't owe you anything if you're silver or bronze. You're already getting a lot for nothing, with all the updates and events.
    Levatino and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

yeah but the gold is only what 10-15% more comeon they are giving planetside and eq1 double exp this weekend the gold members deserve that.

btw I am a gold member doing it through game cards though.
  19. Cisteros Active Member

Are you actually comparing that 10% exp bonus tied in with the summer bonus promotion to double exp weekends when the last two have even covered Guild exp?

Just checking
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Yes. I am. 10% xp over 90 days is worth more than 100% over 3 days (especially for those who might travel on said 3 days). With bonus gold drops, it's even better.

While it's great that they finally got guild double xp working, I don't think we need to have it so often. If people want more guild xp, they can get more members.

I don't know about PS, but EQ1 hasn't had xp weekends as often as EQ2 or at least at the same time and their xp system is a lot simpler, lacks the passive vitality system and is generally more punishing.