Don't Miss Daybreak's Cyber Monday Sales!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Eradani Well-Known Member

hehe, i got 2
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Katz like this.
  2. Tiwi New Member

I'm told by Support that, unfortunately, there won't be a fix for anyone using anything less than Windows 7. (I run Vista.) Unless something's changed since the response I got to my ticket a day or two ago, ("Windows Vista is now prone to security exploits, never mind the fact that it does not support new technologies and software being developed. As a company, we can't allow our customers to be exposed to security risks, at least as much as we are able.") there is no fix and no workaround other than upgrading to a newer OS (it was suggested Windows 7 is acceptable, but even Windows 7 is currently only in "extended support".)

It's disappointing, as I most likely will only upgrade kicking and screaming and certainly not for a game - even a game I've supported for 12 years. But I guess I can see their point in terms of security. However, it might be nice if they'd offer some other method to use the DBC that comes with our subscriptions. The DBC is one of the perks of being a paying player. Maybe through the web site or something? I can purchase DBC there without problems.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen; you should be able to access anything in the Marketplace in-game on the Web site out-game (besides just purchasing the Cash; you ought to be able to spend it, too). WoW does that beautifully and always has. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders if all of us who don't have at least 8 or 10 yet just better prepare to find another game to play (and since when is anyone writing viruses for Vista any more...)? :(
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

lol at that last part - ya, xp is finally fixed and they discontinue it.

But it can't just be because xp as i can get into the marketplace ok. there has to be something in our setups that's different enough.
  5. LordTiras Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in another thread by one of the devs that he has a fix for XP/Vista, though he admitted it was a limited fix and some things would not work right. He said it should be in this Thursday's patch. I think it boils down to the libraries being used by each OS. Vista and XP are probably not getting updated libraries that are properly secure. Why it works for Eradani I don't know, though I suspect it has at least partially to do with still using IE6 and having that blocked from outside access.
    It would be good if you could spend the DBC on the website. After all you're logging in to access the system, so you should be able to easily purchase items as you're hooked in. It may not be trivial work to ensure that certain items go to the right character, but I'd bet that can be solved.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

when everyone was having that "browser page keeps opening" issue, i was having it open once and then not again that market session. kind of like the page that got opened had one of those "onClose = reopenWindow();" viruses, er bugs.

i did get the API doesn't work anymore for the news but didn't think to check if the market still works. i will next time
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:(:mad: they messed up the Launchpad and I was not able to even log in to one of my accounts I send in a ticket on Sunday and did not get an answer yet on that so I was not able to even buy a nail and I had my eyes on some real-estate
    I wanted to buy one or 2 of those Unrest estates
    I am so very disappointed and mad and GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

playing a game should not make you sad it should be fun :(
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen; Da Spousal Unit has quit games in the past when fun was no longer to be had. :(

Fortunately, I'm more stubborn and willing to thrash through inconveniences. ;->

But if it becomes no longer possible... :-/

Uwk
  9. Spindle Well-Known Member

Hi there, did you have trouble getting on the Forums Sunday as well? There is only the early post about the pink elephant on Sunday and nothing later about Launchpad problems. There are a couple of posts on Monday about the Test server.

Sorry you had difficulty with Launchpad. Many times other players can help with such difficulties quicker and easier than CS, especially on weekends.

Let's all hope for a 'Day after Christmas' sale. Those were always fun in real time ))

PS I get lost in my Unrest estate lol..must remember to get more transport pads this week in Halas!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

AMEN to that last! +1 to a sale on DBG Cash, then items (including character slots ;->)!!! :)

And before the Frostfell items disappear from the Marketplace, I hope the Vista/XP folks can get them! :D

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Tiwi New Member

Well, if they CAN come up with a fix, that'd be great. =) I am, by no means, a computer expert, but I've played on them enough and know enough genuine computer wizards to know that there's really very little that absolutely cannot be done - if you have the desire to do it. And if the "fix" is simply opening up the market online as well as in game, I can be happy with that. They deal in real money there, I see no reason they can't deal in "pretend" money too =)
  12. Tiwi New Member

Well, this is my official "I'll shut up and stop complaining now" post =P I dunno if it was fixed or what, but I was able to not only open the marketplace just now, but I actually used it and did not get tossed out of the game. My undying gratitude to the Master Fixers! You guys rock =)
    GrunEQ and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.