Does my intelligence really increase spell damage?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-AlatarielC, Apr 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

Thanks, never actually thought of that, I still can never figure out what the cap is. I am 55 and my int is in the mid 300's

Omaplata
  2. ARCHIVED-Tomanak Guest

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but isnt it 7Xlvl?? So at 55 your Int cap would be 385.
  3. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

Thanks,

Not sure how everyone is talking about hitting the cap, I rarely see anyone else I have grouped with (that is within 3-4 levels higher than me) that has higher int than me.

Omaplata
  4. ARCHIVED-valkyrja Guest

A potion can easily get you to the cap.
  5. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

Actually, int doesn't increase your spell damage one bit.

Int decreases the penalty to damage you get for not having your int capped, which is level * 7 + 20.

As for why you wouldn't see a change when you remove some int, try looking at a different spell. If your spell does 10-20 damage and you remove some int, you might not see a difference. If you spell does 500-700 and you remove some int, the difference will be easier to see. By the time you get to higher levels and have 500 int or whatever, changing out a few pieces of gear will drop damage on some spells by a few hundred points.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wallzak Guest

not sure if I"m following you on this one...

I play a paladin as my main, started playing a warlock... if I'm twinked to tank, my INT is mid 200's. If I twink to dps, I can get my INT in the mid 500's (I've seen it as high as 668... useless, but still impressive).

The damage range between the two is 30+% (700-1200 vs 910-1560).

I'm not sure if we are saying the same thing Korpo
  7. ARCHIVED-Zombo611 Guest

Not sure if everyone seen this in Onorem reply http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=23&message.id=13989&query.id=0#M13989
    Great information on Damage vs INT If you are a numbers person and if you are a visual person they even have some charts. :smileywink: